the voice of STAPLES Center.... sucks!!!!

the voice of STAPLES Center.... sucks!!!!

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:27 am

Is it just me or does the voice of STAPLES Announcer SUCKS!!!!
He so monotoned!!! I never hear him get excited even during the introduction to fire up the crowd!!! or even when KOBE or Shaq does a spectacular play the announcer sounds the same!!!
I remember during the Chicago Bulls Era with Jordan... that Announcer for that Arena was FIRED UP!!! I like the way he would scream out "NUMBER 23 FROM NORTH CAROLINA...."
Man I just wish that our STAPLES announcer would feel more enthusiastic about the game he is calling for the unfortunate people who do not have a radio during the live games!!
I think its the same guy from the GREAT WESTERN FORUM days!!!
we need a new voice for STAPLES.... to fire us up when we watch the LAKERS LIVE!!!!!

#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:37 am

YO!!! I feel ya about this!! It's cuz the announcer sounds all cool and calm and under control, u know?? Man, I know why he's soundin all cool and calm, but I'd rather have the energetic voice!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:47 am

I'm glad that you see my point....

#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:57 am

actually i really like his voice, so soothing :freak2:

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:46 am

make you want to fall asleep.... he needs more excitement to it
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakerTexan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:25 am

We won several titles with him didnt we? :jam2:
LakerTexan

Postby Reddy on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:24 am

LakerTexan wrote:We won several titles with him didnt we? :jam2:

HE HE
AIGHT THEN LEZ KEEP DA GUY
:bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby ITS JOEY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:21 pm

yeah he's kinda boring but its all good
ITS JOEY

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:30 pm

Lawrence Tanner is a Laker fixure.......Magic Stu and Lawrence are the link to Showtime era......the guys we could do without are Paul Sutherland and Alan (are you feeling fresh) Massengale
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

support for the voice of the lakers at STAPLES

Postby oochamps on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:28 pm

I couldn't dissagree with you more about Lawrence's voice sucking, or his lack of excitement sucking. We here in L.A. don't need to yell to be heard. It really comes down to class, and no disrespect intended, but if don't understand class it is probably because you are lacking it.

I've always liked the professional approach over the sellout-over hyped kiddies play that is plaguing much of the rest of the league. And when you talk about the excitement of more enthusiastic inhouse NBA arena anouncers, the fella that did it for the bulls was probably about the best that I can recall. In most other cases it just seems to come off as desperate and tasteless. Los Angeles is about Rythem and Blues, while much of the rest of the country is about high tones and tweeter fotter. L.A. is about soul, diversity and accomplishment. That simply cannot be said for the majority of the rest of the league, the country and all professional sports. And I'm glad that we don't fall under the majority in many ways, and this one is no exception.

If I had my way, they wouldn't be breaking up the Simalcast into seperate radio and television shows, the starting lineups wouldn't ever be cut out for commercial time by these insensative corporations that cover the games and know little if anything about the game, and there would never be fireworks and laser shows before the games at all, and the lights would never even go out. That's how it used to be, and yesterday was definitely better in these and many ways. Go Lake Show!
oochamps

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:10 pm

I love his voice you guys. Maybe because when someone hits a three pointer and he yells, "THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE BALLLLLLLLL" It sounds hella tight to me...

But that's me.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:23 am

i gotta say tho, kinda going on that chicago tangent... i love the guy (Ray Clay ?? forgot his name) that did "AND NOW... Your Chicago Bulls....... at gaurd, from Charlotte North Carolina, number 23, MICHAEL JORDAN!!"

it was excitement no doubt
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby L.A. Dynasty on Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:05 am

Lawrence Tanter has been with the Lakers for quite some time. I can still hear his voice booming "Woooorthy", when Big Game used to make critical buckets for us. Hearing lines like "too many steps" is just classic. I can understand about the exitement in Ray Clay, but the Lakers just wouldn't be the Lakers IMO without Mr. Tanter at the mic.
"What matters is the name on the front of your jersey."
- Kobe Bryant (Start listening to your own quotes you big baby!)
L.A. Dynasty

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:20 pm

definately... some things are just trademark.... like i hope the lakers never change their logo
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Voice

Postby Go4It on Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:54 pm

This isn't the Bulls. I don't some idiot yelling like a jackass at a laker game...and whats wrong with paul saunderland?
Go4It

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:58 pm

This isn't the Bulls. I don't some idiot yelling like a jackass at a laker game...and whats wrong with paul saunderland?

Were not talking about the brodcaster announcers. Were talking about the Public Announcer for Staples Center.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:59 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

Were not talking about the brodcaster announcers. Were talking about the Public Announcer for Staples Center.

:S:S:S I guess he didn't know what we meant by this! :man3: :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:29 pm

haha, yeah i think he needs to have more energy, but i'm sure this year will provide that.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Return to Lakers Discussion