Triangle, no scott

Triangle, no scott

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:33 pm

I know many want to see Kobe slaughter the league, and think that an uptempo offense is needed, but I present to you the triangle offense.
The triangle offense presents an offense that is a variation of the renowned triple post and a continuity offense. It is the flexibility of motion and the structure of continuity that allows this offense to attack both man-to-man and zone defenses, with all this said with the adjustments of GP and KM the lakers have perfect complimentary triangle players. The Triangle is a proven offense, although you need proven players for it to be effective (i.e bulls).
Compared to other offenses with Malone and GP we should have the number 1 offense in the league.
Dallas and Sacremento are offensive teams that run this offense.
Inbounder will call for the 4 or 5.
On "break" 2 and 3 break to there near baseline corner.
one of them (4 or 5) breaks to the ball.
Inbounder then tries to get the ball to the 4 or 5 called. (If he has trouble he can call help and the guards can break to the ball).
Once 4 or 5 gets the ball the guards then break hard up the sidelines heading towards half court. The 4 or 5 has four options, the last is the safety.
Once the ball gets past half court the players at half court break to the closest block. The called passer goes past half court but stays back as safety. Inbounder we always be behind the passer. Once on the wing the ball handler has2C and think that an uptempo offense is needed, but I present to you the triangle offense.
The triangle offense presents an offense that is a variation of the renowned triple post and a continuity offense. It is the flexibility of motion and the structure of continuity that allows this offense to attack both man-to-man and zone defenses, with all this said with the adjustments of GP and KM the lakers have perfect complimentary triangle players. The Triangle is a proven offense, although you need proven players for it to be effective (i.e bulls).
Compared to other offenses with Malone and GP we should have the number 1 offense in the league.
Dallas and Sacremento are offensive teams that run this offense.
Inbounder will call for the 4 or 5.
On "break" 2 and 3 break to there near baseline corner.
one of them (4 or 5) breaks to the ball.
Inbounder then tries to get the ball to the 4 or 5 called. (If he has trouble he can call help and the guards can break to the ball).
Once 4 or 5 gets the ball the guards then break hard up the sidelines heading towards half court. The 4 or 5 has four options, the last is the safety.
Once the ball gets past half court the players at half court break to the closest block. The called passer goes past half court but stays back as safety. Inbounder we always be behind the passer. Once on the wing the ball handler has three options. Either block or the safety and set up the offense.
The thing about these offenses is the 2 and 3 have to have a shot, and the 4 and 5 have to set picks, even thought Dallas sometimes uses smaller guys to set the pick. The weakness of these types of offenses is the triangle Defense. It's too bad I can't draw on here, a diagram would explain it better.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby OG on Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:50 pm

I think you have a great mind for the game of basketball LakerBrain
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:58 pm

Thanks OG, I really hope we get GP and Karl, it would be an incredible season.
Laker brain

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:05 pm

Nice description L-brain.

I'm always learning something after reading each and every one of your posts.

Payton and Malone should be effective in our offense. Multipled skilled athletes, like GP and Karl, should be well fitted to the Triangle.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:53 pm

thanks dog, appreciate it, I learn a lot on this site period. Im glad i found it.
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion