The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Here is my thought:

1. We turned the ball over to much
2. We had to many lapses on defense from everyone
3. Ron shot like crap
4. Howard was pretty bad all game and then got ejected
5. Officiating was horrid
6. Playing in Den on a B2B (yes they were too but they are use to playing in Den)
7. Meeks and Duhon played like TP in portajohn
8. To many missed free throws from everyone not named Dwight
9. Nash with a bunch of TO's (shocking)

All that being said, we still could of won that game. This game, in my opinion, was the exception not the norm. I say we bounce back against our favorite team Portland.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Here is my thought:

3. Ron shot like crap
6. Playing in Den on a B2B (yes they were too but they are use to playing in Den)

All that being said, we still could of won that game. This game, in my opinion, was the exception not the norm. I say we bounce back against our favorite team Portland.

I agree with this. Generally, these our tough games to win because of our age and a B2B. Nevetheless, this is where losing games like Indiana, San Antonio, Cleveland, really hurt; you know you can't win every game, but you need to win the games you should.

All that aside, I like our chances against Portland. They have nobody inside that can guard our bigs, and we should be feasting inside the paint playing in-out type of basketball this game. I think we should be fine. After that, we have Philly on January 1st; we should beat them and be over .500...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Here is my thought:

3. Ron shot like crap

Great post, hopefully you are right
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:01 am

Lakers lose but welp at least I got to have some tamales and cookies with JanineGarcia, her mom and grandma :jam2: :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:01 am

even with all the terrible D and shooting we still scored a ton of points and if the refs gave us the calls we deserved then we prob would have won even with the rebounding difference and turnovers. crazy how officiating can change a game. it wasnt just one call....it was the entire game.
Ariza3

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:6. Playing in Den on a B2B (yes they were too but they are use to playing in Den)

i used to call BS to this.. but living here now.. anyone that doesnt know HYPOXIA has no clue... its killer.. makes you feel old.. tired and gives you headaches.. idk honestly how the players do it...

i travelled from LA to CO... the same day the lakers did.. showed up to the game.. and i was tired... most exercise i did was nachos to mouth
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby jOeyB7000 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 am

We actually got some calls last night.

No scrub went off for a career game.

Pau Gasolitzki.

Kobe played less than 40mins.

Morris' D on Lilliard
jOeyB7000

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:57 am

Even with that loss to the Nuggets there's plenty to be optimistic about:

1. We've won 5 of the last 6 games and the 6th game was one that we could have won. The only reason we didn't was energy which could be easily explained by the back-to-back up in Denver.

2. Steve Nash has looked fantastic and he's made our offense so much better, despite some people thinking he wouldn't make any difference at all.

3. This team is showing progress. We're getting there. They're not perfect yet, but they'll get there if they can just get/stay healthy.

4. Kobe's streak of 30 point games might be over, but his streak of efficiency might just be back. I get the feeling we're going to see more efficiency and more all-around excellence from Kobe as time moves forward here.

5. Jordan Hill is back in the rotation and that's always a good thing.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

we cracked the 8th seed. aw yiss.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:17 am

The positive thing about this game: the starters didn't play heavy minutes, we bounced back from an ugly loss in Denver,and Dwight & Pau were active. Additionally, the team has three days off before Tuesday's game against the 76ers so they should be well-rested.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 am

good officiating game
Ariza3

Postby Phil XI on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am

I'm optimistic. In the prediction thread prior to the opener I said 18-12 through December. Lakers are only 3 wins off of that with no Nash for almost all of it. They'll get it together and click on all cylinders once they have a dozen or so games with Nashty at the helm.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby dj vitus on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:29 pm

JGC wrote:
JGC wrote:The Knicks game, I thought, was our best controlled game of the season. We played good defense, executed well on offense, Kobe didn't go hero ball, everything to me, felt like it occurred within the context of an offense.

I know we had other games where everything was clicking, but, any team can go through a game or two like that and for me, I'm looking for something sustainable, repeatable, and for the first time, I feel like I saw that against the Knicks.

To me, that game felt more like the step in the right direction we've been waiting for than any other this season.

Disregard my statement.

Want to disregard that last one? :man1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm optimistic that we'll show up against the good teams even if we do lose to the bad/mediocre ones.

Beat Clippers
Revenge against Denver
Then beat either Houston or SA

And we'll be back on track. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Well done sir. I'm certainly optimistic about the eventual future. The near future? Not as much :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 pm

It's sunny today in Southern CA.
borri

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 pm

NBA trade deadline 50 days away

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:18 pm

The Rock wrote:NBA trade deadline 50 days away

That's a good thing? :man10: To me that just gives our team plenty more time to rack up losses before management decides to change things up.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:22 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
The Rock wrote:NBA trade deadline 50 days away

That's a good thing? :man10: To me that just gives our team plenty more time to rack up losses before management decides to change things up.

But what are they really going to change? Looking at raw talent from a player personnel standpoint, there is not a lot of options for improvement. We have the players to be a successful team. Other have done much more with much less.

IMHO, the issue is coaching. But again the D'Antoni hiring reeks of Jim Buss so we wont be seeing any moves there any time soon.

So... :man6:
phoenixrisingla

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Gasol has to be traded if we want a chance at anything. Even if we start clicking the team at best is what the 5 seed? If this about championships this team won't bring it in, even at it's best.
JLaker17

Postby Thenextgreat on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm very optimistic and all but I hope our first round picks are lottery protected... :man10:
Thenextgreat

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:48 pm

JLaker17 wrote:Gasol has to be traded if we want a chance at anything. Even if we start clicking the team at best is what the 5 seed? If this about championships this team won't bring it in, even at it's best.

This season is probably lost anyways. We can get much more by trading Pau next year, right?
kenzo

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 pm

I still believe we will make the playoffs and do some damage in the playoffs. This team is not done. My foolish pride may be making me think these things but as long as we have Kobe that is enough for me to believe in this team to turn it around.
DanielBeltz24

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:17 pm

DanielBeltz24 wrote:I still believe we will make the playoffs and do some damage in the playoffs. This team is not done. My foolish pride may be making me think these things but as long as we have Kobe that is enough for me to believe in this team to turn it around.

I stopped believing in the "magic switch" some time ago. Right now we have nothing to "flip" :freak2:
kenzo

Postby borri on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 pm

kenzo wrote:
DanielBeltz24 wrote:I still believe we will make the playoffs and do some damage in the playoffs. This team is not done. My foolish pride may be making me think these things but as long as we have Kobe that is enough for me to believe in this team to turn it around.

I stopped believing in the "magic switch" some time ago. Right now we have nothing to "flip" :freak2:

Our light switch is the fire on the mountain signal method in Lord of the Rings.
borri

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion