TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby nthydro on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:33 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Connected With Steve Nash

Thank you :bow:

I'm really starting to get a man crush on Cachooka :man10:
nthydro

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:38 am

nthydro wrote:I'm really starting to get a man crush on Cachooka :man10:

get in line
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KB24 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:22 am

lol you are too late...get in line. :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Have any DirecTV subscribers been given a start date for certain yet?

As far as anyone knows there isn't a deal done yet. So no start date because so far there isn't anything done.

Many people have said, and it sounds about right, that the first and foremost deal for TWC is with DirecTV as they have over a million subscribers. The numbers are such that TWC needs DirecTV in order for their new deal to make sense financially. The other deals will fall in line once DirecTV and TWC comes to terms.

But right now there is still no deal. Again, I'm resigned to the fact that I may not see any pre-season, but I truly hope that the rest of us non-TWC subscribers can see all or most of the regular season games.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby c.Lin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 am

I've seen Dave Miller on TV for two days now and I can't stand him. He's like a loud, over-enunciating, bobblehead.
c.Lin

Postby KB8SD on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Jeanie Buss touts Time Warner Cable's long-term benefits

The endless Twitter messages Jeanie Buss receives in her inbox mostly center on one thing — concern from Laker fans on whether their cable subscriber will feature Time Warner Cable SportsNet, which has a 20-year, $3-billion agreement to showcase Lakers programming including all their games. As The Times' Joe Flint reported, no cable outfit has agreed to TWC's asking price of an additional $3.95 per month to carry the channel.

Buss, the Lakers' executive vice president of business operations, conceded that she doesn't have the channel, either. But she relies on former Laker coach and longtime companion Phil Jackson for help. She plans to simply watch the games at Jackson's residence.

"Certainly we hope we'll be able to reach every single person living in Los Angeles and Southern California," Buss said at a recent Time Warner Cable SportsNet event. "I'm usually at the game. But when they're on the road, I'm usually hanging out with Phil since he's home. I don't see that issue coming up for myself."

Buss sounded mindful of the potential short-term repercussions over the new network. Some Laker fans could miss out on at least some preseason games should other cable providers fail to pick up Time Warner Cable's channel. Assuming that gets resolved, customers could feel the squeeze out of their own pockets.

Still, Buss hopes Laker fans understand the positive benefits the channel arrangement will bring the organization.

The Lakers have a league-high $99.2-million payroll, which will cost them an additional $28.9 million in luxury taxes. Starting next season, that burden becomes greater. NBA teams must pay a $1.50-to-$1 ratio for the first $4.99 million they are over the luxury-tax threshold, a $1.75-to-$1 ratio for being $5 million to $9.99 million above the threshold, a $2.50 ratio for $10 million to $14.99 million over, and a $3.25 ratio for $15 million to $19.99 million beyond the threshold. The Lakers will also have to shell out more money in revenue-sharing.

If not for the Lakers' cable deal with Time Warner, the deals with Dwight Howard and Steve Nash might not have happened. Likewise, such acquisitions only fuel more content and interest in the cable program.

"It's tradition and we deliver on what we promise," Buss said on the organization's ability to strengthen its brand. "That builds faith from our fan base and that builds faith in our business partners. It's also from the players' point of view. Not only are we able to make trades and have a general manager like Mitch Kupchak, who's not afraid to pull a trigger. That attracts free agents that want to come here because of the positive nature associated with the Lakers. I can't be more proud of that. We'll continue to do that."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 5352.story

So Jeanie Buss has Directv and Phil has Time Warner.
KB8SD

Postby nthydro on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Everyday I check hoping to hear that a deal has been done. And I continue to get disappointed :disagree:
nthydro

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 pm

OK, while i understand the logic that the TWC deal helped us get Howard and Nash. However, if we cant freakin watch Howard and Nash play, then what the hell was the point?
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm

OX1947 wrote:OK, while i understand the logic that the TWC deal helped us get Howard and Nash. However, if we can freakin watch Howard and Nash play, then what the hell was the point?

It'll be done eventually, just gotta wait this thing out.
XXIV

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

XXIV wrote:
OX1947 wrote:OK, while i understand the logic that the TWC deal helped us get Howard and Nash. However, if we can freakin watch Howard and Nash play, then what the hell was the point?

I know it wont matter once it gets done, but this just proves even more how greedy these corps are. They are gonna make billions regardless if they wait one month or no months. After all these years of (bleep) their own customers in the rear, how bout you do everyone a favor and do things off the cuff and do something decent and forward thinking. Just sad.
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:44 pm

OX1947 wrote:
XXIV wrote:

I know it wont matter once it gets done, but this just proves even more how greedy these corps are. They are gonna make billions regardless if they wait one month or no months. After all these years of (bleep) they're own customers in the rear, how bout you do everyone a favor and do things off the cuff and do something decent and forward thinking. Just sad.

I understand what you're saying, but remember we still have one month until the regular season starts. If by then there's still no deal in place with the other cable providers, I really do expect fans to riot.
XXIV

Postby JGC on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm

OX1947 wrote:
XXIV wrote:

I know it wont matter once it gets done, but this just proves even more how greedy these corps are. They are gonna make billions regardless if they wait one month or no months. After all these years of (bleep) their own customers in the rear, how bout you do everyone a favor and do things off the cuff and do something decent and forward thinking. Just sad.

It's not like TWC isn't offering the channel to others. They are offering it. The others are choosing not to take it.

Now, if TWC chose not to offer the channel to other providers, I'd agree with you.
JGC

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Game 7 NBA Finals Lakers Vs. Boston on TWC Sports Net right now.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Is there a stream up yet of this channel?
OX1947

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Well if any of you have friends or relatives that have Time Warner you can always buy a Slingbox and stream it to your computer :freak2:
nthydro

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 pm

c.Lin wrote:I've seen Dave Miller on TV for two days now and I can't stand him. He's like a loud, over-enunciating, bobblehead.

Agreed.

His homerism is beyond ridiculous. Nash a better player today than CP3? No. Just...no. :nono2:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Damn. Let's get this thing done already. Sunday's the first pre-season game. Ugh.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Game 7 NBA Finals Lakers Vs. Boston on TWC Sports Net right now.

What a game that was. I was sharting at halftime though, I didn't wanna believe that there was a possibility we could lose the game.

Any word on whether or not we'll be able to watch all of the regular season games on the channel? There was a possibility that we might not be able to IIRC.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Game 7 NBA Finals Lakers Vs. Boston on TWC Sports Net right now.

What a game that was. I was sharting at halftime though, I didn't wanna believe that there was a possibility we could lose the game.

Any word on whether or not we'll be able to watch all of the regular season games on the channel? There was a possibility that we might not be able to IIRC.

I think all except nationally televised games will be on this channel, including preseason.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

I think all except nationally televised games will be on this channel, including preseason.

Even for non-California subscribers?
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
c.Lin wrote:I've seen Dave Miller on TV for two days now and I can't stand him. He's like a loud, over-enunciating, bobblehead.

Agreed.

His homerism is beyond ridiculous. Nash a better player today than CP3? No. Just...no. :nono2:

lol Dave Miller always switches his stance. Wont be long before he hopes on CP3's nuts...last year he said CP3 is better than Kobe mainly because he got to coach him as an Assistant with the Hornets. Once CP3 refused to come on his show on 710 for an interview he changed his tune

Dave Miller is supper annoying. he thinks he knows it all. They should've hired Mychal Thompson to take Dave Miller's analyst spot.

Im having some $$ issues so I had to cut cable completely so I wont get TWC channell at all (unless Im at a friends house watching it)....so you peeps have to upload youtube videos on here if they have special programs lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 pm

The Original 81 wrote:

No idea, right now I'm under the impression I will have to get NBALP to see the live games. We will find out soon enough though. Either way the backstage Laker stuff is beyond great.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

No idea, right now I'm under the impression I will have to get NBALP to see the live games. We will find out soon enough though. Either way the backstage Laker stuff is beyond great.

There's a possibility not all Lakers games will be on the channel? :man3:
XXIV

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm

XXIV wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

There's a possibility not all Lakers games will be on the channel? :man3:

Yes, sort of. For example, away games will be on TWC SportsNet but they will also be on the other's team's channel which I'm sure the NBA League Pass will tap into. It's just the Home games for SoCal residents that we will be in a bind.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm

You're not supposed to be able to get live games if you have the national version of the channel. That's people who aren't in the local coverage area. Maybe we'll find out Sunday if that's the case. Although it's only the preseason so it may be different.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion