The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:There's nothing to be optimistic about. We're done.

Convince Nash/Kobe to retire, trade Gasoft, let Dwight walk, and rebuild.

Dude get out of the Optimistic Thread.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Here's to the Nash & Sacre 2 man game and Sacre's beastly rolls to the basket.

Here's to Jamison playing.

Here's to Earl Clark drilling more free thows a la "Sasha in Game 7 2010 NBA Finals"

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Chillbongo

Postby Juronimo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm

V1n5anity wrote:
Juronimo wrote:Well, Jamison will finally get some playing time.

This is the optimistic thread dude!

Hey, I tried...

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:17 pm

V1n5anity wrote:

Can we convince YOU to retire? Can we trade you? Can we let you walk?

Anything to get you off this board please.

2nd this sentiment, go back and cheer on your Cowgirls, they're be relevant again someday :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Dude get out of the Optimistic Thread.

I don't even know what post you're referring to. Did you make that one up? You shouldn't tease posters like that...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Jamison played an extra minute! Next game he will get 5 minutes for sure, one baby step at a time... Oh, and Morris not playing that is always a plus...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 pm

okc just lost to the wizards. they have the day off then play the timberwolves. then a day off then us. might be a little tired and they'll be on the road so maybe if the lakers face the adversary head on and win against houston and somehow the spurs they could have enough to beat the thunder.

highly doubtful but if the wizards can beat them then there is always hope
Ariza3

Postby abeer3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:53 pm

i forgot to post this, but at least faried was outrebounded by dwight 26-6. he wanted the rebounds, but dwight was getting them all.
abeer3

Postby ojdidit123 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm

abeer3 wrote:i forgot to post this, but at least faried was outrebounded by dwight 26-6. he wanted the rebounds, but dwight was getting them all.

Well guess what we lost so it might as well have been 26-6 the other way around because the stats mean little if you can only zone in for a game rather than virtually every game this season like Kobe but thats another story.

My optimism comes from the hope that when the train wreck that is this season is finally over you people who have spent the past 3 years clinging to the past thinking we could get the job done when we clearly didn't and can't and anyone that said otherwise was always put down called a hater or not a real "fan" My hope is you all take a couple shots of humility and accept that you all were all WRONG!!! You deserve to have it thrown in your faces time and time again that you were WRONG untill you all realize the error of your ways and get a grasp on the fact that we were old we were slow and the game has changed! The small ball era is alive and well so time to get young and get shooters or get left behind.

My other optimism is that management will accept the error of their ways and never make a darn near franchise ruining decision like hiring a basketball abomination like never won a big game Mike ever again. They deserve this too for how they just so disgustingly looked over Phil for a joke of a basketball mind and as a man in Dantoni. I hate that I have to root for the negative but if it puts the delusional crew out there back in check its well worth it. You know the only thing better than knowing you were right? Knowing most others were wrong and you were right. Sucks to watch but I knew the minute we hired Mike that we were finished and deep down inside the team did too because all the guy ever does in the end is lose....
ojdidit123

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 am

The Rock wrote:Ticket prices are gonna go down maybe I should attend some games :man1:

I attended quite a few games last season including a couple of playoff games & didn't have a problem dropping money on the Lakers. This season I have not gone to a single game, feels like it will be a waste of $$$ now, & maybe won't even have a chance to look at tickets for the playoffs :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 am

ojdidit123 wrote:
abeer3 wrote:i forgot to post this, but at least faried was outrebounded by dwight 26-6. he wanted the rebounds, but dwight was getting them all.

Well guess what we lost so it might as well have been 26-6 the other way around because the stats mean little if you can only zone in for a game rather than virtually every game this season like Kobe but thats another story.

My optimism comes from the hope that when the train wreck that is this season is finally over you people who have spent the past 3 years clinging to the past thinking we could get the job done when we clearly didn't and can't and anyone that said otherwise was always put down called a hater or not a real "fan" My hope is you all take a couple shots of humility and accept that you all were all WRONG!!! You deserve to have it thrown in your faces time and time again that you were WRONG untill you all realize the error of your ways and get a grasp on the fact that we were old we were slow and the game has changed! The small ball era is alive and well so time to get young and get shooters or get left behind.

My other optimism is that management will accept the error of their ways and never make a darn near franchise ruining decision like hiring a basketball abomination like never won a big game Mike ever again. They deserve this too for how they just so disgustingly looked over Phil for a joke of a basketball mind and as a man in Dantoni. I hate that I have to root for the negative but if it puts the delusional crew out there back in check its well worth it. You know the only thing better than knowing you were right? Knowing most others were wrong and you were right. Sucks to watch but I knew the minute we hired Mike that we were finished and deep down inside the team did too because all the guy ever does in the end is lose....

Wrong f***ing thread.

Sorry there were fans in the world that had FAITH IN THE TEAM. Sorry that upset you.

Now take your problems to the WMC thread. Any other post following the same whining pattern will be deleted.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:03 am

A team playing with a " nothing to lose" mentality may surprise us ...
wcsoldier81

Postby borri on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 am

I am really looking forward to the HOU game and that lineup we are throwing out there. It'll fun to watch at the very least.
borri

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 am

^Agreed. Don't really have expectations tonight; just going to see how it plays out tonight and go from there. Addtionally, it's also a chance to evaluate the roster and see what we have or lack thereof; somebody may surprise us just like Jordan Hill did last year...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Kobe goes for 60 tonight...we win by 1...losing streak snapped :jam2:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm

One game at a time. The only way to take it right now. Might be better that way anyhow.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Lakerjones wrote:One game at a time. The only way to take it right now. Might be better that way anyhow.

they gotta take it one quarter at a time, LJ...so many times we've lost games because of one bad quarter
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Nash has his best game of the season getting everyone involved..Kobe with 35 on 13/21 shooting..Jamison 18/11...Sacre 8/13/3 blocks..Meeks 21 on 6/9 from 3pt...

i can only wish.
thisbjgz

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:One game at a time. The only way to take it right now. Might be better that way anyhow.

they gotta take it one quarter at a time, LJ...so many times we've lost games because of one bad quarter

Truth....I'll take it a step further. One possession at a time. Defense specifically.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 pm

1.) Trade Pau + scraps for an athletic wing defender/shooter and stretch 4

2.) Sign Delonte

3.) Build some chemistry

4.) Sneak into the playoffs as the 6-8 seed

5.) Shock the world
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

Truth....I'll take it a step further. One possession at a time. Defense specifically.

I'll go even further than that.

One dribble at a time.
JGC

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 pm

At least we will get to see Pau work in the post fully with Dwight out

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:1.) Trade Pau + scraps for an athletic wing defender/shooter and stretch 4

2.) Sign Delonte

3.) Build some chemistry

4.) Sneak into the playoffs as the 6-8 seed

5.) Shock the world

me like this.
thisbjgz

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Actually, I'll add one more optimistic thing I saw in tonight's game. And forgive me if this has happened before but I just don't recall it.

I REALLY liked seeing Nash huddle the team together when you could tell momentum was switching. He got all the guys together, Kobe got in there, and he was leading/inspiring/whatever.

Remember the last guard to do that? Derek Fisher. We need that kind of thing. Kobe never huddles the guys up and that sort of thing. I really liked seeing that.
JGC

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm

i saw some good defensive rotations in the first half, which marks the first time this year. so that's good! it means it's possible!
abeer3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion