I think i have the reason why this team is struggling....

Re: I think i have the reason why this team is struggling....

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Good points Swinger.... all are plausible.....

It doesn't explain the lack of effort and fundamentals on the defensive end however.... that's a mental thing that is tied to motivation more than anything else.....

they're not buying what potato head is selling...that's why we see a combination of half-as5 and confusion on the court
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm

players dont respect mike and for good reason as theyre 1-4. and it also doesnt help that mike brown's rotations scream that he doesnt know anything...jamison not being able to get involved and Meeks not getting a single minute of playing time add to that lack of respect.

im done with him. bring in anyone i dont care who. most assistant coaches are better than him...including our own.
Ariza3

Postby frankrj on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 am

The coach is not the whole problem. You just have to admit it. The personnel is the problem. For once. Jeezus christ.

The bench of the Clippers, OKC and San Antonio is better than the Lakers bench. The starting 5 sounds great but the only great is Kobe. I lived in SW Floria and saw Orlando games and Dwight was never as impressive as Bynum was to me. Howard gets into more foul trouble (silly fouls too), misses more FTs, and has a few offensive moves. Howard will always be in foul trouble b/c of slow Nash and slow Artest.
I thought Artest would be in shape like end of last season. He still appears slow.
Gasol is what is he is, erratic. Nash will never be better than Paul, Westbrook, Lawson in the playoffs.
During the season Nash is great with a run and gun offense.

Lakers need to change the offense to what works and not go all out on a new system. Let the new sets play into the offense. Kobe should demand better players instead of waiting for mgmt to sign somebody and then approve it. See what the Clippers got, Nuggets, & the Mavericks got OJ Mayo. We tend to get washed up players on the decline (Blake, Jamison, or keep unproven players) and think it is a Figueroa parade.

Lakers will probably be alright though. All those guys know the 2nd half is what counts. San Antonio does those pushes almost each year. And the Lakers focus better when they play road games in the playoffs. So, no worries if they get it together. Even if they do focus & get it right, the Clippers bench is awesome. I can honestly say in Kobe's later years, his team has not had better talent than Jordan's last 3-peat run.

Yeah, I know, STFU is what somebody will say but it is true. I knew what Howard was all the time. And I personally had a really bad herniated disc at beginning of 2012. Believe me you don't play the same as you did before. I almost went to Dwight's disc surgery clinic in Marina Del Rey for my back work but didn't have $50k to drop down. Luckily my physiotherapist got me back to 95%
frankrj

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 am

Defense, yes, of course, but we still seem to be suffering from the plague of poor perimeter shooting. Very difficult to get an inside game going and build any kind of confidence and momentum on both sides of the court when guys can't knock down shots. The beat goes on in that category with this team.

Nash should help with that. Meeks was brought in to help but has quickly been relegated to the end of the bench. A Ray Allen type sniper would have done wonders for this offense.
Alleyhoops

Postby frankrj on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:29 am

Well, they fired Coach Brown because Howard played badly, they shot poorly in a game, and were slow on defense. Maybe a new voice will inspire them. Kobe needs no inspiring he is always giving his best, although he is committing more turnovers.
That's a nice lump sum paycheck for Brown though. I hope Brian Shaw comes
frankrj

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion