The TOTALLY Realistic All Snakell Team!

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 5:27 pm

SNAKELL.. I like that idea of yours for trading with the HAWKS. Ratliff, Terry are good. We can even have Ratliff play some Powerforward spots.
Any chance you think we can pry, Shareef Abul Rahim, from their hands?
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 1:02 am

We'd have to part with Devean or Rick and our draft picks, but it is a possibility, what do you think of The Big Dog?
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed May 28, 2003 1:38 am

the BIG DOG is a fantastic scoring machine... he could definitely hit that open shot. He could become a GLEN RICE type of player for us. He really lacks defense though...you know what that means with coach PHIL... no PT(playing time). But hey, Glen Rice LACKED defense. I would prefer SHAREEF "the future" Abul Rahim over BIG DOG. He's a bigger player and has a nice post-up or back to the basket game. At 6'9" he plays like a small forward/quick leaper. The wrap on him is his lack of defense also.... I guess it'd be a toss up.
DAYAM.... I wouldn't want to lose FOX or GEORGE.... thats a tough choice
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 2:23 am

That is precisely why I want GR, because he is small enough to play as a tall SG...
Snakell Beast

Postby self made on Wed May 28, 2003 4:55 pm

no way do the lakers trade for someone like big dogg. more like big dogg with no bark. i'd rather trade up our picks and hope to get a talented big man or a athletic sf, maybe even an established pg like hinrich, ridbour, maybe even someone like barbosa. oh yeah by the way anyone know anything about this guy anderson varejao, i heard he is a decent defensive player who can block and alter shots like garnett. if thats true what are the chances of us landin someone like him in the draft, if we dont trade the picks to move up?
self made

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 10:07 pm

Well, I don't really want Big Dog either, I was just saying if I HAD TO choose between Sharif and Glen, it would be glen because both can't play defense and so I go with the more versatile player in that instance...
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 10:08 pm

good to see shaq in there.
whew
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 7:33 pm

Of course Shaq is in there, but not because I think we should keep him, because I know there is not a chance on god's green earth that Buss or Kupchak would unload the big fella...

(I do love what Shaq has done for us, but I think we need to move on if he doesn't show a marked improvement during the offseason)
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 8:27 pm

Trust me Snakell, Shaq will bust his butt in the off-season and trim down to a slim 315.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Subject:

Postby JSM on Thu May 29, 2003 10:36 pm

I absolutely agree, I expect to see Shaq trim down this off season, to around the weight he was during their first championship run. And regain his title as the MDPE.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby whats golden on Fri May 30, 2003 12:56 am

After much thought this appears to be the most easily attainable line up for next year;

STARTERS

Image Image Image Image Image

BENCH

Image Image Image Image Image

theo and slava could both play either PF or C

WHO'S LEFT

Image Image

DRAFT PICKS

#24 Image #32 Image

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby whats golden on Fri May 30, 2003 1:02 am

To finish off my previous post....

Here's how;

1. Sign Jermaine O'Neal with our MLE. This will of course depend on whether he wants a ring (or possibly a handful) or a big pay cheque. If he chooses the latter, I'd try to sign Juwan Howard. The question for Jermaine is does he want to be in a team where the focus is always on him to do the bulk of the scoring or does he want a situation where there is less pressure and he can win a ring?

2. Go for the trade that fell through. Trade Horry/Madsen/Rush to Atlanta for Terry/Ratliff.

3. Sign Pippen with our LLE. He is a proven veteran who knows the triangle and can help the development of George.

4. Sign Piatkowski to the veteran minimum. He will give us vauable minute of the bench backing up Kobe, plus the man can shoot the three.

5. As I'm from Australia I don't know to much about the players coming up in the draft, but I have looked the NBADraft.net and I think that Jerome Beasley and Ndudi Ebi would be great pick ups for us at #24 and #32 respectively. With the line up that we have these two will have ample time to work on their skills. I think Beasley will eventually be a great back up for O'Neal and Ebi has the potential to start at SF rather than PF where he has played most of the time.

Now that I have laid it all out, what do you think? What are the chances of us getting this line up? Can anybody help me with some other draft ideas?

Mitch and Jerry if you can make this happen sins of the 02/03 season will be forgiven,
:bow:
but if you don't you need to check your head.
:man7:

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri May 30, 2003 2:46 am

I think no matter how much Jermaine Oneal wants a ring, he would be crazy to turn down 10 million plus with San Antonio will be offering him. He is the same age as KOBE and Jermaine definitely deserves the max at his position. San Antonio might be the defending champs comes next year so he would be signing with a definite contender along with the LAKERS. Mitch won't try so we will probably kiss his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] good bye and sign somebody else.
As far as Ndudi Ebi is concern, it states that he has a bum knee. I don't know if he had surgery on it or what. His knee will probably keep other teams from taking a chance to draft him. The Lakers shouldn't risk it also. We need someone who is a thoroughBred to run with KOBE. We need some up tempo game... back in the LAKE SHOW DAYS with VAN EXEL and KOBE/JONES on the wing. We don't have those type of players anymore which forces us to play slow down offense. Don't get me wrong we should RUN the TRIANGLE FIRST but when we stop teams: we should be able to run which puts pressure on their defense. I really don't know who to pick in the draft. My choice was TRAVIS OUTLAW... but his stock seems to be falling...LOL... everyone seems pretty much even... its a weak draft in terms of POTENTIAL SUPER STARS... but the TALENT level is very competitive. After the first 3 picks.. everyone seems to be playing field.

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:44 am

Snakell Beast wrote:Of course Shaq is in there, but not because I think we should keep him, because I know there is not a chance on god's green earth that Buss or Kupchak would unload the big fella...

(I do love what Shaq has done for us, but I think we need to move on if he doesn't show a marked improvement during the offseason)

well buss and kupchak actually respect the 3 times finals mvp THERES A REASON THEY ARE KEEPING HIM
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:45 am

Danny Ainge wrote:Trust me Snakell, Shaq will bust his butt in the off-season and trim down to a slim 315.

Thank you! I agree!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Re: Subject:

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:46 am

jsm0331 wrote:I absolutely agree, I expect to see Shaq trim down this off season, to around the weight he was during their first championship run. And regain his title as the MDPE.

Yeah!
regain his title as MDPE! THAT'LL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!
Kobe called him and they promised to be in shape next season to CHASE DAH NEXT RING!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 30, 2003 8:16 pm

I respect what Shaq HAS DONE in the past and what he IS CAPABLE OF in the future, but if he arrives for camp in worse shape, the same shape or even only slightly better shape than he has been, Rings and MVPs aside, he is simply NOT WORTH the 40 mil a year he DEMANDED OUTRIGHT...

Plead your case to the opposite WITHOUT mentioning any PAST accomplishments (or any POSSIBLE sudden changes in his physical approach to the offseason) and you might change my mind...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 30, 2003 8:24 pm

With Shaq its a give and take relationship. If you respect him enough to make the correct decision in losing weight then he will abide by your trust to lose weight. Its the same with the Olympics, do you actually think Stu Jackson approached Shaq about being on the team? No, the answer is no. As a result Shaq makes rude comments about how he is too good for the team.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Snakell Beast's All Realistic Team

Postby obfxkg21 on Sat May 31, 2003 4:41 pm

Snakell Beast

That is a might fine picks you got on david west and dahntay jones, including that squad with Terry. I hope this can happen, it looks really nice!
obfxkg21

Postby Dahntay Jones on Sat May 31, 2003 10:07 pm

Even i know i suck, what are you guys thinking???
Dahntay Jones

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 31, 2003 10:12 pm

Thank you, obfxkg21! It is nice to hear a guest atleast talk intelligently. I may be acting biased because you liked my scenario (it wouldn't be the firt or last time) but I like to see guests use their brains instead of their knowledge of four letter unmentionables...(ones with which we are all familiar)
Snakell Beast

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion