I'm tired of hearing so many excuses.

I'm tired of hearing so many excuses.

Postby Laker brain on Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:43 pm

Congratulations to the Spurs, they clearly had the better team this year. I keep hearing that the Spurs should have an * on it. I don't think so.
True, they beat teams with injured players, but if thats the case, our championships should have had an * also. We defeated the kings with a hurt Peja, and we beat the 76ers with a hurt Snow, we beat the Spurs without Robinson, to name some. The spurs won this year, and instead of hating on them, we need to shut our mouths, and maybe next year, we'll win another championship.

Personally, I have no beef with the Spurs, they're just to nice of a team to have hatred for.

I am not a Spurs Fan, I just respect them as a team.

I beleive our biggest rival is still the Queens, because they don't like us period.

We'll be back ready for WAR!
Laker brain

Postby Reddy on Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:53 pm

my opinion is i dont think the same way
spurs didnt deserve [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and a ring this year, but the laker dynasty has just begun!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby ELF on Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:27 pm

Thank you Laker Brain! I said the same thing a week ago. I'm sick and tired of some of our Lakers Fans, they are starting to sound more like the Queens. I take that back, several of them sound like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! (Sorry CL, but I had to say it)

They are hating because our BelovedLakers lost. Spurs beat us fair and square. They didn't cheat, referees didn't take it from us, we didn't lose it, they took it from us. The best team won. The have the most complete player in the league(if you don't agree just look at his line from last night, 20pts 20rb 10ast 8 blocks). The have the MVP (and if he deserved it, if not him then KG). They had the #1 rated defense. And the best record in the league.

We need to congratulate the Spurs! And let them no we will be ready next year. Please stop this Queens behavior. And for those who want to say the only reason they won because Fox was injuried our that the Kings would have won with Webber. Please read Laker Brain post.

Lakers 00 Championship team Duncan was coming off a knee injury. Lakers 02 Robinson didn't play and 01 Anderson went down with an knee injury. Peja was a no factor last year and trust me that would have made a difference in that game 7. So stop hating, hell we are Laker Fans. We don't hate on a team, we just kick their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] the next time.

I'm out! ELF
ELF

Postby LARolePlayer on Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:55 pm

To EmbarassedLakerFan,
I don't think most of the people here use injuries to Rick Fox, Devean George and Kobe Bryant as an excuse. They just point out the facts, just like the other teams did in the past years when we won. I think our biggest problem was lack of motivation along with the unfortunate injuries. These are not excuses, this is just things we should keep in mind as we set out to take back what's ours next year. So please don't call us QUEENS.
Go LAKERS 2003-2004!!!! :jam2:
LARolePlayer

Postby ELF on Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:58 pm

LARolePlayer, you may need to read my post over again. I didn't call every member of the cL family Queens. I said, the ones that are hating on the Spurs by saying the only reason the Spurs won because of injuries or that the Spurs didn't deserve the title. And, a lot of you have said just that. So, for those people I say stop with the Queen behavior. As someone who has played sports before understand that things come up(injuries, trades, deaths, sickness, and etc.) that can have an effect on the outcome of a season. But you take it for what it is and you go on. You don't hate on someone because they accomplish something you didn't. I say we as Laker fans need to be above this type of behavior. And just say congrats to the Spurs and we will rightfully take what belongs to us. And, yes there are some individuals that have made excuses for our lakers. No one will remember Fox was injuried this year, no one brings up that Robinson didn't play in 02, i don't hear any Lakers fans talking about how we may have benefited by the injuries to Peja in 02 or Derek Anderson 01, or TD coming off of a knee injury in 00. (PS....it's funny how some have mention Kobe injury, hell we didn't even know he was hurt until 2 weeks ago and now we make it sound like that hurt the outcome of this season. I say take a page from #8 and don't used that as an excuse. Kobe said it best, during this time of the year every player in the league is playing with some type of injury)

The bottom line is that we must have a rededicated Shaq, health Kobe, and some new atheletic blood to win next year. San Antonio will be better next year, so it won't be a cake walk.

I'm out! ELF
ELF

Postby BDG on Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:04 am

LakerBrain, you have summed up what I have felt toward the Laker "conspiracy" theorists. We HAVE TO ADMIT OUR DEFEAT TO MOVE FORWARD! Be honest with yourselves, the Spurs beat us because our roster wasn't as deep, among other issues. THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:34 am

I agree 100% that there was absolutley NO CONSIPRACY to our demise. The refs were trying to call what they saw and, while I do believe that Peeler, Gill and Bowen (as well as everyone that guarded Shaq in the playoffs) were guilty of fouls on almost every possession, even if they missed a lot of calls, we were still over matched and lost fair and square.

I look at our demise in this way, if we came 1 3-point basket from the WCF (and most likely the championship) with as thin and weak a team as we had this season, imagine how good we might be next year with a healthy Kobe, Shaq in peak condition, some new draftees that play defense and a big name free agent or two...Can anyone say undefeated playoffs....

The only statement with which I take particular issue is that Tim Duncan (or anyone other than #8) is the most complete player in the NBA. Pointing out that 7'1 Tim Duncan got 20pts 20rb 10ast 8 blocks as proof that he is better than Kobe is like pointing out that Kobe is a better dunker than Earl Boykins....of course that SEEMS to be the case, one player has a huge physical advantage. If Kobe (who in two games this season got 68 points, 27 rebounds, and 27 assists) were 7'1 he would AVERAGE 25rb, 10ast, 10blk a game, to go with about 50pts a game. Pound for Pound, Kobe Bryant is both the MVP of the NBA and its (by a large margin) most well rounded and COMPLETE player...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:49 am

I disagree. The refs were bias towards TIM DUNCRAP. STERN was protecting his MVP from embarrassment. How else can you explain that foul on KOBE while shooting his three in the final minutes of game 5 which was not CALLED!!!!? Notice towards the end of GAME 6 in the 4th quarter the fouls started to flow towards L.A. but the deficite was to large to overcome. STERN wanted to make sure L.A loses GAME 5 in hoping the SERIES goes 7 games. Stern knows if L.A. would have won game 5 the series would have been over. The lakers would have taken the series in L.A. You see STERNS master plan backfired!!! his hands were all over that SERIES from the START. He was hoping for a dramatic finish like the LA/SAC from a year ago since the ratings were so bad because of his bad decision to only televise the first round on CABLE TV!!! He never once thought about the future fans of the NBA... the millions of kids who don't have CABLE T.V. and to top it all off... the FINALS was FREAKIN BORING!!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby BDG on Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:53 am

the refs could not have been THAT biased towards Duncan for us to get blown out in two of our games. We lost to the Spurs; true champions play through the bad calls. We did, but our efforts came up short, due to the fact that our roster is paper thin. We will be back next year to reclaim our throne.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:14 am

Yeah because as much as we struggled, as much as we strained and fought, and with the amount that went awry this season, we still came only 1 three pointer away from winning it all, we only need one good draftee and two mediocre benchers that play D to get back on top, and any big name will only make us invincible...
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:20 am

The Lakers won their championships fair and square, with FAIR calls and playing against HEALTHY teams, so we are not whining, I taped all those games and I could SEE the fouls, we are not queens, just seeing reality in front of us made us angry, so yeah the refs were biased, and yeah DunCANS freaking innocent face led the refs conscience towards him so they said OK sweetie, heres every call. I have seen Duncan travel a lot in the series and they were uncalled. But the refs pinpoint shaquille on every move. Why? Yeah, cuzz tehy were B-I-A-S-E-D.
my thought
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:27 am

Well we won our championships with lucky breaks, but everyone needs a little bit of luck to become a champion. And if you look at last year, we couldn't possibly have an unluckier year, there's just no way...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:59 pm

Reddy, if the refereeing was THAT bad, how could SA have blown us out in 2 of our 6 games? This is just getting ridiculous. We didn't have enough firepower this year. Our supporting cast aged and couldn't help Shaq and Kobe.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:30 pm

I'm glad to see respected Lakers fans givin their thoughts, and opinions on this topic.. I also feel the same way as Laker Brain, and ELF... Even though I don't like the Spurs, and I never have or will, they won it, it's as simple as that... They took advantage of teams who lost players, and they overcame it all, in an 82 game season, they played hard, and it just goes to show hard work pays off. Even though I feel they were gettin the majority of the calls in all their series', we gotta look past that, and move on, and just use it as motivation toward next season. We all know that our team is gonna do tha dayam thang durin the summer, so why dwell on the many reasons we feel are the reason they won?

Of course we're not gonna whine about the titles we win, cuz we're kinda biased towards our Lakers, but on the other hand, other fans of other teams are seein things differently. Just like how we see why SA "shouldnt" have won, they see it as we "shouldnt" have won either... But it's not the refs who play the game, it's not them who take our shots. So why continue to blame them? SA simply took advantage of the opportunity, just like any other team would...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:16 pm

exactly...refs do not play the game... nor should they ignore legitimate FOULS. Games are ultimately won by a call or no call by the refs. Notice how many times SHAQ was in foul trouble and sitting on the BENCH? He had DUNCRAP and Robinson fouling him everytime down and neither one of those two [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ever was in foul trouble!!! If your going to call a foul in one end then they should call a foul on the other end. One of the rules the NBA established was to protect the SHOOTER and clearly KOBE was fouled when shooting that 3. Then the REFS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about failing PHYSICS... WTF!!! KOBE should have pimped slapped his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!! That no call cost L.A. the SERIES simple as that. If that foul was called it would have given KOBE 3 freethrows and maybe we wouldn't be in the situation where HORRY needed a three. Maybe that REF shouldn't be saying how he failed PHYSICS but instead asking how to get that WHISTLE out of his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:16 pm

But it's not just about the No Calls the refs make... Even though they miss a lot of fouls, players are supposed to play through them, and expect to not get the call. Instead of just lookin at the ref while takin ya time upcourt, or movin and wavin ya hands up and down cuz there wasn't a call, just play the dayam game. Because of our turnovers, and the lack of momentum, SA clearly took advantage of the no calls, and what did we do; complain and failed to get back on the other side of the court. Sure I agree that they missed too many calls, and key fouls that would have been important to us, but u have to look at it in a different more broader perspective. "If" we "would" have hustled up and down the court, the momentum "would" have been with us the whole game, and force turnovers on SA. Sure the refs dictate the momentum of the game, but we didn't seize the moment to get back into the flow of the game.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:24 pm

We don't need excuses, we were a three pointer away from winning that series people...

Not to mention that George, Fox, Kobe, and Shaq were all hurt. Oh well, the ball didn't bounce our way this year, and you know what, it won't every get that far outta reach again. Not only will we be back next year, but will have a hungrier team, the same hunger, I, and all of you saw in that game 7 W.C.F.'s in 2000....

They call it a dynasty for a reason, you don't get handed that attribute, you earn it! And for all of those idiots who said the dynasty is over, I just sit back and laugh. As long as we got Kobe, Shaq, and P Jax, we are in the hunt people... No excuses, no fingers pointing at one another, no [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about kupchak, and no more saying Horry should go...

Let's get what we need, get Horry's old [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in next years playoffs, let him makeup for his bad shooting, allow Fox to return and get his, and prove to other teams that he is a difference maker, and most of all, give the ball to Kobe and Shaq. Next year has started, and if you don't think that the Lakers havn't been more motivated by watching the Spurs get the gold, your crazy.

You think the Spurs didn't deserve it? Hell yea they did, the played like champs. They stomped the Suns, Lakers, Mavs, and Nets in game 6. And I don't like it, but it's true. Give your Props to um... Because now, we're on a quest for the gold, now, were the underdogs... Now... we're hungry....
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:20 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:That no call cost L.A. the SERIES simple as that.

You have got to be kidding me. Spurs fans could say the same thing about the Lakers getting calls. As in all games, the refs will miss calls for both teams. So let's say that Devean George fouled Ginobli once and he would have gotten two freethrows and then the Spurs would have won by 4. Then a 3 wouldn't have made a difference. You can't keep bringing up the what if's. The fact is that the Lakers shouldn't have dug themselves a 20-point hole! What about that stat? Whose fault is that? THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS. NO ONE ELSE.

We lost the series ourselves. We didn't come out agressive for 3 of our games and as a result, we lost them all. We had to try and dig ourselves out of a double digit hole every time and came up short. So one call doesn't excuse a lack of passion and/or firepower on the Lakers' part for 4 games.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:40 pm

YES... we didn't carry the momentum, the Spurs had it all... They simply outplayed us, and u shouln't put the series, on a missed 3 point bucket. We weren't in it, in the entire series, and we never hustled back on D when we made turnovers. SA ran the court, and they beat us...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:00 pm

Ok, take it from the analytical writer...

The Spurs were not a better team than us this year, close but they wern't, they just wanted it more...

Don't blame the refs, you get out there and try to ref, then you can blame the refs. I already have realized the refs are idiots on both sides, for all the calls, so forget them.

We lost the series because they wanted it more, besides, without a healthy George, Kobe, Shaq, and missing (due to injury) Fox, we only lost the series by a single missed three pointer makes me feel damn good people...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion