Thoughts on Marc Stein's comments

Thoughts on Marc Stein's comments

Postby Holy Shaq! on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:42 pm

Anyone hear Marc Stein on ESPN News? He said even with Payton and Malone, if the Spurs get Kidd, SA is the team to beat. Granted they hold the title but who is Stein kidding(no pun intended)?
Holy Shaq!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:43 pm

LOL... Hey it's all good, he's just tryin to be the outkast cuz the Lakers are the favorites, but it's his opinion, u know?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:56 pm

Of course they're the team to beat... they're the Defending Champs. They're the team to beat regardless of who the Lakers have... just like it was for the Lakers this year.
Lakerqueen

Postby Holy Shaq! on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:17 pm

I realize that he's entitled to his opinion and all but I'm trying to figure out how that could be his opinion. Yes, the Spurs may get Kidd, but Robinson's retired, Bowen's not going to get any better, Willis is a thousand, and Kerr and Ferry should just retire.

He can play devil's advocate all he wants but how can he back it up?
Holy Shaq!

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:07 pm

you can talk all you want, but when he sees that trophy next to purple and gold, he'll be eating his words... another columnist begging for attention.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:54 pm

my view is , 80% of the staff at ESPN are all wack. i hate them so much. the only writer ig ot respect for is Ric Bucher. That's it. and besides, it very obvious they they r laker hating.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Reddy on Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:30 pm

yep
the attention is all these haters want :mad1:
they need to watch the game and the stats and accept the fact this is the laker dynasty and it is going to continue,
lets make them eat their words
go 4 it lakers!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:19 pm

Even if the Spurs are defending champs it doesn't automatically make them the team to beat.

That's like saying the BULLS were the team to beat in 1999, because they're the defending world champs. Remember that 1999 Bulls team without Phil, Michael, Scottie, and Dennis Rodman. A defending champion with 60 + losses.

Stein is an idiot. He sounds fruity to me.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:52 pm

The only PROFESSIONAL columnists (not to offend anyone here at CL!) I respect are the Paperboys: Bill Plaschke and J.A. Adande. I'm not just saying that because they're LA Times staff, but I love their writing styles and they keep it real.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:03 am

Stein is jus playin a role......Every year ESPN and ABC have one Laker backer and one Laker hater.....this year Tom Tolbert was the hater the year before Doug Collins was the hater.....2 years ago i wanted to chock this S#!t outta Collins last year i saw thru the retoric....i mean they can't all BOW DOWN :bow:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:05 am

OPPS I MEANT CHOKE THE S#!T OUTTA COLLINS ..... :bang: MY BAD
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Return to Lakers Discussion