Trade Deadline Discussion: rumors, rumblings, ruminations

Trade Deadline Discussion: rumors, rumblings, ruminations

Postby mooNwoLF on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 am

Edit: TC is no longer with us, but I'm changing this thread to a Trade Deadline Discussion:

TIME wrote:Creating this as a location for the inevitable avalanche of possible moves between now and the NBA Trade Deadline 2013 at 12:00 PM (PT) on
Thursday, February 21.

Merging.

Miguel Angel Paniagua: Rumor with some legs from Charlotte:
Bobcats could be considering a trade package of DeSagana
Diop, Ben Gordon and a draft pick for Pau Gasol. Twitter

LINK

This is a big slap to everyone if they consider this offer, we get no one in the package that can give is 10PPG+ every night.... this looks like a salary-dump to me.
mooNwoLF

Re: Rumor: Gasol could be headed to Charlotte

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 am

Would love a trade breakdown of this being good or bad. I see Ben Gordon in there, which means a back-up to Kobe.....after that, well..........like I said, I need a breakdown.
The Laker Link

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 am

Here's the actual tweet from whoever this person is....

Miguel Á. Paniagua @ pantxopaniagua
Rumor substantiated from Charlotte Bobcats study would propose a trade to LAL type: Diop, Gordon + round draft pick for Gasol.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Brooklyn still interested in Howard, no deal on the table

Postby mooNwoLF on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 am

Rumors flying about Dwight to Nets, Lopez to Wolves & Kevin Love to Lakers. . . more details coming. courtesy of @Jarrod Rudolph #CrayDay
mooNwoLF

Postby OX1947 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 am

Draft pick and a legit scorer off the bench would do wonders, at least we could draft someone.
OX1947

Postby WilliamHaven on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 am

Doc Brown wrote:Here's the actual tweet from whoever this person is....

Miguel Á. Paniagua @ pantxopaniagua
Rumor substantiated from Charlotte Bobcats study would propose a trade to LAL type: Diop, Gordon + round draft pick for Gasol.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

whoever this person is hasn't quite grasped the English language yet.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

the inclusion of ben gordon intriges Me I'd need Ramon Sessions with that deal we send them steve blake
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Re: Mega blockbuster trade in the works

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 am

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Herm24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 am

Source: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight
Jan 22, 2013 11:02 AM EST

The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.

Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that he still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Nets general manager Billy King has closely monitored the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or complement Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225723/Source_Nets_Preparing_To_Pursue_Trade_For_Dwight
Herm24

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 am

lakersStan24 wrote:the inclusion of ben gordon intriges Me I'd need Ramon Sessions with that deal we send them steve blake

The draft pick intrigues me, too. I know it's a weak draft, but I still think Nerlens or Shabazz could be a great young pickup.

Gordon isn't a good defender, as I recall, so I'm not so sure how this would help other than give Clark more playing time and maybe let Kobe relax on offense (like he would, lol).
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 am

Ben Gordon would be nice. I know he's struggled since the good old days, but the guy can still score buckets and we could use a scorer besides Kobe. Diop doesn't interest me in the slightest, but he'd be alright too.

What I'd REALLY like is Henderson/Gordon or something like that. That'd be fantastic for us and a great fit. Keep the pick.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 am

Lakers: Love, Brooks, CJ Watson
Nets: Howard, Ebanks, Blake
Minn:Lopez, Meeks, Morris
I am all in for this one
themasterphil

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks for posting the actual article where it says clearly at the end that Love's injury killed this idea.

Not to mention, Love over Howard? Poor choice. We can get Love in a couple of years WITH Howard. Pass.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 am

Gordon/Henderson/Sessions/Haywood........

Do it Mitch. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

therealdeal wrote:Thanks for posting the actual article where it says clearly at the end that Love's injury killed this idea.

Not to mention, Love over Howard? Poor choice. We can get Love in a couple of years WITH Howard. Pass.

+1
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 am

ben gordon is one of the most underrrated players in the league...the scoring bursts he had with chi in play offs were nothing short of amazing...great shooter...and humble guy who doesnt mind to start from the bench ...i would absolutly love to get him...
i dont know any play in the next draft...but we need some young,cheap players with potentional...
diop is solid 5min back up for howard...
but i would like if we could somehow get some SF or atleast tyrus tomas...i had high hopes about him...

this might not be bad trade but no need to rush it...couse i doubt it would put us in the play off race this year...
escobar8

Postby themasterphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:45 am

Gordon or Henderson/ Thomas/ pick for Gasol/ Meeks or Blake :jam2:
Last edited by themasterphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
themasterphil

Postby ElginTheGreat on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:45 am

I would love it if we could get Ben Gordon and Henderson.
ElginTheGreat

Postby TaniBoyz on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am

Gordon, Sessions and MKG + pick for Pau+Duhon :man9:
TaniBoyz

Postby themasterphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 am

TaniBoyz wrote:Gordon, Sessions and MKG + pick for Pau+Duhon :man9:

oh imagine this one.....our defense would be the same [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] as now but that would be really fast team then.....Sessions/Kobe/ MKG/Clark/ Dwight.....interesting
themasterphil

Postby nameant on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:55 am

Ben's scoring off the bench would do this team wonders. Also, Diop brings some defense. Honestly right now it's A.T.G.R.O.P.
nameant

Re: Brooklyn still interested in Howard, no deal on the table

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 am

no...there are maybe only 3 or 4 players i would trade howard for...everybody else...no...
he is our future...lets see him first healthy and with good roster...and i am pretty sure he will resign with us...so no need to trade him...
escobar8

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

Interesting rumor. I could see a deal like this getting done.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby John3:16 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 am

nameant wrote:A.T.G.R.O.P.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 am

John3:16 wrote:
nameant wrote:A.T.G.R.O.P.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion