The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Juronimo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 pm

We beat a team we couldn't beat when we were winning championships. That has to count for something right? Oh and the world didn't end today.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby easyguy on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Juronimo wrote:We beat a team we couldn't beat when we were winning championships. That has to count for something right? Oh and the world didn't end today.

NO!, I rather lose to them and beat everyone else like we did when we were winning chips. :jam2:
easyguy

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Juronimo wrote:We beat a team we couldn't beat when we were winning championships. That has to count for something right? Oh and the world didn't end today.

:man10: I wonder how many "whack jobs" are irritated that they were shown to be nuts and in fact are still here alive as well as the world is still here.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:This is an optimistic site, we shouldn't let this fall to the 2nd page. :man1:

We are only 6 1/2 games out of the 3 seed, 7 1/2 out from the 2 seed and 9 games out of the 1st seed. There is 56 games left in the season, we are coming back to full strength here very shortly and we are on a 3 game winning streak.

We are about to start bangin' on fools and start climbing that ladder.

Damn straight. As soon as we can heal up and get healthy this team is going to start rolling.

It'll take a month or so before we hit full stride, but it's entirely possible that we win games pretty soon on talent alone once Nash is on the floor again.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:38 pm

nash coming back by xmas at the latest is the greatest cause for optimism we've had in a while
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 am

We're 1.5 games out of the sixth seed.

Pau and Dwight shared 19 minutes together on the court, they were a +9

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 am

we actually won a close game at the end and played defense
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 am

Coming back from a double digits deficit to win the game in back to back contests is encouraging ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:43 am

team building win for sure. guys have to have built some chemistry after this win...they won it bc of defense and intensity and effort, believing in each other etc. all the things a team needs to grow together and trust each other.

kobe except for one play i think let nash handle the ball in the last moments of the 4th and pretty much all of OT and he delivered us a win.

hill meeks and now metta off the bench were AMAZING. hell even Duhon was solid 7 assists in 12 mins are you kidding me?

chemistry should be at a all time high right now and i hope i carries over to the knicks game.....we'll need it.
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 am

Come back on the road, playing good D !

STEVE NASH.

MWP, Hill & Meeks off the bench.

Overcame a ref jobbing
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 am

solid game and would have been a double digit win if the refs did their job right.
Ariza3

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:53 am

Our defense looked much better (most of the game) even though GS was just unconscious from long range and the refs took Dwight out of the game.

Nash looks healthy.

MWP continues to impress.

We're going to look real, real good when Gasol is flipped for some better fitting pieces.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 am

Dwight & Kobe were saddled with foul trouble. Kobe had his worst shooting game of the season. We were on the road in a crazy environment where we've been terrible; nevertheless, we still won the game.

I seen something in this team last night. I think we're going to have a very good rest of December and January even with our difficult schedule.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 am

Nash/Dwight high screen & roll with Kobe wide open on the wing. Yeah, I could get used to that. :man13:
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:44 am

4 game in streak? :man13: Now I can start getting giddy! Even if we lose the NY game, I still think this GS win is the true turning point in our season.

We know we can win down the stretch. Gasol used to be able to do that for us as the 2nd option, but now that Nash is here to accept his role in crunch time, we're in good hands again.

We probably won't make top 4 in the West, but as long as we're in the playoffs, nobody's gonna want to play us, esp in the first round. :jam2: Think teams would rather play us instead of the Denver Nuggets? :man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 am

Might have been my favorite game thus far this season. So good to see Nash out there. Great effort by the guys. Awesome win!! :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Might have been my favorite game thus far this season. So good to see Nash out there. Great effort by the guys. Awesome win!! :jam2:

MIGHT have been??? The bar hadn't exactly been high before last night's game. Best game of the year by a MILE. :man12:
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 pm

my last 'optimism' post was about coming back from a deficit and not folding...that was worth noting

but that was at home...against the Bobcats

last night was on the road...against a good team that was on a roll...to come back like that showed heart...to take the lead and battle in OT...that's championship grit...its good to see that its in the team

not only was that a super fun game to watch, it showed me a lot about this team and what they can do...time to REALLY validate this streak by showing up on Christmas
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Optimism is all because of Nash, he will make all the pieces fit.
JLaker17

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:37 pm

nash already building team chemistry and spirits up with one game back. and honestly hes not 100% either. when him and dwight are pain free and in their normal conditioning its gunna be a lot of fun....if last nights thriller wasnt enough.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:53 am

Ah yes, my thread... My beautiful thread...

Well here after a 4 game win streak my thread looks much nicer :man10:

There's plenty to be optimistic about, but there's only one thing that I think we can all agree on: Nash makes this team better and he's back and playing.

I have been one of the few asking for patience with our coach and a little bit of patience with our players. I agree we should have won most of the games we've lost thus far, but I wanted to wait until Nash was back.

/tooting my own horn

D'Antoni's offense was built literally around Steve Nash and how he can change and affect games. He was the muse to this system. Since D'Antoni was hired we haven't seen a legitimate PG running this system and I think it was clear on Saturday exactly how potent this offense can be. Yes, it was a close game, but there was a TON of flaws in the offense and it STILL looked great. Pau will get used to some of those passes from Nash. Howard will get more comfortable with Nash's roll. Kobe will continue to get wide open look after wide open look. And of course as they continue adapting to Nash, he'll continue finding holes in every defense.

This team has a real chance to be one of the most potent offensive teams the Lakers have fielded.

Defensively we have a long ways to go, but we have some role players that really have the ability to lock down when they're called upon. The lineup of Duhon(Morris), Meeks, Artest, Hill, Howard is really potent defensively and can really put the clamps on most other teams. The problem is our starters struggling on that end, but as the offense improves I think the defense will too. Not to mention Howard will continue to heal up and get better and as that happens, we'll get better as a unit.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:15 am

Expending mental energy on the offensive end (learning MDA's system, learning Nash's tendencies, etc) is going to take away from mental energy on the defensive end. It shouldn't, but it does. There will be a learning curve with Nash back, but it will be a short one. Once there is on-the-court chemistry and everyone is running the offense "in their sleep", things will be beautiful...offensively and defensively.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am

^ It'll only take time, which is something of a premium right now. We don't have a whole lot of it. We really can't afford to have anyone else go down with an injury or anything like that. We need our guys to build chemistry at lightening speed.

God forbid anything happens to Nash again. We'll be dead in the water.

but that's a discussion for a less sunny thread.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:00 pm

2 big grind it out wins in a row VS GOOD TEAMS!!!!!!!!

Lets build on this
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:02 pm

We're coming.....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion