this is a different team compare to a week ago

this is a different team compare to a week ago

Postby lalfan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

it seems once D'Antoni stepped onto the court, this team reverted back to the Mike Brown ways, meaning: no ball movements, Kobe hero mode, no effort on defense especially Pau and Kobe. Lakers squeak passed by the Nets luckily last night, and tonight the team was in full blown mike brown mode. this is not coincidences my friends, there got to be something behind it. what happen to the 6+ assist Kobe? what happen to the equal opportunity offense when the ball never stops moving? the biggest difference is team chemistry and camaraderie, it's almost night and day compare the team these couple nights with the team from the past couple weeks leading up to last night. anyone else feel that way? maybe this is a silent protest against the Buss' for not hiring Jackson? i hope it's not true, otherwise this Laker team will go down the same path as this year's Dodger team, big player acquisitions, big hype, but fell embarrassingly short comes playoff time.
lalfan

Re: this is a different team compare to a week ago

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 pm

i thought they looked good yesterday and it was surprisingly the solid defensive effort that won the game. plenty of camaraderie out there last night as well.

not sure what the deal was tonight. i'm ready to blame first back-to-back(since the opener) and thanksgiving.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm not gonna start blaming 'Antoni after 2 games, especially when we won 1 of them.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm not gonna start blaming 'Antoni after 2 games, especially when we won 1 of them.

Agreed, but Im not so sure its Pringles thats getting the blame here.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Sirron on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:
Weezy wrote:I'm not gonna start blaming 'Antoni after 2 games, especially when we won 1 of them.

Would like to see more consistent pace regardless. If we are going to score 110+, let's do it every game. This felt like a step backwards, but it was a back to back.

REALLY don't like the starters playing the long minutes. Makes no sense to me.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Still early in the season but our team doesn't seem to be good enough ... too old, too slow and poor depth .

Back 2 back and the Kings always play us tough though .. but I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me we'll get further in the playoffs than the past 2 seasons ..
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:i thought they looked good yesterday and it was surprisingly the solid defensive effort that won the game. plenty of camaraderie out there last night as well.

not sure what the deal was tonight. i'm ready to blame first back-to-back(since the opener) and thanksgiving.

this, this, this...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Also, don't forget the teams we played...apart from the Spurs we had simple home games. This was a tough test on the road & we failed it miserably. D'Antoni's only mistake was playing Howard so much, dude had no energy tonight.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:

Ah yes, don't know how I missed that in the first place, should have known it was a Kobe thread just by the OP's name/history.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby solenstyle on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Bring back Bernie!
solenstyle

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Kobe is not the problem here and the least concern to me, he is averaging a heavy 37 minutes per game but is shooting 53% FG this season for us, I know there was some sloppy turnovers for him but he works really hard and great effort on the daily basic to keep us in the game, he is pretty awesome to me.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lotus on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Just old legs on a back to back more than anything else. But, it'll be nice to get Nash back.
lotus

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 am

It's been 2 games. Did you think we'd immediately look like the mid 00's Suns?
Frank Dux

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 am

We always get beat by scrub teams in the past...unfortunately right now everybody seem to beat us :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby XXIV on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:26 am

noobiew wrote:Kobe is not the problem here and the least concern to me, he is averaging a heavy 37 minutes per game but is shooting 53% FG this season for us, I know there was some sloppy turnovers for him but he works really hard and great effort on the daily basic to keep us in the game, he is pretty awesome to me.

Agreed. How anyone can put the blame on Kobe is beyond me. He's playing SG/PG for this team and he was the only one last night outside of Meeks actually trying to will this team back.
XXIV

Postby ElginTheGreat on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:37 am

fkmikebrown wrote:i thought they looked good yesterday and it was surprisingly the solid defensive effort that won the game. plenty of camaraderie out there last night as well.

Basically.

Plus, its a given that most role players don't shoot as well on the road as they do at home.

I also think just the complete circus we have been a part of the last few weeks I think we were due for a bit of a letdown game.

Nothing to see here folks. At least not yet.
ElginTheGreat

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:We always get beat by scrub teams in the past...unfortunately right now everybody seem to beat us :man10:

yeah thats what i was going to say

lousy teams like the kings and bobcats have always been a thorn in the lakers side so this loss didn't surprise me at all. 4 of the 6 losses this season were because of brown, 1 was the heartbreaker to the spurs and then this one to a lousy team on the 2nd game of a back to back. i'm definitely not going to blame dan tony yet
432J

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

I am Thankful for the wonderful fans of the LA Lakers :man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby snackdaddy on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:00 am

I'd like to see what they can do when Nash comes back before I judge whether or not its going to work. We all know his skills were being wasted in Brown's system. I expect him to have more of an impact with this system.
snackdaddy

Postby Phil XI on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:20 am

B2B on Road after starters (D12, Kobe, Pau, Ron) averaged almost 40 mins played night before.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Murdock on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:46 am

XXIV wrote:
noobiew wrote:Kobe is not the problem here and the least concern to me, he is averaging a heavy 37 minutes per game but is shooting 53% FG this season for us, I know there was some sloppy turnovers for him but he works really hard and great effort on the daily basic to keep us in the game, he is pretty awesome to me.

Agreed. How anyone can put the blame on Kobe is beyond me. He's playing SG/PG for this team and he was the only one last night outside of Meeks actually trying to will this team back.

Agree Kobe is playing great ... still I would love him not to handle the ball that much ... and move Duhon to start and handle the ball for majority of the time and Kobe to play more off the ball game ... because for example in today's game he did a lot of one-on-one (problem is not in fast pace style as before, but more posting and jabbing and such - which makes all the players to stand still and not move ... it happens every time, for several years) ... he made the shots but as pointed out in other threads, guys don't defend that well after that, they don't try that hard because they don't see the incentive ...
Murdock

Postby lalfan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 am

Murdock wrote:
XXIV wrote:

Agree Kobe is playing great ... still I would love him not to handle the ball that much ... and move Duhon to start and handle the ball for majority of the time and Kobe to play more off the ball game ... because for example in today's game he did a lot of one-on-one (problem is not in fast pace style as before, but more posting and jabbing and such - which makes all the players to stand still and not move ... it happens every time, for several years) ... he made the shots but as pointed out in other threads, guys don't defend that well after that, they don't try that hard because they don't see the incentive ...

exactly, when Kobe handling the ball, he's using his teammates as screens and decoy while trying to score himself. he may shoot a high percentage this year, but those shots are rhythm breaking shots. why can't Kobe just adapt to playing on the wing like MJ did as he got older. don't tell me we don't have anyone to initiate offense without Kobe, tell me this, how was the offense the past game and a half when the team gone away from pick 'n roll and let Kobe dribble the ball up the court.
lalfan

Postby lalfan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 am

Murdock wrote:
XXIV wrote:

exactly, when Kobe handling the ball, he's using his teammates as screens and decoy while trying to score himself. he may shoot a high percentage this year, but those shots are rhythm breaking shots. why can't Kobe just adapt to playing on the wing like MJ did as he got older. don't tell me we don't have anyone to initiate offense without Kobe, tell me this, how was the offense the past game and a half when the team gone away from pick 'n roll and let Kobe dribble the ball up the court. as far as defensive end, happy players will put in more effort on that end, period, because defense is all about efforts and hustle, if the offense isn't run properly, players tend not to put in full effort on the other end, it's just human nature, no need to knock on any player for that.
Last edited by lalfan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lalfan

Postby kobebryant248 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Still early in the season but our team doesn't seem to be good enough ... too old, too slow and poor depth .

Back 2 back and the Kings always play us tough though .. but I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me we'll get further in the playoffs than the past 2 seasons ..

:mad1: :bang: :mad1: [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Still early in the season but our team doesn't seem to be good enough ... too old, too slow and poor depth .

we ll be fine once we got back all healthy and 100 percent.they will get further as the 2nd round . to say that they won t after 2 games under d antoni and still without nash is flat out ridicilous and absolutely bulls..... :mad1: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion