My Top FA for Lakers

My Top FA for Lakers

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:32 am

1) Gary Payton- with Kobe out we'll need a playmaker
2) PJ Brown- He brings toughness at the 4
3) Gilbert Arenas- youth and quickness, but don't know if he can play w/ Kobe.
4) Juwan Howard- good 15 fter, lacks D but, Kenyon Martin can't stop Duncan so it doesn't matter as much.
5) Alonzo Mourning- This can be Twin Towers part Two, kidney is a gamble
6) Karl Malone- He is old but effective, good work ethic, good boxing out.
7) Michael Jordan- Yes even Jordan made this list, I've heard rumors about him reuniting w/ Jackson.
8) Jason Terry- Not sure if he can play w/ Kobe and Shaq, Good pick up.
9) Michael Olawokandi- Not sure if he can Co-exist w/ shaq, but he plays like a true center.
10) John Stockton- He has not officially retired yet, but has unofficially retired, it would only be right for him to play wherever Karl goes, thet belong together.

Imagine having Stockton and Malone on the Lakers, that would be crazy, but more crazier would be MJ.
Laker brain

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:18 pm

No, YOU WANT CRAZY...here is a crazy notion...The Lakers sign Juwan Howard and Gilbert Arenas with the split MLE. They sign Karl Malone for an incentive packed LLE. Charles Barkley comes out of retirement and works out with Shaq and gets into peak condition and joins the Lakers for the Vet minimum to win that elusive ring he never got, Clyde Drexler's team in college gets a one year suspension of competition and he uses the time to get back into his best playing shape and joins the Lakers for the vet minnimum, Michael Jordan decides to join Phil in LA for the Vet Minimum and teach Kobe some vet tricks he doesn't know yet. Then the Lakers roster looks like this:

PG: Gilbert Arenas / Clyde Drexler / Derek Fisher
SG: Michael Jordan / Kareem Rush
SF: Kobe Bryant / Devean George / Rick Fox
PF: Karl Malone / Charles Barkley / Juwan Howard
C: Shaquille O'neal / Stanislav Medvedenko

We deactivate Kareem for the playoffs...
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:44 pm

wow, that's an LA Dream Team...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:51 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:No, YOU WANT CRAZY...here is a crazy notion...The Lakers sign Juwan Howard and Gilbert Arenas with the split MLE. They sign Karl Malone for an incentive packed LLE. Charles Barkley comes out of retirement and works out with Shaq and gets into peak condition and joins the Lakers for the Vet minimum to win that elusive ring he never got, Clyde Drexler's team in college gets a one year suspension of competition and he uses the time to get back into his best playing shape and joins the Lakers for the vet minnimum, Michael Jordan decides to join Phil in LA for the Vet Minimum and teach Kobe some vet tricks he doesn't know yet. Then the Lakers roster looks like this:

PG: Gilbert Arenas / Clyde Drexler / Derek Fisher
SG: Michael Jordan / Kareem Rush
SF: Kobe Bryant / Devean George / Rick Fox
PF: Karl Malone / Charles Barkley / Juwan Howard
C: Shaquille O'neal / Stanislav Medvedenko

We deactivate Kareem for the playoffs...

LMAO
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:42 pm

Guys its ok to dream, but lets not go overboard. These are the true possible canidates for free agency signing.

Gary Payton: Its a match made in Heaven
Gilbert Arenas: The best young talent that Mitch has a shot at getting.
PJ Brown: If we could split the mid-level exception on him, it would be nice.
Karl Malone: A tough guy with the heart of a champion.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:31 am

I really like SNAKELL's line up... and then we woke up... wishful thinking but ohh so nice
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:38 am

Yeah, my favorite PG of all time (remember I have only liked the Lakers since '96 so don't go crazy) is Clyde "The Glide" Drexler. He was such an amazing talent. I was so happy to see him win the ring at the end of his career. He was an amazing defender, and he had all around ability. He could do anything he set his mind to, he even set a record by dunking on an 11 foot 1 rim. The guy was strictly amazing...clutch too...
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion