TNT will not air Lakers/Bulls MLK game

TNT will not air Lakers/Bulls MLK game

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:46 pm

This is getting pretty absurd, I figured that the Lakers wouldn't get much spotlight... but is this franchise really heading towards toilet dome? first it was ESPN canceling the Rockets/Lakers game and now it's TNT.... it seems like people are treating this team like a pile of poop....
Slurpee22

Re: TNT cancels Lakers/Bulls MLK game

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Is it really surprising? Who wants to watch the Lakers with no Kobe and a bunch of role players vs the Bulls with no Rose? Kobe vs Rose, marquee matchup, Lakers vs Bulls as is, nobody cares. Hell our own fan base doesn't care, gameday threads have become a ghost town.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Weezy wrote:Is it really surprising? Who wants to watch the Lakers with no Kobe and a bunch of role players vs the Bulls with no Rose? Kobe vs Rose, marquee matchup, Lakers vs Bulls as is, nobody cares. Hell our own fan base doesn't care, gameday threads have become a ghost town.

The Lakers still bring something special to the TV audience, that's the only reason why I'm shocked that the NBA keeps canceling Laker games on National TV....

also I also have noticed that the game threads have become a ghost town... it's a sad sight to see.
Slurpee22

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Nothing "special" for TNT to hope captures ratings when the markee players as mentioned are out of the game, and even the "run and gun fun group" we have had on the floor now doesn't even have a legitimate point guard. No offense, Marshall. If you're offended then step your game up. You've been given all the feedback you need from being released by the team that drafted you >> trading you, and then winding up in the D league.
LTLakerFan

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm

^Proving people wrong is going to take more time than just a few games. Honestly, if he goes and AVG 8 points and 6 assists for the rest of the season, i'll consider him a successful reclamation project my Mitch.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Yes no problem with that and no ill will toward him. :beer: I hope he does well. He already has looked more comfortable after even the 2nd or 3rd game and definitely has passing skills and floor vision. Decent handles, odd shot, but at disadvantage with his athleticism.
LTLakerFan

Postby noobiew on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Not surprising and it's totally make sense lol. :man10: BTW we still have the TWC
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:47 pm

noobiew wrote: BTW we still have the TWC

Ahhhhhh... yes TWC... the crappy network that has cursed the Lakers ever since they made the deal with Time warner... the Lakers played a lot better when they were playing under the KCAL network.
Slurpee22

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:

Ahhhhhh... yes TWC... the crappy network that has cursed the Lakers ever since they made the deal with Time warner... the Lakers played a lot better when they were playing under the KCAL network.

Ohhhhh....

That's what did it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:

To address your post up further, these Lakers do not bring anything special to a tv audience, they shot like 30% last game, that's not good tv. If anything they may be doing our young guys and D-Leaguers a favor, sparing them potential embarrassment on national tv. As for the TWC thing, I hope you're kidding, we weren't with TWC yet when Dallas was destroying us in the playoffs and sweeping us out. We weren't with TWC yet when we got beat 4-1 in the 2nd round in 2012 either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 pm

I don't want to watch that game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:

We should start blaming Luke Walton.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Weezy wrote:To address your post up further, these Lakers do not bring anything special to a tv audience, they shot like 30% last game, that's not good tv. As for the TWC thing, I hope you're kidding, we weren't with TWC yet when Dallas was destroying us in the playoffs and sweeping us out. We weren't with TWC yet when we got beat 4-1 in the 2nd round in 2012 either.

I understand you completely.... however no matter how bad the Lakers do... they still bring that glamour that no team can match...
Slurpee22

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
Weezy wrote:To address your post up further, these Lakers do not bring anything special to a tv audience, they shot like 30% last game, that's not good tv. As for the TWC thing, I hope you're kidding, we weren't with TWC yet when Dallas was destroying us in the playoffs and sweeping us out. We weren't with TWC yet when we got beat 4-1 in the 2nd round in 2012 either.

I understand you completely.... however no matter how bad the Lakers do... they still bring that glamour that no team can match...

Really? Maybe someone who was around during the 90s can chime in, but i'm of the mind that if you play ****** basketball, people are going to tune out, no matter how die hard a fan you are.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Really? Maybe someone who was around during the 90s can chime in, but i'm of the mind that if you play ****** basketball, people are going to tune out, no matter how die hard a fan you are.

The 90's Laker teams, were very entertaining... this Lakers team has shown flashes of being a fun team to watch..... but MDA playing Robert Sacre and Shawne Williams has made us into a laughing stock.... maybe that's why the NBA is canceling Laker games on national TV.
Slurpee22

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:

I have to disagree, there's no glamour in our current roster that isn't injured. Right now I'd wager the average person would prefer to see the Blazers, Suns, T-Wolves, Rockets, Warriors, and even Mavs over us. There was no glamour in the sad roster we had to trot out in the playoffs last season with Morris and Duhon and Clark, and whoever else, it was AWFUL tv. And on MLK Day this year, nobody wants to tune in to see Marshall, Meeks, Wes, Williams, and Hill (as Pau may be gone), backed up by Young, Kaman, Kelly, and Sacre. This game being on the 20th I don't see Farmar, Kobe, Blake, Nash, or Henry being back. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry but you're looking at things through Laker-colored glasses. I'd bet most fans of other teams or casual NBA fans don't know who a lot of the players I just listed are.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm

With Kobe and grandpa Nash dead in the water then Pau faking more injuries why would anyone want to see LAL play?
BadCoaching

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Weezy, I agree with you 100%.... we are living in sad times... I don't think any Laker national TV games have been canceled on 2 consecutive occasions.... maybe this will motivate the management... who knows?
Slurpee22

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Is it really surprising? Who wants to watch the Lakers with no Kobe and a bunch of role players vs the Bulls with no Rose? Kobe vs Rose, marquee matchup, Lakers vs Bulls as is, nobody cares. Hell our own fan base doesn't care, gameday threads have become a ghost town.

The Lakers still bring something special to the TV audience, that's the only reason why I'm shocked that the NBA keeps canceling Laker games on National TV....

also I also have noticed that the game threads have become a ghost town... it's a sad sight to see.

well I also think the gameday thread limited posts also has something to do with the holiday season and people out of town. I can't speak for everyone, but I havent been able to post on their the last 3-4 games because I've been away and had to watch the last 2 games two days ago.

Like others have said, I am not to surprised by this either. I mean we barely have a PG in Marshall and a declining PF in Pau Gasol.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:11 pm

^It's definitely because we are losing, even in the previous year, around the same time, there was a good amount replies/views.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:^It's definitely because we are losing, even in the previous year, around the same time, there was a good amount replies/views.

I don't want to go down that road again, but yeah it's partly the losing, partly because Kobe isn't playing, and partly the holiday season. I'm not trying to call people out, I'm pointing out that even our fans aren't as into this team seemingly, why would a national audience be?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:23 pm

^ exactly.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 pm

I have no ill will towards people in our Laker family who don't want to watch this basketball, just pointing out there is an empirical drop from the same time last year. :man10:

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Espn hit us with the cancel stick too and the staples game wasn't sold out.

MELO getting that check from us :man10: :man1:
kblo247

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:I have no ill will towards people in our Laker family who don't want to watch this basketball, just pointing out there is an empirical drop from the same time last year. :man10:

Oh no I know, it's just the last time I called CL out for the empty gameday threads a bunch of posters came forward with legit excuses as to why they hadn't been around and then I felt bad. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion