On to the Semis!!!

On to the Semis!!!

Postby Lakerqueen on Thu May 01, 2003 10:26 pm

Well, all Garnett's comments got him were an early exit - again! Next series is going to be tougher - the Lakers need to play better against the Spurs than they did in the regular season... I think they can do it, but they'll have to work hard. Go LAKERS!!!!!
Lakerqueen

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 01, 2003 10:56 pm

Well, Like I said before, there are no weak sisters in the west, and San Antonio is def. not one of them. It's going to be tough, hard, and nerv-wrecking, but god, whatever happens, Im behind our Lakers 100% forever...

Now to the 2nd round... The Los Angeles Lakers & L.D.2K
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu May 01, 2003 10:57 pm

I know that the Spurs are better than the Wolves talent and experience wise, but we have to give credit where credit is due. The Wolves were great in this series. They were making clutch shots and could have easily won Game 4 and taken a 3-1 to Minn. My blood pressure was so high in this series, because it seems like from Game 2,3,4, that they could't miss a shot. Hudson was great and Garnett was great. I truly believe if they played the Spurs or the Queens, they would have won those series. I truly believe with the level of play they demonstrated in Games 2,3, and 4, that they could have competed and beat the Spurs, Queens, and Dallas. The Wolves played their heart out, and this series was good for the Lakers in term of preparation. I'm glad we played the Wolves, because it will just prepare us for the tough challenge ahead.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 01, 2003 11:18 pm

Great game!! My only concern is we need to do a better job holding the basketball. We had a few turnovers that led to easy baskets by the Wolves, and we can't afford to do the same against the Spurs. Round 2 here we come!!!

4 down, 12 to go!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 01, 2003 11:41 pm

I think with Rick on the sidelines, it's puttin up better numbers for the lakers. Even though Rick's injury was tough to get by, Devean is havin tons of support from Fox. But now we gotta face the Spurs in the next round on Monday.. Even though they beat us all 4 times in the season, the playoffs are a different story... See ya at the SBC Center....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Thu May 01, 2003 11:42 pm

shaq himself said that the playoffs are different than the regular season. if the lakers can keep this up they should be set for QUAT-ROW!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Fri May 02, 2003 5:20 am

The Spurs swept all four regular-season matchups with the Lakers this season and Bryant said earlier that maybe Los Angeles would return the favor with a sweep in the playoffs.

"I think Kobe said something about that, that we could sweep them," Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson said. "That's what Kobe said. That is a possibility."

TALK BOUT CONFIDENCE!
GO 4 DAH POSSIBILITY LAKERS!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Fri May 02, 2003 9:54 am

I remember 2 years ago, we were about to go against the twin towers of San Antonio. Everyone was worried, predicting a tough 7 game series. What happened? The Lakers swept them. :man4: Will that happen again this year? I doubt it, but then again, who predicted the sweep then?? :man13:
Slayer Alstarx

Postby MONIE32373 on Fri May 02, 2003 10:27 am

I'm glad this series is over so the Lakers can get a little rest before S A. Devean had a good game last night , glad to see that. Mad Shaq didn't get that triple double though, that would have been Sweet. :jam2: S A will try and be tough, but if we play like we did the last 2 games, we'll win the series. If Shaq gets off early like the ;ast 2 games everything will be cool.
MONIE32373

Postby Reddy on Fri May 02, 2003 1:10 pm

MONIE32373 wrote:I'm glad this series is over so the Lakers can get a little rest before S A. Devean had a good game last night , glad to see that. Mad Shaq didn't get that triple double though, that would have been Sweet. :jam2: S A will try and be tough, but if we play like we did the last 2 games, we'll win the series. If Shaq gets off early like the ;ast 2 games everything will be cool.

The last 2 games was CHAMPIONSHIP LAKER BASKETBALL 4 DAH WHOLE 48.

WE PLAY LIKE TAHT, NO ONE CAN STOP US
but one thing
we gota be careful of
we get a lead we have to keep it
spurs are too good a team to allow htem to chip away.........
like the suns game
on a 3 by marion suns lead by 11
then spurs stormed back to win........
we have to keep hititng if we get a lead
and run the offense through shaq
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to Lakers Discussion