Trade Deadline Discussion: reports, rumors, ruminations

Re: Trade Deadline Discussion: reports, rumors, ruminations

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:40 am

TSpence26 wrote:hahaha I was just messing with you man... i'm sorry.. bored... nothing exciting happens with us this year lmao

All good - I made a mistake :)
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby TSpence26 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:49 am

let's do this!!!!!! team no sleep!!! our traditional night/morning before trade deadlines where we refresh the page every 3 seconds !! :jam2:
TSpence26

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:39 am

:man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 am

TSpence26 wrote:let's do this!!!!!! team no sleep!!! our traditional night/morning before trade deadlines where we refresh the page every 3 seconds !! :jam2:

I'm sleeping this one out :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:01 am

If we don't move either Pau, Hill or Kaman for draft picks & cap relief... I will be livid.
LakerFanIam

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:16 am

^^^ Instead of LakerFanIam? :man3: :disagree:
LTLakerFan

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:40 am

LTLakerFan wrote:^^^ Instead of LakerFanIam? :man3: :disagree:

Just sayin... It would be incredibly frustrating for the FO to not make another move to get under the Cap & to try to get a pick or two in the process... We'll see. Countdown has begun.
LakerFanIam

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:53 am

LakerFanIam wrote:

Just sayin... It would be incredibly frustrating for the FO to not make another move to get under the Cap & to try to get a pick or two in the process... We'll see. Countdown has begun.

Nothing is going to happen. Blake was our big move. It's all about getting the 7th pick in the draft and taking Zach LaVine about 10 picks too early, signing Marcin Gortat to a MAX contract in the offseason and extending Pau for 2 years 44 million. Sign Metta, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum in the offseason and pretend we are making another run at the ring by bringing the old band back together.
Savory Griddles

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 am

man that package Clev gave up for Hawes would've been great for Kaman. I dont know if we even tried but dam Kaman is much better backup C than Hawes and one of the 2nd was Orl pick, which is the 2nd pick of the 2nd rd at this point. I know Phi took back Clark but his contract isn't guranteed next year, we wouldn't have saved money on that deal if it was us but still 2 2nd rd pick one being really high would've been great for us as we have NO 2nd pick either this year.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:55 am

Savory Griddles wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:

Nothing is going to happen. Blake was our big move. It's all about getting the 7th pick in the draft and taking Zach LaVine about 10 picks too early, signing Marcin Gortat to a MAX contract in the offseason and extending Pau for 2 years 44 million. Sign Metta, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum in the offseason and pretend we are making another run at the ring by bringing the old band back together.

dammit Mitch, I thought you had better plan than that :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:01 am

khmrP wrote:man that package Clev gave up for Hawes would've been great for Kaman. I dont know if we even tried but dam Kaman is much better backup C than Hawes and one of the 2nd was Orl pick, which is the 2nd pick of the 2nd rd at this point. I know Phi took back Clark but his contract isn't guranteed next year, we wouldn't have saved money on that deal if it was us but still 2 2nd rd pick one being really high would've been great for us as we have NO 2nd pick either this year.

I would rather have Hawes I think... He's just a smarter player overall than Kaman is. Kaman is a black hole offensively, never sees a shot he doesn't like and doesn't make those shots often enough, and he's below average defensively.

Hawes isn't a brilliant Center, but he's a good offensive player. He has an ability to stretch the floor effectively and he rebounds decently too.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 am

underrated passer too.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:man that package Clev gave up for Hawes would've been great for Kaman. I dont know if we even tried but dam Kaman is much better backup C than Hawes and one of the 2nd was Orl pick, which is the 2nd pick of the 2nd rd at this point. I know Phi took back Clark but his contract isn't guranteed next year, we wouldn't have saved money on that deal if it was us but still 2 2nd rd pick one being really high would've been great for us as we have NO 2nd pick either this year.

I would rather have Hawes I think... He's just a smarter player overall than Kaman is. Kaman is a black hole offensively, never sees a shot he doesn't like and doesn't make those shots often enough, and he's below average defensively.

Hawes isn't a brilliant Center, but he's a good offensive player. He has an ability to stretch the floor effectively and he rebounds decently too.

Kaman maybe below avg. but at least he tries on D, Hawes from all indication doesn't even do that.
khmrP

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am

Hawes is terribly overrated (the Phly fans are practically dancing in the streets right now), and has a big dopey face I want to punch every time I see it. I'd rather have Kaman.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Kaman maybe below avg. but at least he tries on D, Hawes from all indication doesn't even do that.

Eh. He's an opportunistic defender I'd say. He'll challenge a shot, but only if he knows he's a got a great shot at blocking it. Howard lit him up last night from the post on some simple spin moves. Howard did... Yikes.

But you're right. Hawes is not and never will be a great defensive Center. He IS however a solid B offensively. Fits into the system he's in, moves the ball well, and still rebounds decently.

I'd rather have a different Center, but if I had to pick I'd pick Hawes.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 am

Detroit's shopping Josh Smith. Wonder if Houston would go after him with Asik.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby thkthebest on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:11 am

therealdeal wrote:Eh. He's an opportunistic defender I'd say. He'll challenge a shot, but only if he knows he's a got a great shot at blocking it. Howard lit him up last night from the post on some simple spin moves. Howard did... Yikes.

But you're right. Hawes is not and never will be a great defensive Center. He IS however a solid B offensively. Fits into the system he's in, moves the ball well, and still rebounds decently.

I'd rather have a different Center, but if I had to pick I'd pick Hawes.

Howard absolutely dominated him. It was kind of sad to see.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Detroit's shopping Josh Smith. Wonder if Houston would go after him with Asik.

Then they trade for Rondo with Parsons. Rondo/Dwight/Smith would be epic at the charity stripe.
Savory Griddles

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:13 am

Hack a houston all day.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:28 am

With the Andre Miller trade to Washington, Washington sent Eric Maynor + 2 2014 2nd round picks to the Sixers.

Sixers now have 9 (30%) of the 2014 2nd round picks. :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 am

lakerfan2 wrote:With the Andre Miller trade to Washington, Washington sent Eric Maynor + 2 2014 2nd round picks to the Sixers.

Sixers now have 9 (30%) of the 2014 2nd round picks. :man10:

Well, they have a 30% chance of getting that guy that falls into the second round and ends up being a gem.
Savory Griddles

Postby TSpence26 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:51 am

Can't do it.. can't trade 1st round pick because it will be a consecutive season
TSpence26

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 am

I'm disappointed we can't pull down even 2nd round picks. 2nd round picks are flying around the NBA right now and we can't get one for Hill or Kaman? Geez.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:58 am

dam, best we could do was blake for 2 dleaguers? deadline is done right?
khmrP

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:59 am

1 hour left....

Also, you can't trade our 2014 pick right now, but you can trade it on draft night.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion