2-2 Tournament For NBA All-Stars

2-2 Tournament For NBA All-Stars

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:54 am

Who would win a 2-2 tournament only for NBA All-stars. Each Player had to be from their own team. Each team would pick their 2 best players. I think the top 7 won finish like this....

1.) Kobe and Shaq (obviously) (i'd say gp and Karl too, but im gunna leave them out)
2.) KG and Cassel (i say this ONLLYY because garnett is on the team, he is such a hard matchup it will leave a shooter, Sammy, open)
3.) Nash and Dirty Dirk! (good shooters with the Pick n' Roll)
4.) Parker an Duncrap (they would cheese with the pick and roll, and duncrap would cheese with ihs 2 moves)
5.) Marbury and Marion (u cant deny marbury and marion can soar)
6.) Arenas and Jamison (arenas is a baller and twuan is good)
7.) Davis and Mash (2 all-stars)

I left out Kidd and Martin out because neither of them is a great scorer.
I left out Pierce and Walker because all they would do is HOIST up shots.
I left otu Webbed Feet and Babby Bibbo because they are trash. They are from cow town.
I suppose you could also say Francis and Mobley. Maybe.

These slighty may be out of order, i don't feel like going back and changing them, but tell me what you Laker-o-holics think.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Roscoe on Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:57 am

its not even fair, Shaq and Kobe would dominate...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:01 am

First of all, there's no such thing as "cheesing" in basketball. I'm pretty sure you can only do that in video games.

Second off, Duncan and Parker would finish 2nd. I have to admit Duncan is a good player, and Parker is a much better one-on-one player. He has mad quickness and he would blow by a lot of guys. However, Kobe would absolutely shut him down, and Duncan can't handle Shaq (I don't know why we didn't KEEP Shaq on Duncan the whole series).

I don't know why you left out Webber and Bibby, because they both would probably finish at least in 5th place.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:03 am

Ditto :bow:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:04 am

i left them out because they r trash that plays for a trash cow town. and i also really belieave that peirce is overrated and so is walker. they r not that good. their shot slection is atrosious (spelling?) and Peirce is too streaky to ever amount to anything in his pathetic celtic life.
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:16 am

well even if they are "trash that play for a cow town", you still gotta give them their props. i hate webber and bibby but they took us to 7 games a couple years ago. they wouldn't win the competition, but you should at least mention them out of all fairness.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:55 am

Kobe and Shaq would be unstoppable, no matter who they played. Too much size and skill to deal with for any two players in history!!
MIKEDOG

kobe and shaq all the way

Postby Ryan9900 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:02 pm

Most of the teams you chose don't even have a big man, like i seven footer. All Kobe would need to do is give Shaq the ball down low and sit back.
Ryan9900

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:34 pm

no i dont have to give [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] props. and webb and bibb are [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. GET OFF ME
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:12 pm

Kobe's Empire wrote:no i dont have to give [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] props. and webb and bibb are [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. GET OFF ME

get off you? wait hollon, lemme rewind that.... get off you? haha i feel sorry for you if you want to close your ears to other opinions. you're living in your own world. grow up.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:16 pm

hey idiot, take a joke u stiff [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. in all of your posts you seem to get defensive and make it somehow that ur right u fool. thats why i hate fools like u. chill. jesus christ. look who needs to be the one needs to grow up. stubborn [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

oh great now i get to hear you, bdg, go one forever with your comeback
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:04 pm

actually I'm not going to go on forever with my comeback. you're beneath me and you mean nothing to me. how's that view lookin up at my dick you little ho?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:28 pm

looll, reall nice, real nice. you do sound like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dont you? and if im beneth you, why do you even respond? its cool, i can see u got under your skin a little, a bit comical to mee actually, a bit irritating to you. you're pathetic
Kobe's Empire

Postby Roscoe on Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:05 pm

Haha, I guess I gots to break this gay [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up. You both have good points, Kobe Emp. its ok for you to think that CWebb and Bibby are crap, but you do have to give them credit where credit is due. They took us to the brink of elimination, they are a tough team, a tough duo. But of course the Lakers won, and the rest is history. You can hate on them all you want, but don't say they are crap, if they were crap they wouldn't be in the NBA...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:29 pm

Kobe's Empire wrote:looll, reall nice, real nice. you do sound like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dont you? and if im beneth you, why do you even respond? its cool, i can see u got under your skin a little, a bit comical to mee actually, a bit irritating to you. you're pathetic

ok, first of all, the correct way to say it would be that YOU got under MY skin a little. that makes you look even more "pathetic" when I have to correct you on your attempted "diss" on me.

as far as me sounding like "a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" I'm sure you know A LOT about how little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] sound, so maybe I shouldn't second guess your judgment.

i responded to you for the obvious reason. i'm not gonna sit there and take you calling me a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. maybe you might think that's okay to do that, but if anyone has self-respect they would stand up for themselves.

until you apologize for starting this stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], it's not gonna end. you're only hurting yourself here. i only responded in self-defense.

i know you'll come back and say that you didn't start it, but realize that it didn't get personal until you foolishly called me a "stiff [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]".

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:46 pm

ya it did get personal when u stiffened up and took this [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] personally. plus i mean to write i got under your skin. a type. lighten up.

anyway............mb for this [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. no more. i hate coming on these threads and argueing ove petty [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. (and yes PEOPLE, i did send a private message to him to resolve this)

truce?
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:05 am

hold on, i thought we were making a truce here? that's what you call an apology?

i hate to drag this out any longer, but if you were actually joking around (as you claim here), how am I supposed to know if you're for real or not when you say that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]?

quit telling me to "lighten up" or saying that I'm "stiffening up", because I'm not looking too deep into this. The fact is that you started some stupid name calling and I responded. How do expect me to take that?

and why do you need everyone to know that we talked over this on a private message? do you somehow need confirmation from other people to make yourself feel secure? what's the point of a PRIVATE message if it's not private?

i want to end this just as bad as it looks like you do. all you had to say was "truce" and that was it. however, you decided to try and put the blame back on me.

don't think you can try and take another shot at me and get away with a phony truce.

I'll let you try again and see if you can come up with a sincere apology and then I'll think again about this truce.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:41 am

lol, u r dragging this on longer. just leave it at that, i said mb. and i said it to everyone becuase u felt the need that i should put it on a public thread. im not gunna bend over backwards for some bs. i said mb, u leave it at taht or u dont. end of story. accept it as a truce (hopefull u will) if u dont, im not gnna lose sleep over it. imnot taking chances or trys to say sorry. i said mb once and leave it alone.
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:45 am

allright, whatever, this has gone on too long and it's not worth it. and by the way, i told you to apologize on the thread, not to say that we had a private message conversation.

someone lock this damn thread up.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:47 am

i know they wouldnt be the 2 BEST players on the Lakers.. but i think i'd rather see Kobe and GP together... more of a competition that way hahaha
echo nation

Postby PlayaHateUs on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:19 am

how bout....
Shaq & GP?
Kob & Malone?
PlayaHateUs

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:38 am

yea.. GP will always be one of my favcorite players ever so imma go with him and whoever lol
echo nation

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:37 am

The thing about 2 0n 2 games is that any team can win, but with Shaq and Kobe I don't think no Duo in the leage can match that.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion