if they lose its a blessing in disguise

if they lose its a blessing in disguise

Postby lakerrings on Wed May 07, 2003 11:46 pm

lakers dont look good....lets be honest no fox chick no west no championship.....if the lakers lose this round i think it helps the future that much more cause management will have to add depth and if phill is still the coach believe me more veterens are on the way.......kobe is not playing well i watch the whole game 2 vs spurs and not once did kobe throw the ball to shaq......i say they are still a power struggle between them 2......your thoughts
lakerrings

Re: if they lose its a blessing in disguise

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 11:51 pm

lakerrings wrote:lakers dont look good....lets be honest no fox chick no west no championship.....if the lakers lose this round i think it helps the future that much more cause management will have to add depth and if phill is still the coach believe me more veterens are on the way.......kobe is not playing well i watch the whole game 2 vs spurs and not once did kobe throw the ball to shaq......i say they are still a power struggle between them 2......your thoughts

I dont think it's a power struggle between the two, cuz even kobe says that the team is built around Shaq. Kobe likes being the aggressor, and drawing the defense in, but then his teammates dont move so much. But whenever Kobe has the ball, Shaq is usually on the weak side, so I dont see how Kobe can possibly get the ball in to Shaq. But Losing the series isn't gonna happen. The Lakers are gonna start dominating and they are gonna get that determination back in their eyes!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Thu May 08, 2003 11:50 am

it might seem that way, but in truth, kobe and shaq are the ONLY offense we have right now! do you see any role players making shots? that's why they keep shooting. if fisher begins to be a consistent player, devean george gets healthy and kareem rush shows he's able to play, then quatrow is still alive...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu May 08, 2003 12:40 pm

Bryant Giant, I am sorry dog but your wrong! No way can a team with Rush, Fish and George as 3 of your starting five win [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...no matter who the other two players are. These guys would not be starting for anyother team in the West(maybe the Wolves) If these are the only offensive threats we have than fogetabout it!!
MIKEDOG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:52 pm

MIKEDOG wrote:Bryant Giant, I am sorry dog but your wrong! No way can a team with Rush, Fish and George as 3 of your starting five win [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...no matter who the other two players are. These guys would not be starting for anyother team in the West(maybe the Wolves) If these are the only offensive threats we have than fogetabout it!!

Nah that isn't right at all... Fish has his moments, and he isn't a quick guard. He's a great player and had his moments 2001... But to down Rush like that??? Come on!! He rarely gets enough PT, and he's just a rookie!! he has time to get it down together.. He's still a lil' nervious at times, but he can knock down shots when he's calm and relaxed out there... but thats what people said about Kobe back in 97, No one ever thought Kobe would be where he is now!! But hey, only time will tell.... And George is a great rebounder. He has a lotta heart and determination... Sure they aint the best at what they do, but hey they're our Lakers....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 09, 2003 5:31 pm

Agreed Lakergyrl. Yo M-Dog, you gotta have faith man otherwise you're no better that these crude skeptics or these anti-Lakers who think they know basketball but in reality are clueless. Look at the Pistons, they have a young man in Tayshaun Prince who has come out of nowhere to make contributions. Why can't we have the same with Rush and Pargo?
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 13, 2003 10:54 am

Phil is a great head coach and an amazing strategist...but sometimes I think he fails to properly use and develop young projects. Look at our young projects...Pargo, Rush and Slava. They all have very good talents for their position if they would only get USED to the NBA game via PT. If Amare Stoudamire played 3 minutes every 4 or 5 games, would he have been anywhere near as good as he is now?
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Tue May 13, 2003 5:29 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Phil is a great head coach and an amazing strategist...but sometimes I think he fails to properly use and develop young projects. Look at our young projects...Pargo, Rush and Slava. They all have very good talents for their position if they would only get USED to the NBA game via PT. If Amare Stoudamire played 3 minutes every 4 or 5 games, would he have been anywhere near as good as he is now?

hahahah why are you compairing apples to oranges!!! If pargo, rush and slava were as good as Stoudamire then would have gotten drafted higher. But anyways those guys are not as good as stoudamire!!!! They havent shown a lot of talent!!!

Postby zetaw00d on Tue May 13, 2003 5:30 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Phil is a great head coach and an amazing strategist...but sometimes I think he fails to properly use and develop young projects. Look at our young projects...Pargo, Rush and Slava. They all have very good talents for their position if they would only get USED to the NBA game via PT. If Amare Stoudamire played 3 minutes every 4 or 5 games, would he have been anywhere near as good as he is now?

hahahah why are you compairing apples to oranges!!! If pargo, rush and slava were as good as Stoudamire then would have gotten drafted higher. But anyways those guys are not as good as stoudamire!!!! They havent shown a lot of talent!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 14, 2003 4:21 pm

Though I could be wrong, I would have liked to have Qyntel Woods instead of Rush.
Danny Ainge

Postby ZenMaster on Thu May 15, 2003 6:11 am

I know hindsight is 20/20, but in the last draft, we originally had the no. 28 pick but traded it (along with Lindsey Hunter) to move up and get Rush at no. 20. Maybe I am wrong about Rush too, I know he's just a rookie; but I still think we should've just stayed put at no. 28, drafted PF/C Carlos Boozer (who was still available, and who could've helped us BIG-TIME while Shaq was out), traded Hunter for some other PG, signed Jimmy Jackson or Stephen Jackson as a backup swingman (both were unrestricted FA's at the time) and we would've been all set....
ZenMaster

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:38 am

All I need to say is for cheapbutt BUSS to open his wallet and go over the salary cap, in order to have better players. We need a deeper bench that can generate its own offense.

The Queens and the Mavs have spent the money and are well above the cap. I'm not asking for BUSS to go way over the cap........you know what I change my mind. He better spend a lot and take care of this team, because this same team has made him very rich the past 3 years. I know he is a great owner, but more should be done.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 12:31 am

We made a mistake with Kareem. We went for a big name and he has turned out to be a bust. Like Samaki he seems (projection) like he will go about his career showing ability in practice but not in games. He seems like a less talented Calbert Cheaney. College SFs have trouble adjusting to the pro game because they are typically the size of SGs when they upgrade from college to the pros and the problem is they don't have SG moves, they have SF stand and shoot tendencies and that is not what we need...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 18, 2003 8:22 pm

The Lakers were raving about Qyntel Woods last year before the draft. So as history went Toronto picked up RUSH, then Portland grabbed Woods just so the Lakers wouldn't get him. Then, the Lakers traded away the rookie they drafted at #28 and Lindsey Hunter for Rush.
Hmmm, I don't understand. If Mitch knew that they wanted WOODS why didn't he contact the Raptors ahead of time to tell them to DRAFT WOODS since they were in the works of making a deal anyways. I think (speculation) Mitch had responded too late and or didn't realize that Portland was going to steal their man. It was all over the radio 3 to 4 days prior to the draft that the Lakers were interested in Woods but I guess word got out and so Portland grabbed him. This time, which ever player the lakers pulls out of the hat: I hope are held to more secrecy until the name is announced during draft day. LOL Rush was listed at 6'7" and a prolific scorer in college...LOL He is more like 6'4 1/2" playing small forward which explains his lack of ball handling skills and was even out played by fellow rookie teammate Pargo... LOL .... what a joke
Mitch you have TWO picks... don't SCREW this one up... LOL
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 2:28 pm

Well, we aren't going to get anywhere with the #24 and #32 picks, they will sign and be cut. Then we will be right back where we started last year and we will be doomed!
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon May 19, 2003 4:59 pm

Agrred, lets take Rush and our 2 draft picks and send them to another team for a better pick or another better established player. I still would enjoy Making a sign and trade with Memphis and Stromile Swift. He's young energetic and heck Jerry West owes us one.
Danny Ainge

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 1:22 am

yea... that wouldn't be too risky.... SWIFT can't possibly be as bad as Walker... LOL West is a master in judging talent so if he is willing to part with Swift what does that say? who gets the short end of that stick?
heheheh
#1_Kobe_fan

Return to Lakers Discussion