TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:37 pm

John Ireland ‏@LAIreland
Reminder: @Lakers vs. Utah starts at 7:30. Radio broadcast STARTS on 690 AM, then moves back to our normal home, 710 AM after USC football
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby jOeyB7000 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Aahhhh Thanks a ton Doc. You're a life saver
jOeyB7000

Postby DHL on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:52 pm

fire billy mac plz
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby JGC on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Hahahaha, Billy Mac is horrendous. The worst is the stupid "cash money" thing. Ugh.
JGC

Postby OX1947 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:28 pm

JGC wrote:Hahahaha, Billy Mac is horrendous. The worst is the stupid "cash money" thing. Ugh.

I like fresh snow. Maybe one day he will say "Fresh yellow snow"!!!
OX1947

Postby JGC on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:33 pm

OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:Hahahaha, Billy Mac is horrendous. The worst is the stupid "cash money" thing. Ugh.

I like fresh snow. Maybe one day he will say "Fresh yellow snow"!!!

Haha. You know, I do love that he loves the Lakers though. He's just ... awkward.
JGC

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:56 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:It's a national version and all the games will be blacked out. Still need league pass to see the games.

Appreciate the info.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 am

Have a question.. if I live in West Covina, CA Will Laker games be blacked out on NBA League pass?
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby Gman1979 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 am

Lmao I was at the game last night.Everytime they showed time warner they booed the crap out of them
Gman1979

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 am

Yea and what all those dummies don't realize is that TWC is paying for this team right now. That deal gave the FO the power to spend and have a 100 million dollar payroll this season.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Juronimo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 am

Doc Brown wrote:Yea and what all those dummies realize is that TWC is paying for this team right now. That deal gave the FO the power to spend and have a 100 million dollar payroll this season.

Yep.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:40 am

Yeah yeah yeah....but that was in the off season....and "I" still had no TV last night :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby blakeruns on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 am

feel bad for you all, but i'm real glad i have TWC right now. it caused me some headaches for a bit, but then we picked up a the whatever tier so i could watch the NHL playoffs and now its pretty nice.

this situation is ridiculous though. my favorite sports bar has like 24 tv's and they had to get ONE time warner box so as of right now only ONE tv can show the Lakers. People call in and are so relieved, saying it's the only place around carrying the Lakers. Every respectable sports bar has DirecTV for the NFL package.
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby blakeruns on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 am

feel bad for you all, but i'm real glad i have TWC right now. it caused me some headaches for a bit, but then we picked up a the whatever tier so i could watch the NHL playoffs and now its pretty nice.

this situation is ridiculous though. my favorite sports bar has like 24 tv's and they had to get ONE time warner box so as of right now only ONE tv can show the Lakers. People call in and are so relieved, saying it's the only place around carrying the Lakers. Every respectable sports bar has DirecTV for the NFL package.
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 am

Doc Brown wrote:Yea and what all those dummies don't realize is that TWC is paying for this team right now. That deal gave the FO the power to spend and have a 100 million dollar payroll this season.

While I understand that part, what is the point of having all that money for this team, if we cant see it?
OX1947

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:30 am

OX1947 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Yea and what all those dummies don't realize is that TWC is paying for this team right now. That deal gave the FO the power to spend and have a 100 million dollar payroll this season.

While I understand that part, what is the point of having all that money for this team, if we cant see it?

Would you rather watch....Blake / Kobe / MWP / Pau / Bynum at best (maybe we trade Pau to not pay the tax) and see all the preseason games....

or

Miss the preseason and be able to watch...Nash/Kobe/MWP/Pau/D12....once the other cable companies start caving in?

I find it hard to believe all the other cable companies will be like mehhh, we don't want to carry the Lakers so we don't need to get a deal done, especially with all the hype for this season.
Doc Brown

Postby lkrfn85 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

We understand that. I was at the game last night - the first TWC promotion (regular 30 second spot), noone booed. Then in the second quarter, they flashed the logo, and had Laurence Tanter read out a 30 second speech about calling your cable provider to convince them to offer the channel, and go to iwantmylakers.com.

THATS when the fans booed - noone wants to pay to come see the Lakers to be asked to call their cable provider to participate in the fight between TWC and the cable providers. Its only when they mentioned, hey, we know you aren't getting the channels, call your provider to request it (basically asking to increase TWC's leverage), that fan's got upset, and rightly so. It was a dumb announcement, and insulting to the fans who paid money to come see the team play.
lkrfn85

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Good Point... I'm frustrated, but I know a deal will get done... TWC needs the other providers to carry the channel... Otherwise, they take a HUGE loss on the deal...
LakerFanIam

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I wish there was some way to get rid of the blackout on the national channel...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm

lkrfn85 wrote:

We understand that. I was at the game last night - the first TWC promotion (regular 30 second spot), noone booed. Then in the second quarter, they flashed the logo, and had Laurence Tanter read out a 30 second speech about calling your cable provider to convince them to offer the channel, and go to iwantmylakers.com.

THATS when the fans booed - noone wants to pay to come see the Lakers to be asked to call their cable provider to participate in the fight between TWC and the cable providers. Its only when they mentioned, hey, we know you aren't getting the channels, call your provider to request it (basically asking to increase TWC's leverage), that fan's got upset, and rightly so. It was a dumb announcement, and insulting to the fans who paid money to come see the team play.

Thanks for clarifying, that puts it in a whole different light. And props to the fans as I and they agree with you that was really NOT a good PR move. I hope Jeannie and whoever in the Lakers organization that has "juice" on this relationship with TW, and the "suits" at TW themselves....got the message loud and clear. I like that a lot....no booing when first they were up on the jumbo, but then letting them have it for this.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: and :beer: to the fans!
LTLakerFan

Postby Sean on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:04 pm

laker fans in the 909 and 951

In this article, there is a map showing a number of places that are airing the games. i found 2 close to me.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_21762407/laker-fans-have-limited-options-viewing-tv-games-southern-california?source=most_viewed
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:23 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
lkrfn85 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying, that puts it in a whole different light. And props to the fans as I and they agree with you that was really NOT a good PR move. I hope Jeannie and whoever in the Lakers organization that has "juice" on this relationship with TW, and the "suits" at TW themselves....got the message loud and clear. I like that a lot....no booing when first they were up on the jumbo, but then letting them have it for this.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: and :beer: to the fans!

The problem is... TWC has no leverage. They need the other providers to pick up the cost... DirectTV, Dish, ATT, Cox, etc know this & they'll wait to get the best deal they can...
LakerFanIam

Postby Juronimo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 pm

lkrfn85 wrote:

Well in that context it makes perfect sense.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby JGC on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm

I don't think it was a dumb announcement at all. Honestly, I don't think most of those fans really understand what is going on.
JGC

Postby Kasumi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 am

^^^
The fans ticked off enough to make the angry calls to their providers know what's going on. When I get stopped by a 90-year-old lady at a church craft sale to talk about it (was wearing a Lakers shirt) it's a clue that it's no big secret.

All the opposition I've seen, including a LA Times article, talks about lamenting for having to pay to see games for the local team. But what they're not saying is how much extra Lakers programming we, the fans, will be getting. More behind-the-scenes, more analysis, etc. If they were just charging $3.95 to see the games that we could already see before, I'd be pissed. But there is a product behind the price tag that die-hard Laker fans will love.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion