Thursday@Miami! W or L?

Thursday@Miami! W or L?

Postby SK8 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 am

can we continue winning streak and revenge for that christmas day lost at staples?
i think we can, we HAVE TO use our size on Bynum, Gasol and Lamar...who can stop Drew from Heat roster? BIgZ Joel Anthony, Dampier? LOL if Drew continue to play hard and battle for every rebound i think we can get an easy win just like vs Spurs, Kobe and Ron to stop LeBron And Wade to limit they fastbreak points and we don't have to wory about anithing....gooo Lakers!!
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Re: Thursday@Miami! W or L?

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:50 am

I believe the Lakers will get their revenge against THOSE OTHER GUYS. But we have to beat the Hawks first, so let's not look ahead, as tempting as it might be to do so.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby MadMax on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:16 am

W in Atlanta and Miami.
MadMax

Postby SK8 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:18 am

MadMax wrote:W in Atlanta and Miami.

i truly believe we can do that....this win over SAS give me a big bost of believe in our game, so i think we can handle this :jam2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby ChumsGum on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 am

I'm going to the game in Miami, woohoo!
ChumsGum

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 am

ATL is a "trap game", Miami is a W.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 am

The Lakers will need to watch themselves. Miami is a wounded dog right now and wounded dogs are dangerous. Everyone is down on those guys and that may cause them to pull together. The Lakers need to take the Heat very seriously.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:58 am

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:The Lakers will need to watch themselves. Miami is a wounded dog right now and wounded dogs are dangerous. Everyone is down on those guys and that may cause them to pull together. The Lakers need to take the Heat very seriously.

Should be interesting - Miami will be playing with their backs to the wall, as it were, and the Lakers' motivation (hopefully) will be to avenge Xmas and to avoid the sweep.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Sirron on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 am

I hope a W. Be nice to see more Heat players cry. :man6:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 am

Sirron wrote:I hope a W. Be nice to see more Heat players cry. :man6:

And more "it's us against the world" tweets. :man10:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 am

There will me more crying by the Heat after this game. :man6: :man6: :man10:
Lets Go Lakers

Postby KB24 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:15 am

I hope for a win...simply because the Heat already have L-Bron.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby John3:16 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:There will me more crying by the Heat after this game. :man6: :man6: :man10:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby nameant on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 am

The Heat will probably give it all they got. If they win, we'll hear about how they're turning it around or something.
nameant

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 am

I just hope Kobe doesn't over defend on Wade and draw quick stupid fouls and take himself out of the game.
BadCoaching

Postby ChuckTheD on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 am

Lose to Atlanta. Beat Miami.
ChuckTheD

Postby Lakers_55 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 am

Let's look back at last season when we lost to LeBron on Christmas. Miami is LeBron's team now, so essentially the comparison is close to even. When we went into Cleveland in the rematch, we did very well. We got a lead and couldn't hold it, and folded down the stretch. Had we played Cleveland in the finals I believe we would have been able to go in there and steal one and buckle down and win it quickly. Now, currently Miami has lost 4 straight and plays Portland next. They could lose that as well. In any case, we have had the bad luck this year of going into games where teams needed a win, at Dallas comes right to mind.

This game is for the Heat's season. They may beat us, but we won't see them in the finals, they're 2nd round fodder to the Bulls or Celtics, depending on playoff seeding. I expect us to play quite well on Thursday. Let's hope the Heat don't pick this game to finally win a close one at the end.
Bring it Boston! Don't duck us in the finals again!
Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 39-24!
Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
Lakers_55

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:31 am

Both teams are definitely desperate for a quality win. Both are 4-6 in their last 10, and going all the way back to the start of Feb, they both only have one win over a quality team. Even then it was Miami barely holding on after again blowing a 20+ point lead over Orlando, and Atlanta barely crawling out of a 20pt hole vs the Bulls. Like Laker55 said, Dallas would tell you that there's nothing like a win over the Lakers when you're trying to right the ship.

If the Lakers show up focused though, these teams will probably be even worse off at the end of it all. Atlanta is just not that good honestly, and Miami? They have.......issues.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Laker_Dynasty on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:35 am

I think the Lakers are focused that we should be able to get a win over ATL and MIA. :jam2:
"If You Don't Believe In Yourself, Nobody Else Will" -Kobe Bryant

Kobe's 81 Points, 2nd Greatest Performance behind Wilt's 100...
Laker_Dynasty

Postby Forward Three on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:46 am

I don't see Miami losing 6 straight, so, unless they have a solid win in Portland, I'm going to say they treat our matchup like it is the last game they will ever play together and do everything possible to get the W. But, just the same, if Andrew keeps playing as big as he has been, I'm not sure what Miami could even do.
Forward Three

Postby KB24 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Forward Three wrote:I don't see Miami losing 6 straight, so, unless they have a solid win in Portland, I'm going to say they treat our matchup like it is the last game they will ever play together and do everything possible to get the W. But, just the same, if Andrew keeps playing as big as he has been, I'm not sure what Miami could even do.

thats exactly the point. If the Lakers are playing well, Miami can do all it wants but you can't teach height...I expect Bynum and Gasol to really abuse Miami inside.

They were both major disappointments in the christmas game, not doing anything. But both have played well lately...and I expect more of the same. Erica better be ready for the beast, that is Bynum.

We are going to lose if our perimeter players become trigger happy from outside and settle for long Js.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:27 pm

I still don't fully trust this Laker team yet, but if they play like they've been playing lately against the Heat on defense, they should get the win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:36 pm

to beat Mia you can't give them transition points, so hopefully Kobe can keep his chucking in check and not take bad shots leading to long reb. and getting Mia into fastbreak mode.
khmrP

Postby Chopper on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Im hoping this trip is Bynum's coming out party defensively and I think losing to MIA on Xmas will motivate the Lakers to take care of business. Worse comes to worse, just keep it close until the end of the game where the Heat will choke up and LBJ will be too scared to chuck another 3 pt shot off the rim.
Chopper

Postby gcclaker on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Weezy wrote:I still don't fully trust this Laker team yet, but if they play like they've been playing lately against the Heat on defense, they should get the win.

Love 'em to death BUT my sentiments exactly...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to The Graveyard