The Payton Factor part 1

The Payton Factor part 1

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:26 pm

We all want GP, and I think we'll get him. Payton is a great player, he wants a ring, however, I think Payton wants more than the MLE. If he decides to go to the Blazers in a sign and trade, he'll get double the money LA can offer him. If he goes to the Heat, he'll get almost double we can pay him.
Karl Malone has said if Payton doesn't come he'd split the MLE to get another player. I think we'll get Payton, but if we don't we still have the best shot at winning the prize next year.
The Payton factor is like the TV show "For love or money" will payton's love for a championship be enough to get him here, or will he choose the money? ....stay tuned for part 2, the results it will air on July 16th 2003.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:34 pm

I just listened to EXTRA SPORTS 1150 and MICHAEL THOMPSON said he heard PAYTON is leaning towards a sign and trade deal. The trade was propose by PORTLAND. They are offering JEFF McGinnis and SABONIS if I heard correctly. I hope its not true... PAYTON is suppose to announce his decision today or tomorrow... lets hope he comes here.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:35 pm

Awww man... this isn't good :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:14 pm

The thing I heard with the sign-and-trade deal with Portland was only a possibility. Nothing is a sure thing yet. And from what Payton's agent has been saying, it sounds as though GP is leaning toward the Lakers. We all know the only reason Payton would want to go to the Blazers is for the money... it's not like they can ever win anything with their team in such disarray. Although, now that Stoudamire has been suspended they might need GP in there. Guess we have to wait to find out.
Lakerqueen

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:28 pm

YES YES YES!!

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1157

Now just post any related GP comments here... thanx!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion