LA Times: Lakers may get... !

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 7:19 pm

Be easy going in thy path or suffer the wrath of DA!

A little harsh there, DA, he is only a guest after all...remember we need to welcome and encourage anti-laker sentiment, a truly great forum welcomes and includes all sides of a given topic... :man7:
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 29, 2003 7:36 pm

Gary Payton does want to get a ring, I don't care what anyone sais. If he wants to be his "own player" then he can go somewhere else. Either way, I have NEVER read this article about him saying that KobeStopper, if you find the article, I'd love to see it. I've been following him and Malone closely, doing alot of research, and I havn't seen that yet...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 7:40 pm

Sorry Y'all I am a bit jumpy toward anti-lakers. It must be because they are so scarce in number.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby BDG on Thu May 29, 2003 8:32 pm

naw man, i laughed your last post up... by the way, Stoper...

Yall have your opinion And I have mine.

That's exactly why we come to forums, to discuss our opinions. You don't need to point that out anymore.

I have heard the Payton rumors from so many sources and I have a good feeling the lakers will use their MLE to grap GP. The guy is a top assist player, he could be our 3rd scorer (20 ppg) and they don't call him "The Glove" for nothing (defense).

The only downside about this is that he's 35 years old. He could be a great point guard for maybe about 3 years and then he might get too old. He might solve our problems for now, but I'd try and trade up in the draft to get a PG that will back GP up for now and be a future role player/starter on our team.

Also... there IS NO Kobe Stopper... or Stoper...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 8:35 pm

Thats all we need him for though. 3 years is quite enough. By then Pargo will be ready to take over the reins.
Danny Ainge

Postby pltan on Thu May 29, 2003 9:45 pm

If the MLE is used for GP, don't you guys think that leaves us with very little to work on the PF position with? Which appears to be more critical then the PG spot.
pltan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 29, 2003 10:22 pm

well we could use the MLE on Payton. But, what about our needs for a PF position?... how do we acquire a PJ BROWN or Malone? We could trade HORRY away.... I don't think any team out there is going to help us out. I bet is going to be either PAYTON/PJ BROWN/MALONE/HOWARD.... we have to pick one.... which one?
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 31, 2003 12:46 am

Danny, just let them speak what they wanna say, and show them the reasons why their opinions are wrong with facts and figures! Don't stoop down to their level :jam2: LAKERS BABY!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 31, 2003 12:01 pm

Hey KobeStopper,

How stupid can you be, when you can't even spell a slang term. Gonna is spelled with two "n", not one. Also, stop hating because your stupid team(whatever it is) doesn't have the history, the titles, and the market like the Lakers. Stop hating you geek. You're hatin like a nerd in high school.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 31, 2003 11:24 pm

No, you add Malone out there. He knows his sheist Snakell... Think about him posting up, you can't double him because what will you do with Shaq?

We get Malone, were in buisness...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:02 pm

The only problem I have with Payton is that in Seattke and last year in Milwaukee, he tend to hold the ball a lot in every offensive possesion his team are in. He is so used to a system where he commands the ball a majority of the time in offense. I'm not sure if he can adapt to the triangle. If he can, then I'll welcome him.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:24 pm

Malone is too old.

Postby dmaul on Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:22 pm

All very interesting points. But it's obvious that the MLE won't cure the Lakers of all their woes. Mitch will have to work some magic and make a trade.

If Payton comes to LA for the MLE, I can picture the Lakers trading Fisher for a PF. As much as I like Fisher, he would probably be on his way out in their attempt to address their frontcourt weaknesses. Payton can more than compensate for Fisher's productivity on offense and defense and Fisher would then essentially be an expensive bench player. He would probably be packaged with another player to get a PF, any decent PF at that point.

Both GP or Malone could potentially be awesome additions to the club, but there's that question of ego and could either one accept being the third wheel to Kobe and Shaq.
dmaul

Postby Snake Eyes on Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:50 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:No no, see i disagree... If your Payton...

Hmmm... Milwakee, or Los Angeles...
Hmmm... Money or championship?

Hmmm... The glove will grab the purple and yellow jersey soon, mark my words.

:man12:

I totally aggree with this. GP wants a championship. :man7:
Snake Eyes

Postby Trojan Warrior on Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:16 pm

A bargain pick up would be Antonio Daniels. Still young and very atlethic. By doing that we could spend the Mid level exception on Howard, Brown, or Malone. That wouldnt be a bad way to go although I do really like Paytons Heart. I think people are overlooking Antonio Daniels. He is a big PG too. Thats what Phil Loves. I think its going to be hard for us to get two stars. So if we get one really good point guard we are going to get a less talented PF. Going with Daniels with get us a less talented PG with an upside and a star PF.
Trojan Warrior

Postby The Old Schooler on Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:33 pm

Don't get me wrong I like GP, heck he's from the Bay. But, let's be smart here! GP is 35 years of age, and we are trying our best to get younger fast!!! GP only has 2 or 3 more years at the most left in the tank. L.A would be putting there selfs in the same position that they are trying to get out of. Let's be real here: 1.) WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO GET TOP TALENT. 2.) WE NEED TO LET SOME PEOPLE GO WHO WE LOVE. 3.) WE ARE TRYING TO SALES PLAYERS ON THEIR DREAM OF A RING. Our choices are slim here, and we need to realize that GP, Malone, and Pipen ain't going solve a long term problem that the Lakers need to address this offseason.
CONNECTED IN THE GAME SINCE 1980
The Old Schooler

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:17 pm

Agreed man, but take this into account. When you're a big name market like LA, you can't afford to go through rebuilding stages. Quick fixes like GP are just enough to propel the Lakers back to the finals. Look we got a beautiful establishment here with Shaq & Kobe, why not ride it out to get a couple more championships before Shaq hangs up his boots.
Danny Ainge

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:45 am

DA,

I understand what you are saying. I even agree with L.A being a BIG Market, but our sights should be set on putting us back in the top spot for more than just to the end of Shaq's contract. Look at it like this, the West is a battle every night. Teams like SAC and SAN ANT are bringing younger players into the fold. We can't expect the same from the Vet's we have anymore! We can't play 82+ games without a real PF anymore! We can't waste time with players if they can't learn the system! I'm heartbreaken, and I don't think I'm the only one out here! So, I think now is a good time to realize that we have to retool for the long run. GP and Malone are just bandaids on a gun shot! Feel Me? (The Old Schooler)

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:36 pm

I know, and believe me I fell your pain. I still can't belive how Mitch Richmond was allowed to ride Kobe & Shaq's coat-tails all season long. Well maybe well get lucky enough to see some younger talent like Travis Outlaw and Gilbert Arenas stop by for awhile.
Danny Ainge

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:51 am

The lakes should not get Malone,.... he only wants to break Kareems scoring record and he is not goin to do it as a Laker!!!!!
zetaw00d

:

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:34 am

He could get it done alot easier with the Lakers, than he could with any other team, because with most of the other teams he is interested in, he would be coming off the bench.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Old Schooler on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:23 pm

JSM,

Hey! I'm not sure what is making you even think of Karl Malone as a option for the Lakers. He ain't the Mailman anymore, that cat is just plain old Karl. I'm sorry. The Lakers have tried that bring the Vet in thing to many time for me! I think it's time to go after the players that have an up-side to their careers. Gilbert Arenas is the player I would like to see us bring in at PG. He is a season or two away from being a household name. Arenas has the speed, and the coaching staff can teach the "D" to him. At PF, I really think that PJ Bown is the best we can do at that position right now. I like Aaron Williams also, but we would have to package Fisher and another player up with a bow to make that one happen. The Lakers should start cleaning house now to brace the fan for our down years (which are right around the corner in 2006 or 2007). Hey! I know it's a lil harsh, but I'm a real Lakers fan living in a real world.
The Old Schooler

Postby LakersSuxAss on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:25 pm

Anonymous wrote:Malone is too old.

Malone isnt to old u dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] if he was to old how the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] did he take utah to the playoffs

the only way there getin malone is if he lowers his price down to 30 bux a game lakers cannot afford ne big player
LakersSuxAss

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:05 pm

LSA,

I'm not should if your talking to me or if it's just that time of month for you, but you need to stall out all that funny style talkin you doing :mad1:

First, let's get the story straight! Malone is 40!!!!! That is old for a person in his profession.....sorry!

Second, I don't remember him being the only MF on the court for his team....right?

Third, this is a message board! You are going to hear somethings that are a lil different from what you believe. That's the whole point of the system....TO BE HEARD :man4:

Last, let's leave the rock throwing and name calling to the school yard.

Postby The Old Schooler on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:08 pm

I'm sorry! I wasn't logged in.
The Old Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion