The White Flag Thread

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** The White Flag Thread

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

THIS IS ALL SHANNON BROWN'S FAULT. shannon how could you....we let you dunk bro..............
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:THIS IS ALL SHANNON BROWN'S FAULT. shannon how could you....we let you dunk bro..............

nice avi lol

stupid shannon and his stupid big hands
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby noobiew on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 pm

From last year top 3 team to this year bottom of the western conference standing, I am done for this team.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Nashty Gal wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:THIS IS ALL SHANNON BROWN'S FAULT. shannon how could you....we let you dunk bro..............

nice avi lol

stupid shannon and his stupid big hands

thanks, hey our colors complement...too bad our avatars have more chemistry than this team.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:01 pm

not willing to do it just yet. I still think it is possible.
The Laker Link

Postby NeeJee on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm willing to put it up if either/or all of these things happen:

1. Dwight's shoulder becomes a chronic injury that forces him to sit games out. If the Lakers don't have him, we...will...lose...a lot. Without his mere presence in the middle, our defense would give up over 110 points a game on the regular. We would be relying on Kobe's scoring and outside shooting to win games. It would be disastrous.

2. Pau stays on this team for the rest of the season. His deficiencies greatly outweigh his contributions. Any trade at this point would help. The only criteria is that we must get youth, shooting, and speed in return. The best part of Pau's situation right now is that he's going to be an ENORMOUS expiring contract pretty soon. Especially with the new tax penalties coming up in a couple years, his contract would be a huge relief for other teams in a financial crunch.
NeeJee

Postby LooN3y on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 pm

The Laker Link wrote:not willing to do it just yet. I still think it is possible.

after how many times of telling your self that this season?

it feels like i did for a lifetime.

i saw it in the preseason, we couldnt win one game, i knew that was a big, big sign. we couldnt even win a preseason game.

losing some preseason games was fine, but not able to win 1? and i was pretty damn right, it was a tanked season all year long, even with everyone back in the line up.

any other team would kill to have this much talent.

but i do blame it on the coaching hires as well. none of them can handle all these egos.

you think howard would be complaining if PJ went to pau in the post first and have howard run pick and rolls and dive to the basket?? u think pau would of complained if PJ started him but yet limited his minutes to keep his legs fresh and to take him out when hes a defensive liablity when theres an athletic stretch 4 that can hit 3's? do you think kobe will tell PJ "no" when he tells him to come to the bench?

do you think PJ would've had to hire all these offensive coordinators and try running a system offense because he isnt a qualified NBA coach? do you think he would of forced a run and gun system in a team that has 5 players that work well off the post?

its all ifs and buts, but this team is done.

i really hope TWC and other investors/business partners really push jim buss out of this organization as an employee.

i lmfao at anyone defending jim buss. if it were up to jim buss we wouldnt even have dwight right now. cant believe people were giving jim buss any minuscule credit for mitch's work.

if i were mitch id leave this sinking ship, because all that hard work and now its gone to waste.

i bet there was some sort of deal with mitch like "if we trade bynum away, im hiring the coach and you ahve to back me fully"

no way if mitch was running this we get dantoni, heck not even brown.
LooN3y

Postby easyguy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 am

The Laker Link wrote:not willing to do it just yet. I still think it is possible.

Possible for what?

Early first round exit if we even make the playoff? I rather them miss the playoff and stop being delusional. This team need major changes.
easyguy

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:19 am

easyguy wrote:

Possible for what?

Early first round exit if we even make the playoff? I rather them miss the playoff and stop being delusional. This team need major changes.

You'd rather risk Dwight being upset over missing the playoffs and leaving than work for the best we can and maybe please Dwight enough to stay?

I think it is possible to make the playoffs, after that, I'll live with whatever. Sounds like most people would be scared of us in the first round anyways, crap.....D'Antoni and Nash must remember going to 7 games against Kobe and scrubs, so that must make people a little nervous.

Plus, whether we make the playoffs or not, we don't keep our first roudn pick, so I'd rather make whoever gets our pick, a crappy pick so then we didn't set someone else up with a future while screwing ourselves.

Also they are playing really well right now, so I think we will be ok.
The Laker Link

Re: The White Flag Thread

Postby jjin28 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 am

We are 4-1 the last 5 games. Additionally, if we make the playoffs as the eight seed, then that means we basically ended up the season hella strong. Like 30-10 type of record. WE would probably have a top 3 record since Mid january.

That means, if we make the playoffs, we are a top notch team that nobody will want to face.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 am

easyguy wrote:

Possible for what?

the team does indeed have many flaws...flaws that would make your views reasonable...however, as bad as it has been this season (and trust me, its been brutal), there have been stretches where this team has shown real good play...if that can be harnessed and fine tuned for a 7 game playoff series, i would still give the team a shot to make sure real noise in the post season
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Nikez on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:55 pm

We don't need "major changes". This team as constructed will compete for a championship next season, they might go deep this year but I feel it is too little too late. Even if we get in were gonna have to face some really tough opponents opening any series we play in on the road. Next year though, I see us beasting it again.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby hustle71 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 pm

White flag?? The Lakers don't have a white flag. No matter how games go we stay strong. If they get eliminated then we start using the games to build chemistry for next season. I've never seen it but if there is a white flag use it for toilet paper and flush it.
hustle71

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 pm

^ Truth. We have championship flags.

We hung them out of our cars from 2000-2002. :jam2:
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Chillbongo

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 pm

I don't know that the team has waved the white flag, but I think Howard waved it himself tonight.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Why quit, not like we have a 1st round draft pick anyway.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm

I think if they can get back to .500 or 1-2 games within .500 by all-star brake then I wouldn't give up just yet. Anything more than 3 game under then I think we're pretty much done.
khmrP

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:30 pm

If we lose this game tonight, then I'm white flagging this season. I'm deleting all my apps and just quitting, which pains me horribly to say and think, and letting fate really tell me what happens. If we miss the playoffs though, I'm not bothering with them. Don't care who wins and all that.

Guess we wait and see.
The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:30 pm

The Laker Link wrote:If we lose this game tonight, then I'm white flagging this season. I'm deleting all my apps and just quitting, which pains me horribly to say and think, and letting fate really tell me what happens. If we miss the playoffs though, I'm not bothering with them. Don't care who wins and all that.

Guess we wait and see.

I feel like a jerk for doubting.
The Laker Link

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion