Traci Murray to replace Rick Fox

Traci Murray to replace Rick Fox

Postby Big Olaf on Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:55 am

The lakes need 12 players and they are down to 11 now. Can you replace Foxy with T. Murray due to the injury Foxy sustained? I don't see why not, because that's the reason for having an injured list in the first place.

Any experts out there that know the answer to this is a genius!

I would love to see some offense out of the small forward position with T. Murray.
Big Olaf

Postby LakerPride on Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:16 am

no they can't. When the playoff roster is made it's over and done with. There is no going back. That's why everyone makes such a big deal out of the "playoff roster." Tracy Murry will never play a game as a Laker again....sad, but I won't lose sleep over it.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:20 am

I'm sorry but Tracy Murray is washed up. He didn't show a single bit of his game when they gave him the chances to, and bringing him in would be disaster anyway. Plus like it was said, once the playoff rosters are turned in, there's no turning back. That is the lineup you are trusting, so whatever outcome occurs, you must deal with it.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:35 pm

Murray is a liability on defense for his entire career.
He would do more harm than good in the long run of the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong he is a good shooter, but defense wins championships and Tracy Murray have never played D his entire life.

Let George prove himself. I think he can do it.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:53 pm

no they can't. When the playoff roster is made it's over and done with.

LakerPride is correct. The Lakers will have to finish it up with 11, although the Lakers are known to give rings to those not on the playoff roster, such as Penberthy and Rider.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:13 pm

Are you sure? I heard today that you could put Murray if they permenatly take Fox off... But then again, I may be wrong..
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:26 pm

a yo big olaf, you wouldn't happen to own the ice cream joint in catalina, would you?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:57 pm

It can't and will not happen. Once the playoff roster is made, they can't change it even when someone gets injured.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby zetaw00d on Thu May 01, 2003 2:56 pm

Trade murry, slava, walker, and some draft picks to get Howard or PJ Brown. And sign Horry for less. Fox said that he would retire if he got traded. Keep shaw he do well in the playoffs. Keep everyone else expect for the 3. Unless someone can come up with a sweet offer. But everyone on the lakers expect for shaq and kobe, no else wants so you cant really trade anyone.
zetaw00d

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 01, 2003 5:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:... although the Lakers are known to give rings to those not on the playoff roster, such as Penberthy and Rider.

Ain't that the truth?! :man10:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Return to Lakers Discussion