Time to coach Phil

Time to coach Phil

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 2:39 am

Phil, I know you got 9 rings. I know this. But LA is down. Our backs are against the wall. What this means is you're gonna have to wake up, stand up, call a timeout or two, tell the team what you want them to do, make some substitutions, cuss someone out, etc.

If all of this seems within reason, can I ask one more favor? I know I'm asking a lot, but if it's not beneath you, can you whisper in the refs ear that maybe, just maybe, they're missing some foul calls against our team. if you need proof, there is still white chalk marks on the court from where Bowens killed Kobe on that 3.

I know I'm not the basketball expert that you are, but hey, it might just work. The alternative is not winning the championship this year.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 2:44 am

Hell Phil needs to do something.. His health is at risk, with the Lakers stressin him out... Get it right in practice so there wouldn't have to be this discussion... All I ask is that he does what he does best, and win the next 2 games!! It's as simple as that, and the job NEEDS TO GET DONE!! ITS THE PLAYOFFS!! WIN OR GO HOME!!! :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

George

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 3:00 am

While I'm in my pissed off mood, let me also say that George should not be playing while hurt. If he's this banged up, someone else needs to be playing. If you're dead set on Horry playing, move him to small forward. George getting 2 points isn't gonna cut it.

Re: George

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:04 am

kobegotskillz wrote:While I'm in my pissed off mood, let me also say that George should not be playing while hurt. If he's this banged up, someone else needs to be playing. If you're dead set on Horry playing, move him to small forward. George getting 2 points isn't gonna cut it.

All I'm sayin is if Horry is gonna play, he needs to concentate on playing D, rather than gettin his touch back... Hell I'm pissed too... If Horry's great on the defensive end, sooner or later he'll get the ball back, and get some easy lay-ups or dunks... Devean much not be in that much pain cuz he's playin it through... like how kobe plays when hurt... :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby k8fanatic on Wed May 14, 2003 10:46 am

guys gotta stop rippin phil. whispering in a ref's ear isnt gonna help anithin. the refs arent gonna change their kalls. the refs get enough complaining from the players, and phil jackson isnt gonna do anithin. u get some kalls, u dont get soe kalls. dats just how it is
k8fanatic

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 11:06 am

I think we NEED Devean to play, injured or not. There are no real reasons we lost, we lost by freakin' two points off a shot that should have dropped. It wasn't anything strategic that we did wrong in this game, it was that Shaq, Horry, Fisher and George did not show up and we STILL came within 1 on the road...guess we have better role players than everyone thought. If we start Fisher / Bryant / George / Medvedenko / O'neal and use the back ups Pargo / Shaw / Rush / Horry / Walker we should be pretty good. As far as Shaq goes, we need to tell him that NEXT SERIES we will throw it in to him every time if he just brings as much energy as he can to the next two games. Make him an offer he can't refuse!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion