Thoughts on Kareem

Thoughts on Kareem

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:25 am

Kareem Rush led all scorers against the Clippers with 33pts going 14 of 18 from the field, which is very good even for Lebron to do it. The Lakers suffered their first loss at spl, but it was interesting to see what are younger players can do.

I think in another 2 years Kareem will be a good player in the NBA, I won't be surprised if he avg 17-20 pts per game when Shaq leaves because this guy can score quickly.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:14 am

You know mah take on him... We both know how much talent this guy has, and he's great with what he has too. See, like u said he knows how to score, but with limited time as a rookie he never got a chance to showcase what he has. Phil always played him at point which is why I think everyone is doubtin his NBA game. He isn't a point, he's a 2 and played 3 in college. So now that we have 3 PG's on our team, maybe we'll see more of Kareem backin up Kobe, gettin more and more minutes in the upcoming season. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby lalgirl3 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:08 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:You know mah take on him... We both know how much talent this guy has, and he's great with what he has too. See, like u said he knows how to score, but with limited time as a rookie he never got a chance to showcase what he has. Phil always played him at point which is why I think everyone is doubtin his NBA game. He isn't a point, he's a 2 and played 3 in college. So now that we have 3 PG's on our team, maybe we'll see more of Kareem backin up Kobe, gettin more and more minutes in the upcoming season. :jam2:

I agree. I remeber watching Kareem in last years pre season game I believe against the Bucks and I think he did a damn good job. I think that if he is able to get more playing time he will diffently grow into a better basketball player. Note the Phil Jackson: PLAY KAREEM!
lalgirl3

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:29 am

Really quick about the SPL, some teams play there players others play prospects, so don't really rate what a player does in the SPL. It is exciting to watch though. Anyway, Rush can play and that is what our bench needs. GOOD Players!
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:46 am

Its sad how everyone was so quick to judge Rush last year. I knew he had talent and also it would take time to devolop it
Danny Ainge

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:50 am

Remember when Kobe was judged for 3 airballs!?
kingjsun

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:05 am

i am very high on rush. this guy is going ot be another spark off the bench for our team with fish this year. Plus, him and pargo work great together. dont need to seperate the two. rush was a proven scorer in college at missori. all he needs is time and to play the 2 spot and hell be fine. i think we got a great deal trading for him. we got rid of aging lindsay hunter and got a young prospect with great potential. besides, we dont need anymore PG's. were set with our backcourt.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:10 am

I hope Kareem plays well enough to be in the All star rookie/sophmore game.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:13 pm

I remember 1st hearing about him when it was his last year in college. I was into college hoops for a minute but somehow I just faded away from all that. But then when the final 4 tournament came about I started playing more attention to teams, and key players. Rush caught mah attention. He didn't play like he thought he was all that, (like his brother), but he played like if he was the quiet man on the court, kinda like a deadly assasin. To me, he didn't seem like a big name typa player, but the announcers often bragged about what he he was able to do. I didn't even see the NBA draft when the Raptors traded him to the Lakers either cuz I was out. I had to ask mah sis' friend from work, who's a Laker fan, who we picked up, and he said that we traded for his guard guy, but he didn't know who. I looked on the net, and I was so excited cuz I found out who we picked up!! I knew we got a good player!!! But then when the season rolled into place, Kareem wasn't gettin that much PT, and he had to play PG. I got heated cuz everyone was judgin him playin a position he's not able to play as good as someone else, and for the limited amount of PT he got. That's why I'm glad he's playin well in the Summer Pro League. I'm hopin this will get him much playin time in the season.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:30 pm

RUSH is a good SPOT UP shooter after observing his game at the SPL. He reminds me of PEELER'S game.. but the only thing is RUSH doesn't SLASH. Also, Rush needs to get some more confidence.. he needs to stop worrying about making mistakes and just PLAYBALL. He should also try harder to pick up some DEFENSIVE SKILLS this year from KOBE and now PAYTON

If he can improve on these he would make an adequate back-up for KOBE.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:36 pm

Just thinking about the bench is exciting. People always talk about B Jackson with the Kings, they just don't know.
kingjsun

Postby ITS JOEY on Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:48 pm

I think this guy has great potential!!!! just missed 4 shots against the CLIPS and scored 33 points??! :jam2:
ITS JOEY

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:18 pm

And when he starts gettin PT, and showin the capabilities that me and Lakerbrain have been seein, then ya'll are gonna hop on his bandwagon, like how peeps hopped on Kobe's after he improved from the airballs he shot as a rookie... :man12:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:23 pm

hmmmm,.. I HIGHLY DOUBT he will turn out to be as good as KOBE so his bandwaggon won't be as large... LOL
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:29 pm

LOL... that's dirty... But I'm not sayin he's gonna turn out to be like Kobe, he's just gonna make a name for himself. Hopefully he doesn't get all hyped by the media, cuz he's havin trouble with confidence as it is already.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:17 pm

i have not been a laker band wagon EVER....i have been with kobe from the start...i have a 500 dollar bet going with my dad if Kobe will be MVP the day after kobe hit those airballs against utah. looks like i am gunna get 500 in one of hte up coming years.......

as for rush....i think with PT (playing time)........rush will be simular to corey maggette (or at least simular to teh type of year maggette had this year) i think rush will be slighty better than maggette though in the future.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Roscoe on Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:35 pm

Rush reminds of a Ray Allen or Allan Houston type of player. When he finds the confidence he needs to succeed in this league, he'll be a 16-20 point per game scorer easily...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby lakers frizzo on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:07 pm

rush didnt play big minutes cause kobe played more minutes than anyone in the league besides iverson cause we wanted him to get the mvp (which he should have gotten anyway) i look for kobe to play some time at sf this year and for rush to double his minutes played if he produces and shows he deserves it, hell mabye they will rotate him a sf too to get him some minutes he played sf in college right
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby kobe834 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:48 pm

kareems great. knew itever since his first preseason game here in bakersfield.
kobe834

Return to Lakers Discussion