TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 pm

GinoDB wrote:well if that does happen, it looks like companies dont really care about us hardcore fans who analyze pre-seaspn games and sit and watch the whole thing even when unknown scrubs are playing. not that I expected them to but its interesting and really shows the difference between those who watch every game to those casual fans

Hardcore fans would go through extreme measures to watch the game.. no matter if its preseason or regular season
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby GinoDB on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:55 pm

KobeSystemtwofour wrote:
GinoDB wrote:well if that does happen, it looks like companies dont really care about us hardcore fans who analyze pre-seaspn games and sit and watch the whole thing even when unknown scrubs are playing. not that I expected them to but its interesting and really shows the difference between those who watch every game to those casual fans

Hardcore fans would go through extreme measures to watch the game.. no matter if its preseason or regular season

id say, I cant tell Kobe from Jamison when streaming from the internet, but I still watched the game on my TV with my laptop hooked up. and I already talked to a few relatives who have TWC if I can come to their house,lol, and Id bring food.
GinoDB

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I won't panic till Oct 30.

I don't really care for pretty season games.
D.B. Cooper

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:I won't panic till Oct 30.

I wouldn't call them pretty, did you see our last game? :man12:
XXIV

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:05 pm

They're negotiating a multi-million $$ deal and trying not to rape their customers in the process... why should they care about pre-season? I do, but I also am sensitive to the business aspects.

At least DirecTV isn't lying to their customers like AT&T seems to be with their agreement/negotiations nonsense... all that means is they've agreed to negotiate!
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:10 pm

XXIV wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:I won't panic till Oct 30.

I wouldn't call them pretty, did you see our last game? :man12:

Nice going auto correct.

pre season
D.B. Cooper

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 pm

KobeSystemtwofour wrote:Direct TV Rep: 99% positive by November 1st we will have this channel :)

^^ I truly hope so. Either that or the proverbial you know what is going to hit the fan. Especially over here!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFanIam on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
KobeSystemtwofour wrote:Direct TV Rep: 99% positive by November 1st we will have this channel :)

^^ I truly hope so. Either that or the proverbial you know what is going to hit the fan. Especially over here!

I voiced my concern very loudly with DirectTV... I think they got my point...
Work it out, or lose a customer.
LakerFanIam

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Can we get some more people to call Cox, I have called them a couple of times but we need to keep harping on them the same way all of you Direct TV customers are.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Rockford Punch on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Rockford Punch wrote:Yeah like others have mentioned, the static camera angle last night totally sucked, way too high.. but the actual HD quality was left wanting. Whether it improves with time who knows, but I'm used to a better high definition standard than that.

Well, you aint gonna get it with Time Warner. Time Warner is one of the worst companies on the planet. The only reason why they can stay in business is because they so many revenue streams that they continue to make buttloads of money doing absolutely nothing for their customers.

Actually I've had the service for about 5 years now(can't get satellite, no clear view), and the HD signals on a lot of the programming is adequate enough..

But this new channel, not so much. It's pretty ugly.
Rockford Punch

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Can we get some more people to call Cox, I have called them a couple of times but we need to keep harping on them the same way all of you Direct TV customers are.

I've called a couple times
Johnnyboy

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 pm

you guys are wasting your time calling...

i worked ten yrs in a call center.. 5 with ATT... when i would put ppl on hold i would just talk to my friends.. then come back and tell the customer whatever they wanted to hear.. just to get them off the phone.. noone is going to talk to a supervisor and if they do.. the supervisor is giving them lines to feed you.. even if they know or have an inclining of whats going on.. there is NOTHING a rep can do to either submit your complaint/request or give you what you want faster... its all about the guys with suits and ties.. and us with the headset leashes.. NEVER see those guys
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby TylerCaviar on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:23 pm

MOTHER FUDGE DIRECTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cussed out 2 reps and a supervisor. They told me I was only the 2nd person to ever call about the channel........told them to get a deal done by 5pm today or I am taking all 4 separate directv accounts I control to timewarner...get it done now!! i have a feeling losing 4 accounts arent gonna cause them to lose sleep.
The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm

reward the company that pays big money to offer you what you want, its really that simple at the end of the day.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby XXIV on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 pm

We still have a little less than 3 weeks before the season begins, hopefully as the regular season becomes even closer there will be more incentive to get a deal done.
XXIV

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:53 pm

I have Fios. I think I might get Time Warner for one room only.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby JGC on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:55 pm

lakerspomona420 wrote:MOTHER FUDGE DIRECTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cussed out 2 reps and a supervisor. They told me I was only the 2nd person to ever call about the channel........told them to get a deal done by 5pm today or I am taking all 4 separate directv accounts I control to timewarner...get it done now!! i have a feeling losing 4 accounts arent gonna cause them to lose sleep.

Your rage is misdirected.

I'm pretty sure those threats were empty too.
JGC

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

JGC wrote:
lakerspomona420 wrote:MOTHER FUDGE DIRECTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cussed out 2 reps and a supervisor. They told me I was only the 2nd person to ever call about the channel........told them to get a deal done by 5pm today or I am taking all 4 separate directv accounts I control to timewarner...get it done now!! i have a feeling losing 4 accounts arent gonna cause them to lose sleep.

Your rage is misdirected.

I'm pretty sure those threats were empty too.

Cuss out the reps? Wth did they do to you? It's way out of their hands man. Were you high?? Oh nevermind.
nthydro

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Um, I like the enthusiasm of calling and expressing how much you want the deal to be done. Continue to do so. However, cussing out a call center rep is like yelling at slaves. I know, I have friends who work in call centers, they can not even go to the bathroom without someone asking them what they are doing.
OX1947

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 pm

:man10:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I guess no one will know until they come to an agreement with TWC, but Im wondering if you have DirecTV but dont live in California, would you be able to watch the Laker games on SportsNet, or if it would be a "national" version of the channel the way that TWC has it set up.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 pm

I haven't called Charter....figure it's a waste of time early on...either they get it before season starts or they don't. But now we're getting closer..... :scurred: Has anyone else called Charter, am curious what they have said? Do they acknowledge it's a deal being worked on? I will probably call soon and let them know I will be dropping them after many years and switching to DirecTV if they have it and Charter does not.
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:I haven't called Charter....figure it's a waste of time early on...either they get it before season starts or they don't. But now we're getting closer..... :scurred: Has anyone else called Charter, am curious what they have said? Do they acknowledge it's a deal being worked on? I will probably call soon and let them know I will be dropping them after many years and switching to DirecTV if they have it and Charter does not.

I've contacted them through Twitter and they keep telling me how "negotiations are ongoing." If you do call them, let me know what they said.
XXIV

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:I guess no one will know until they come to an agreement with TWC, but Im wondering if you have DirecTV but dont live in California, would you be able to watch the Laker games on SportsNet, or if it would be a "national" version of the channel the way that TWC has it set up.

It's a national version and all the games will be blacked out. Still need league pass to see the games.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby jOeyB7000 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Well this is just great... Gameday and still no SportsNet on DirecTV. On top of that, AM 710 is still covering the USC game so it looks like those of us who were relying on the radio are s.o.l.
jOeyB7000

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion