THE WORST TYPE OF FAN!!!!!

THE WORST TYPE OF FAN!!!!!

Postby Lakers#1stunner on Wed May 07, 2003 6:51 am

Im sick of the fans that like to just rub everything in your face and think there right and your wrong.I hate the people that like a team becuase someone on there is cute.Fans just need to balence things out,they need to stop being so bias.You have to give credit to other teams when they just play better,dont just go and blame it on the refs becuase you lost that game.The reason why a team looses a game is becuase of themselves just gitten out played.The refs are not payed of or being bias toward a team,they are there just do there jobs.And if there is a bad call its human error not just becuase there for the other team.I hate the fans that are just sore loosers and just cant admit there problems in that game and just freak out and whine.Thats the worst type of fan.
Lakers#1stunner

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 8:44 am

Actually, if you are REFerring to the spurs lakers game 1, you lose the principle of your argument. Here are some simple facts:

1. The Lakers are unpopular champions. The media, the "other" fans and the experts all hate the Lakers and would like nothing more than to see them fall apart.

2. The refs are indeed different with the Lakers. Because of the Nick Van Exel incident and the lenient type of calls that the refs must give to opposing teams because of Shaq's size, the rest of the Lakers (on a consistent basis) are often not receiving fair or normal ref consideration because the team is viewed as a conglomerate of Shaq and his style of play.

3. Because of the contraversial nature of game 6 in last year's WCF, the Lakers are now viewed as a team that gets away with murder and that is BOUND to affect the way that the referees see and hear the game and the standards of treatment and behavior to which the Lakers (as opposed to the rest of the league) are held.
Snakell Beast

Postby MONIE32373 on Wed May 07, 2003 8:49 am

Actually, if you are REFerring to the spurs lakers game 1, you lose the principle of your argument. Here are some simple facts:

1. The Lakers are unpopular champions. The media, the "other" fans and the experts all hate the Lakers and would like nothing more than to see them fall apart.

2. The refs are indeed different with the Lakers. Because of the Nick Van Exel incident and the lenient type of calls that the refs must give to opposing teams because of Shaq's size, the rest of the Lakers (on a consistent basis) are often not receiving fair or normal ref consideration because the team is viewed as a conglomerate of Shaq and his style of play.

3. Because of the contraversial nature of game 6 in last year's WCF, the Lakers are now viewed as a team that gets away with murder and that is BOUND to affect the way that the referees see and hear the game and the standards of treatment and behavior to which the Lakers (as opposed to the rest of the league) are held.

DITO!!!!!!
LOVE AS IF TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY!
MONIE32373

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 8:53 am

Case in point...Shaq AND Kobe have both gotten technical fouls (look it up) for smiling. Not for anything that was said, and the smiles were not directed at players or refs either. Can you name another player in the league that can make tha claim.

PS - lakers should win anyway and they ALWAYS (as I do) stick to what they did wrong as the main reason for losing. We could have gotten more free throws if we moved more on offense and if we got about 10 fewer turnovers, so the refs only gave the spurs a slight advatange (if 23 free throws is slight) but I don't remember hearing any PLAYERS talk about the refs (except for Shaq's totally legit argument that players shouldn't try to deliberately take advantage of the refs poor judgement and then claim they did something good)
Snakell Beast

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed May 07, 2003 10:13 am

:bow: SB...well put! And for Lakers Stunner just have a nice cup of shut the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up!! You obviously do not read the threads posted here. I rarely see postings that blame the official for a loss. This case is no different, we have simply pointed out that the refs were not calling the game even. A foul is a foul no matter who commits it and who it is committed against!! :boxing1:
MIKEDOG

Postby Lakers#1stunner on Wed May 07, 2003 11:19 am

Mike Dog you can probly be an example of one of those fans,one that dont know what the hell they are talkin about.Its fans like you that poorly repesent this team.
Lakers#1stunner

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Wed May 07, 2003 11:28 am

Lakers#1stunner wrote:Mike Dog you can probly be an example of one of those fans,one that dont know what the hell they are talkin about.Its fans like you that poorly repesent this team.

And it's non fans like YOU that get slammed for coming in here talking nonsense. you don't know JACK about MikeDog or any other fan on this site. Even with the bogus calls by the officials, your MVP was outscored by the REAL MVP, and your team barely won, on another bogus call (Kobe wasn't out of bounds). Crow while you can, but be ready to eat crow when it's over.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby MONIE32373 on Wed May 07, 2003 11:34 am

Mike Dog you can probly be an example of one of those fans,one that dont know what the hell they are talkin about.Its fans like you that poorly repesent this team.

L1S, I REALLY THINK YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO READ "READ" THE THREADS IN THIS FORM. YEAH, WE ARE ALL TRUE DIE HARD LAKERS FANS, BUT WE DON'T WHINE AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR OUR TEAM. IF YOU WATCHED THE SAME GAME WE WATCHED WATCHED ON MONDAY, YOU HAVE TO AGREE THAT THOSE REFS WERE TRULY TRIPPING. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS THEY DIDN'T WANT THE LAKERS TO WIN, YEAH THE LAKERS COULD HAVE PLAYED A WHOLE LOT BETTER, BUT SAN ANTONIO DID NOT PLAY WELL ENOUGH TO BEAT THE CLIPPERS THAT NIGHT. I GUESS I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU ARE THE WORST TYPE OF FAN, NO LOYALTY, HANGING IN OTHER PEOPLES FORMS SIPPIN' ON HATER AIDE TALKING OF THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, WISHING YOU COULD BE ON A WINNING TEAM LIKE THAT LAKERS, BUT JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH HEART.
LOVE AS IF TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY!
MONIE32373

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed May 07, 2003 12:12 pm

Slayer thanx for getting my back. This guy is a complete idiot!! I am betting he is a cowtown fan who has removed his lips from Betsys(his pet cow) utters just long enough to spew this bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Please next time you post something here make sure you can back it up. Because at this point your comments have not meant jack!! :man8:
MIKEDOG

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 1:00 pm

hey
if you wana go to a team that whines bout calls without reason
GO TO the QUEENS
WRONG PLACE

we are champions
and incase you havent noticed
champions accept calls and move on
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers#1stunner on Wed May 07, 2003 1:04 pm

Slayer or what ever the hell your name is,i am a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] die hard la fan and Tim Duncan I agree did not and should not have been the mvp Kevin Garnet was the true mvp.kOBE WAS A GREAT PLAYER BUT NOT MVP.they would not even be in the playoff without shaq.Face the facts and dont tell bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!
Lakers#1stunner

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 1:06 pm

The Lakers lost by their own actions, but the Spurs can't say they won fair and square. I'd give the refs about 15 assists for the game. The sixth man award goes to...[insert head ref's name here]
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 1:06 pm

dont change the topic!
you were talking bout hte officiating!
:man1:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 1:12 pm

Hey, let's not insult L1S too much here, he is a Laker fan and doesn't deserve Kings fan treatment. I agree that we would not be in the playoffs without Shaq, but we would not even have won 50% of our games without Kobe this season. His february was the salvation of the lakers season. No one can claim otherwise and last I checked, Shaq didn't start dominating until about the last 15 games, so he didn't exactly carry us off into the sunset...but point conceded..

Welcome to a harsh yet knowledgable MB...Clublakers!
Snakell Beast

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Wed May 07, 2003 1:27 pm

Lakers#1stunner wrote:Slayer or what ever the hell your name is,i am a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] die hard la fan and Tim Duncan I agree did not and should not have been the mvp Kevin Garnet was the true mvp.kOBE WAS A GREAT PLAYER BUT NOT MVP.they would not even be in the playoff without shaq.Face the facts and dont tell bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!

What facts?? Kobe as the MVP is an OPINION. Duncan as the MVP is a fact, whether or not we agree or not. You're a Laker Fan?
Okay I re-read your post, and you're speaking of the fans that whine when the Lakers lose, no problem.
But to look at the game and say it was called evenly or even close to fairly is a bit out there buddy. I agree that the Lakers played like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] for most of that game, but so did the Spurs, and had the Spurs not been straight out bailed out by the officials, the Lakers still could have pulled it out.
I don't expect the scrubs to put the same kind of effort in game 2. In fact, as we true Lakers fans know, the key to PJ's ability to win series is his ability to adjust.
The MVP could have been KG, but IMHO it was Kobe.
Why Kobe?
1. Kobe sold more jerseys than any other player in the league.
2. Kobe broke more records than anyone in the league.
3. Kobe has improved his game more than any other player in the league.
4. Kobe is the only player to have "MVP" chants in the OPPONENT's arena.
5.While shq was out, even though the lakers lost, Kobe kept them in the game. It was not Kobe's fault that the rest of the team couldn't make shots. Besides, the team is DESIGNED around SHAQ, so him being the reason the Lakers are in the playoffs may be valid, but it does not take away from what Kobe has done.

Yeah I know, Garnet had more rebounds. He is supposed to , he's 7'1.
Garnet carried his team alone. Yeah right. He scored 90 points and the rest of the team scored ten right?
After game 1, real MVP-like comments. "They shot the bleep out of the ball!"
In fact it was KG's mouth :man2: that may have taken him out of the running more than anything, and it WAS his mouth that got the Lakers up to whuppin the crap outta his team.

And BTW I've been a Laker fan since 1967.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby 4Rings on Wed May 07, 2003 1:54 pm

I for one think Kobe is cute but he is not the reason I like the Lakers :freak2:
I have been a Lakers fan since I was a little girl. When they play well, I will praise them and when they do poorly as they did in Game 1 of this series, I will let it be known as well. Sacramento has fans that are STILL complaining about last year's Game 6 almost a year later. Of course, they will never mention the calls that were made in Game 5 when Shaquille, on his way to a 40/20 night was given six fouls, four of which were iffy at best. Or the last play before Bibby hit that shot. The ball bounced off of Webber's foot and Webber knew it too because he slumped his shoulders in defeat. So I don't want to hear this nonsense of what you saying, OP

Kobe gets butchered every time he goes to the hoop and yet there is no call. How can a team with Shaquille O'Neal on it get only 12 free throws? Explain that to me. It can't be explained. Every sportscaster is salivating at the thought that there might be a new champion this year. It's quite obvious none of these people like the Lakers. You can hear it in their voices when they talk about them. It's all [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. :disagree:
4Rings

Postby FirstLady on Wed May 07, 2003 2:40 pm

You're right, 4Rings. Not only is (almost) every sportscaster anticipating a "new" champion this year, but I believe the league as a whole (the commish, his board, and the officials) are looking forward to it as well. Why, because it equals dollars and cents for the league. All of them (and a lot of NBA fans, as well) want to see the "changing of the guard" and they want it at the Lakers expense. Think about it.......an "upset" would add much drama and intrigue to the whole play-off picture. It's all politics and nothing but BS if you ask me. Let the teams play and may the best team win!

By the way, Welcome to ClubLakers!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 2:43 pm

The referees have been NOTICEABLY worse this year in our games. If I were in the NBA and an all NBA defensive guard, I would LOVE the chance to guard Kobe Bryant. I would get away with almost anything i could think of and could even look like a Kobe Stopper!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 3:00 pm

Ha, for real huh Snakell?

Yea, Ive noticed that to, I mean, what would go through your mind as a ref? Your either with the Lakers or against them. Because I have yet to see a fair refee refing a game, don't get me wrong, Im not blaiming them, but I am [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about them, both ways are crap.

Take the Min. series for instance, there was nothing but crap calls on both sides, it's so stupid...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed May 07, 2003 3:17 pm

#1stunna, you obviously haven't been around many other die-hard laker fans, although you say you are one yourself. to be honest, i havent seen many laker fans complain about officiating as other teams do. even if you listen to shaq, kobe, phil and the rest, they never BLAME the officials for a loss.

There's a BIG difference between criticizing and blaming officiating in a lost game. notice that although it is rare, but whenever the lakers do criticize the refereeing, they never attribute their loss to Steve Javie, Dick Bavetta or whoever. the only time i have heard laker fans blaming referees for the loss is if there was a bad call or a no-call on the last play (and rightfully so-- all other teams do this as well). so you cant generalize and say that all laker fans do that silly [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

of course there will be a handfull that will, but the majority of the fans won't blame losses on the refs, unlike the queens and their fans seem to do. and as for your "beef" wit mikedog, well stunna ur new around here so you gotta earn ur respect around here. don't be talking like you've been here and u know how the fans are at CL.com. from what i've seen, mikedog keeps it real most of the time.

so we respect you as a laker fan, just take it easy cuz we all have different opinons and u can't just call the majority's thoughts "bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]." Why don't you just register? the think that pisses most fans at CL is that there are a bunch of idiots who just come and post nonsense as guests. i suggest u register, so you can separate yourself from that group. just a suggestion, im tryin to help u out cuz u seem to have started off on tha wrong foot. u don't know about what u ain't seen playa.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 3:31 pm

Yeah, register. We welcome and desire as many people to register as possible!
Snakell Beast

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed May 07, 2003 3:42 pm

Stunner#1 Kobe Giant is speaking the truth. As Laker fans we catch a lota heat cuz of the "Hollywood" image, the come late leave early [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that LA is notorious for. And it is assumed because of the success the team has had for the past few years that Laker fans are all bandwagoners. And that is the same [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] you pulled...questioning my dedication this team!!! Who the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] are you to be questioning me?
MIKEDOG

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 3:52 pm

Yeah, people assum we are bandwagoners...but they assumed that with Houston and Chicago fans in the 90's as well. There are a ton of people that fit that description..just not people on this MB!
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Wed May 07, 2003 4:05 pm

it's just another game of "hate the champ"
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 5:32 pm

Yeah, Cookies and Haterade all around!
Snakell Beast

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion