Tom Arnold Bringing Kidd to L.A.?

Tom Arnold Bringing Kidd to L.A.?

Postby Seawell on Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:06 pm

On the BDSSP tonight they talked about an exlusive phone interview they had with Jason Kidd earlier in the day. Tom Arnold said he would buy them a house and give Kidd's wife a job at Fox :spin: John Sally down played Tom's enthusiasm but did admit that Kidd said specifically that he would like to play with Shaq. I know it's far fethced but it is cool that Kidd said himself that he would like to play with Shaq.
Seawell

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:19 pm

I would like to see Kidd come to the Lakers, but being the realist that I am, I have a hard time thinking Kidd will accept way below what he would get on another contending team. The only way I could see him coming to LA for what the Lakers have to offer is for it to have been a childhood dream to want to play for the Lakers. Or for the Lakers to sign him at this rate now with some assurance that down the road he will be compensated. Not too many deals are done this way anymore.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:12 pm

It will never, ever happen...

Right? :man3:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby swolswol on Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:09 am

Tom Arnold is a drug addict a str8 hype he cant even sit still on that damn show
swolswol

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:20 am

That's messed to say.... He's a fan just like eri-1 else, and if that's what he's sayin then so be it... Our Lakers are in need of new players, so why not look around the rumor mill, and take a pick in the draft? It just might be worth it all... I think GP will be a better fit as a PG, than Kidd here in LA... But both are good at what they do, and let's just see what happens...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby whats golden on Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:15 am

i love the sound of Kidd in the purple and gold. Maybe we would have a shot at getting a decent PF with our LLE if we had Kidd on board. Players like Malone, Howard and PJ could all be tempted if they were still going to be a third option. Kidd is a pass first, score second type player that makes everyone around him better. Imagine Kidd and Kobe in the backcourt that would be awesome. Plus we know that Kidd is a Cali boy who wants to play with Shaq - maybe we could be in the right place at the right time. I know i've got my fingers crossed.

by the way lakerfantilidie you'd think that championship rings for the next 5+ years would be compensation enough for a player like Kidd. Lets hope he sees it that way too.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:38 pm

KIDD IS NOT COMING... WRITE IT DOWN...... WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH TO OFFER IN SIGN AND TRADE..... WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET HIM ..... TOM ARONLD IS A HYPE, THOUGH I DO APPRECIATE DIE HARD FANS, BUT THAT JUST THE FACTS....JASON TERRY, THEO RATLIFF, STOMILE SWIFT, PJ BOWN, MALONE, J HOWARD, PIPPEN, AND GILBERT ARENAS (THATS A BIT OF A STRECH) THOSE ARE ALL REALISTIC PLAYERS FOR THE NEXT DYNASTY.... NOT J KIDD, JERMAINE ONIEL, OR ANY OF THE OTHER PIPE DREAMS THATS LIKE ME SAYING IM GONNA PIPE JENNIFER LOPEZ ITS NICE TO THINK ABOUT BUT NOT WORTH WRITING ABOUT :man13: ... SHAQ IS HEAVEY AND NOT AS DEDICATED AS HE USED TO BE WE NEED TO BUILD AROUND KOBE HE IS THE TRUTH WE NEED ATHELES NOT SET SHOOTERS
WAR GILBERT ARENAS OUT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby TheZen on Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:27 pm

If Jason Kidd were to come to L.A., two words....HO L Y S H I T...Kidd will most likely last longer than Payton in terms of years that they have left in career...and he would fit well in distributing the ball round the Triangle and create scoring chances for Kobe and Shaq while creating shots for himself...but still...there's no chance in hell that he would come in for the MLE, and if we did trade...how much must we offer to the Nets? :freak2:
TheZen

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:03 pm

NOT AS MUCH AS OTHER BALL CLUBS..... EXPECT TO SEE PORTLAND THROW THIER HAT IN THE RING TOO.... THEY HAVE SO MUCH WASTED TALENT THEY COULD PUT TOGETHER A NICE PACKAGE.... NOTHING WE WOULD WANT TO TOUCH
SWOL

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:05 pm

Well, I believe we can offer him as much money as we want, once he is under contract. We can give him the MLE contract for 2 seasons with an option to extend (and with J-Kidd becoming a restricted free agent) next season. Then we can extend him by matching ANY offer from other teams and we still have the MLE, LLE and VME to use as well...but he aint coming, he will re-up with the NETS....
Snakell Beast

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:10 pm

I think the Bird exception dosent kick in til like the 3rd or 4th year remember rick fox playing for the min for like 2 or 3 years
SWOL

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:10 pm

Swolswol, I think you are a little hard on Shaq. I think he was tired this year. I think the 3 runs, made all our players run out of gas. Especially Shaq. He had surgery, he was out of gas, and the hunger for winning another championship, just wasn't there. The fact that he met with the Lakers organization and hired a personal trainer, I think that speaks for itself as to his motivation for next year. Personally, as much as I know Shaq dislikes Duncan & Robinson. I know losing to the Spurs hurt him more than it would have if Sacramento would have eliminated us this year. This loss to that team :mad1: is burning Shaq up. Mark my words, he will have a MVP like season next year. I expect to also see a MVP like season out of Kobe next year also. His tears after game 6, let me know how much it hurt him to lose also. Don't think he isn't burning up, after hearing another player proclaiming himself as a KOBE STOPPER in Bruce Bowen. Expect to see Bowen added to Kobe's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] list. He will be right next to Patterson.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:48 pm

dont gte me wrong i love shaq, but his commitment to the game is a question..... you will never ever have to question that about Kobe.... When I saw his interviews after the I knew that killed him inside and he would workout that night or the next morning, .... Shaq just said "nothing lasts forever" I didnt see that fire.... Kobe has had a personal trainer for like 4 years.... Shaq has used the reg season to get in shape, he has relied on his God given gifts... Kobe has busted his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], thats the kind of player I can feel.... I think Shaqs personal trainer is just a way to side step critisism I dont see that fire, and havent since the first trophy.....I hope he shows up in shape I hope he proves me wrong I love Shaq Deisel Im just being real
SWOL

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:57 pm

I would agree about the fire not being there. But if you have followed Shaq as long as I have, he has always had the attitude that he won't change until something happens that forces him to change. When he first came in the league, he had no game, just dunk, dunk, and dunk. People started stopping that so he developed his post game, and passing game. Then he realized his ft's were really killing his game, so he finally worked at it to the point where people think twice about fouling him. He got away with letting the regular season get him in shape for years, now he know he cant do that. I know Shaq has $$ but personal trainers at his level aren't cheap. So since he got one, I'm sure he is going thru with the workouts. Shaq knows now, he is getting older and he can't get away with what he used to when he was younger, so I think after this experience you will see more of his pattern, of lesson taught, lesson learned, now let me do something about what I learned. He will be ready next year. If you think for one second it didn't bother Shaq to hear Duncan is now the most dominant player in the league, you are sadly mistaken. He will take that personally, and his anger will be taken out on Duncan each time they meet.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:10 pm

Hey I hope he rips Duncan a new one.... I hope he dose rededicate himself
SWOL

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:57 pm

He will, and I don't like Duncan. Never have, never will. People talk about what Shaq gets away with. Man, this guy does nothing wrong. He doesn't foul, and if you do get a call on him, he lets the ref know, I'm NBA poster boy, what the hell are you calling, and they never make that mistake again. It's been that way 4 years. It's disgusting. I want Shaq to put that same silly look on Duncan's face, that he had, each of the 3 years we eliminated them. Especially the look when we swept them.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Seawell on Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:07 pm

Like I said, I know this is a long shot but I just find it interesting that Jason Kidd could have said anything about any team and he chose to say that he would like to play in L.A. with Shaq. These players have to know realistically where they might end up so wonder why he would even mention us if he didn't believe there is a chance he could come here.
Seawell

Postby whats golden on Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:13 pm

agreed seawell and as i said in another post if we get Kidd we also go a long way to getting Malone for the LLE.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Return to Lakers Discussion