TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Legendary wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Legendary wrote:Haha, just checked to see if Charter services my area (so I can drop Verizon)....

They don't... :mad1:

Turn that frown upside down holmes....

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Time Warner said in statement it will provide more details on deal w/ Verizon Fios in a few days
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Hells yeah!!!!

I'm still dancing around the room! :jam2: :jam2:

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:but time warner doesnt care about lakers fans and a deal will never get done and people will miss half the season

You are partly right, they don't care about he people. What company does?
Johnnyboy

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Here it comes!
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I've got FIOS internet, but not cable TV; wonder if they'll let me stream it w/o getting cable. :mhihi:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby LakerFan1235 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

to my charter people, it said in the article it will launch the 30th or 31st. No worries.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby revgen on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:33 pm

BTW, there are spots in Irvine with Verizon FIOS coverage for those who want to know.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Re: TWC channel updates: Charter & Verizon Fios sign on

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Charter and Time Warner Cable Sports have reached an agreement to distribute Time Warner SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes in communities Charter serves in Southern California. These networks are the local TV homes for Los Angeles Lakers, LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks games, as well as in-depth, dedicated, team-focused programming.

Charter is making technical preparations, targeting launch on or before October 31, the date for the first regular-season Lakers telecast on the new networks. Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available in Southern California communities served by Charter in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) to customers. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available in SD on channel 215 and in HD on channel 787; and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available on SD channel 216 and HD channel 788. Charter customers can call 1-855-85-SWITCH (1-855-857-9482) for more information.

“Charter is committed to bring programming to our customers that mirror their interests,” said Allan Singer, Charter’s Senior Vice President of Programming. “We are proud of Charter’s robust selection of sports programming. Charter is the first provider of this brand new programming in our service areas, and we know that the addition of these networks especially pleases our customers in Southern California.”

“Southern California sports are important to our partners at Charter and we’re excited to work with them to bring Lakers, Galaxy and Sparks games and programming to their customers and our viewers,” said Dan Finnerty, Senior Vice President, Time Warner Cable Sports. “Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will help bring Charter customers closer to their teams than they have ever been before.”

In addition to live games, programming on Time Warner Cable SportsNet includes “Access SportsNet,” the network’s signature daily studio show that encompasses pre-and post-game shows as “Access SportsNet: Lakers” and “Access SportsNet: Galaxy” as well as “#LakeShow,” the network’s live daily social media-driven show. Original programming on Time Warner Cable SportsNet includes “Backstage: Lakers” (titled “Lakers Confidencial” on Time Warner Cable Deportes), a weekly documentary that chronicles the Lakers season from start to finish, and “Laker Girls” (also titled “Laker Girls” on Time Warner Cable Deportes), a five-part reality series that profiles the making of the 2012-13 squad and its members. “Connected With…” is the network’s signature interview show that features interviews with professional athletes, sports insiders and Southern California personalities.

On Time Warner Cable Deportes, programming includes the “Lakers En Vivo” pre-game show and “Somos Lakers” post-game show, as well as “Somos Lakers éné-bé-a,” a weekly show dedicated to the latest on the Lakers and the NBA that will include highlights, live interviews, commentary and other special segments.

Verizon Fios has reached an agreement to distribute @TWCSportsNet and @TWCDeportes. Details coming in the next few days.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 pm

OX after finding out these deals are going down.....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 pm

:man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm

^^^ :man10:

TWC FAQ 4 NE1 NRSImage

Where will I be able to watch Lakers games?
Home and away Lakers games will be on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes in the Lakers territory. The Lakers territory, designated by the NBA, includes all of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii. Some games will also be available via national broadcast.

Will I have to get Time Warner Cable to watch the Lakers?
No. Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are currently carried on Charter, Verizon Fios, Bright House Networks and Time Warner Cable. The networks are available to all cable, satellite and telco providers and negotiations to carry the networks are ongoing but have not yet concluded. That includes Dish Network, DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse, Cox, etc. These networks are available to all of these carriers and the negotiations are a standard part of the launch of any new network.

How can I let my provider know that I want to watch the Lakers on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes?
You can call your local cable, satellite or telco provider and let them know that you want them to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes. You can also go to http://iwantmylakers.com or http://quieromislakers.com to fill in your zip code and provider information and send a note to your provider or call 855-4-MY-LAKERS or 1-800-700-2827.

Why did the Lakers change their broadcast partners?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are able to provide Lakers fans with something we know they wanted…more Lakers programming. We are excited to have a partner that is focused on improving the presentation of the Lakers, both in game and with far more Lakers content. Those benefits, along with the long term security this agreement brings to the organization, made us feel that this was the best choice for the organization and ultimately the fan base. We are also very excited to be a part in the launch of Time Warner Cable Deportes, the nation’s first 24/7 Spanish-language regional sports network.

Besides games, what else can I watch on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes?
Studio programming on Time Warner Cable SportsNet includes “Access SportsNet: Lakers,” the network’s signature daily studio show that encompasses pre- and post-game shows and “#LakeShow,” a live daily social media-driven show. On Time Warner Cable Deportes, studio programming includes the “Lakers En Vivo” pre-game show and “Somos Lakers” post-game show, as well as “Somos Lakers éné-bé-a,” a weekly show dedicated to the latest on the Lakers and the NBA. . Other Lakers programming on Time Warner Cable SportsNet will include classic Lakers games, “Encore+” and “Lakers Compacto". “Encore+” will be re-telecasts of this season’s Lakers games enhanced with social media interaction. “Lakers Compacto” will consist of Lakers games condensed into a fast-paced, one-hour format. It will feature added sights, sounds, reaction and commentary that weren’t part of the original game telecast. More details on these shows. Additional Lakers themed shows include “Backstage: Lakers” (titled “Lakers Confidencial” on Time Warner Cable Deportes) will chronicle the Lakers season from start to finish, taking viewers into the locker room, executive offices and other previously off-limits areas to see the team’s key players and personalities make the decisions that affect the outcome of the season and “Laker Girls” (titled “Laker Girls” on Time Warner Cable Deportes) provides an in-depth profile of the making of the 2012-13 squad and its members. More details on Backstage and Laker Girls. Both networks will also air a variety of original shows, with details to be announced in the coming weeks.

When will the new networks launch?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes launched on October 1.

Will this affect national broadcasts?
No. Games will continue to be broadcast nationally on ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV. NBA League Pass is unaffected by this agreement and all the same blackout rules that have applied in the past are still in effect.

Will this affect NBA League Pass?
The rules for League Pass have not changed. Locally, all Lakers games will be blacked out on NBA League Pass, just as it has been in the past. NBA League Pass was designed by the NBA to give access to fans out of market, but not to preempt the local broadcast agreements, which has led to their blackout rules. You would be able to watch other teams’ games, but the Lakers games would be blacked out. This hasn’t changed as a part of the agreement with Time Warner Cable Sports.

If you are not in the Lakers territory, then to watch Lakers games you will need to get League Pass or League Pass Broadband. Please keep in mind that League Pass does not show preseason games, but this is the structure of League Pass, not due to the agreement with Time Warner Cable Sports.

Will this affect NBA TV?
No. When NBA TV shows a game, it is meant to provide national coverage to go with the local TV broadcast. The agreement between the NBA and the local broadcasters is that NBA TV will be blacked out locally. These are the same rules as have been in effect in the past and are not affected by the Lakers agreement with Time Warner Cable Sports. It is confusing since there are side-by-side broadcasts where a game is on locally (on Time Warner Cable SportsNet) and nationally (on ESPN or TNT) at the same time, but NBA TV functions more like League Pass, where there is no overlap between the local and the national broadcasts.

Will all games home and away be shown on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will show all locally available pre-season, regular season, and post-season Lakers games. There will continue to be exclusive national broadcasts during the regular season on ABC and TNT and on ABC, TNT and ESPN during the playoffs. The majority of Laker games during the 2012-13 season will be shown only on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

Will Lakers games be available via over-the-air broadcast?
No, they will be available via Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

Will Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes have online streaming?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are employing the latest technology to give fans on the go the most current coverage and updates in English and Spanish. Both networks will feature live in-market game streaming to personal computers and mobile devices, and an integrated interactive social media experience catering to the unique passions that make sports a community activity.

How far will the signal for Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes reach? Will I get the networks where I live?
The networks’ broadcast territory includes all regions that previously broadcast Lakers games. That area stretches from Fresno County to the north to San Diego County and Imperial County to the south. It also includes Hawaii and Clark County, NV. Full list of CA counties that can receive Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes: Fresno, Imperial, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Tulare and Ventura.

Will the same broadcasters and pre-game and post-game talent be used on the new networks?
Lakers broadcasters Stu Lantz and Bill Macdonald will call games on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Adrian Garcia Marquez and Francisco Pinto will call games on Time Warner Cable Deportes. Other Time Warner Cable SportsNet on-air talent includes James Worthy, Chris McGee, Dave Miller, Andy Adler and Mike Trudell. On Time Warner Cable Deportes, other talent includes Ricardo Celis, Martin Zuñíga, Enrique Gutierrez, Elmur Souza and Hipolito Gamboa.

Will all the games be shown live?
Yes, all games will be broadcast live. There will also be replays of games shown on the Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Time Warner Cable?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes can be found in high-definition on channel 403 and 481, respectively, on Time Warner Cable systems. For standard definition channel locations on Time Warner Cable, please consult twc.com and click on the “What’s on” tab for complete channel information. The networks will be carried on Basic Cable in LA County.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Charter?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available in Southern California communities served by Charter in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) to customers. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available in SD on channel 215 and in HD on channel 787; and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available on SD channel 216 and HD channel 788. Charter customers can call 1-855-85-SWITCH (1-855-857-9482) for more information.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Verizon Fios?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes and Verizon FiOS have agreed to terms. Details will be announced in the coming days.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Bright House Networks?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are available on Bright House Networks in Bakersfield and Tehachapi in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) to customers with Standard or Digital Variety service. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available on SD channel 113 and HD channel 1113; and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available on SD channel 631 and HD channel 1631. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will also be available to analog customers on channel 23 on October 30, 2012.

What are Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are two new 24/7 high-definition regional sports networks launching on October 1 that, through their exclusive partnerships with the Los Angeles Lakers, LA Galaxy, Los Angeles Sparks and the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), will bring fans more than 150 live events, extensive team coverage and behind-the-scenes access unlike anything they have seen before. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will also air live college football and basketball games and Time Warner Cable Deportes will air boxing and lucha libre.

Is Time Warner Cable Deportes an SAP feed?
No, Time Warner Cable Deportes is a stand-alone network with its own dedicated production of game telecasts and other unique content tailored to Spanish speaking Lakers fans – not a SAP feed. Time Warner Cable Deportes is the nation’s first 24/7 Spanish-language regional sports network. It will broadcast all locally-available Lakers and Galaxy games entirely in Spanish – also a first – and all of its content will be produced specifically for Time Warner Cable Deportes and a Spanish-speaking audience.

Where do I go for more information?
You can read the official press release. You can also submit questions to losangeleslakers@la-lakers.com or visit www.twcsportsnet.com and www.twcdeportes.com.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Directtv and Cox should be next. Pressure is on them now.
Johnnyboy

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 pm

dj vitus

Postby Chillin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:30 pm

lakerswiz wrote:WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT COMCAST :man6:

I don't believe Comcast services Southern California because Time Warner Cable bought them out in that region. I thought they only provided service in Northern California. Could be wrong though.
Chillin

Postby Chillin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I'm on the Central Coast and have Comcast. :/ I have KCAL 9 and FSN!!!!

Now if I don't seriously get Laker coverage at all this year I will seriously go OX.

Ahhhh ic, I haven't heard anything about the Central California region. The subscriber base probably isn't very large so maybe Comcast won't flinch on getting a deal done. Good luck to you good sir.
Chillin

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Congrats to those with charter and Verizon!

Now come on Direct TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby GinoDB on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

I got Direct TV and will wait for now, but its nice to know that I can switch to Charter if needed
GinoDB

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Janine Garcia wrote:Congrats to those with charter and Verizon!

Now come on Direct TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^Agreed.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Doesn't look good for Cox with these statements:

(Reuters) - Time Warner Cable, under pressure to sign TV distributors to cover the costs of its deal to carry Los Angeles Lakers games, signed agreements with Charter Communications and Verizon four days before the basketball team's first home game, the companies said on Friday.

"Charter is the first provider of this brand new programming in our service areas, and we know that the addition of these networks especially pleases our customers in Southern California," said Allan Singer, Charter's senior vice president of programming.

Time Warner Cable also said late on Friday that its month-old Time Warner Cable SportsNet and companion Spanish-language sports channel Time Warner Cable Deportes had agreed to terms with Verizon's Fios TV service. The cable operator said details would be announced in the coming days.
Los Angeles-area cable and satellite operators had balked at paying the average monthly fee of $3.95 per subscriber it was charging for two regional sports networks.

Time Warner Cable needs distributor fees to help pay for the contract it reached with the Lakers in February 2011. Barclays analyst James Ratcliffe has estimated that the local broadcasting rights will cost about $2 billion over 20 years.

Until Friday's agreements, the only fans able to watch local broadcasts of new Lakers stars Dwight Howard and Steve Nash were the 2 million who subscribe to Time Warner Cable and subscribers of the small Bright House Networks in Bakersfield, Calif.

Cable operator Charter has 553,000 subscribers in California, according to the company's website. It did not indicate how many of them could get Time Warner's channel.

Besides Charter, Time Warner Cable needs to sign contracts with satellite broadcasters DirecTV and Dish Network and with Cox Cable to carry 53 of the Lakers' 82 games carried by Time Warner Cable. The rest are national games that will be telecast by ESPN, TNT and ABC.

On October 24, Cox, which has 1.2 million subscribers in Southern California, said it was rebuffed in its offer to carry the two channels on a specialty tier that would offer a portion of its customers other sports channels.

"We are committed to meeting the needs of all Cox customers, not just sports fans," Cox said in a statement. "The price for the Lakers is one of the highest wholesale prices that we have seen."
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snake Eyes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 pm

^ But they did just announce a deal with Verizon. It can be done if the providers are will to play ball with TWC.
Snake Eyes

Postby OX1947 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Im never switching, ever.
OX1947

Postby EvoXR1 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I'm on the Central Coast and have Comcast. :/ I have KCAL 9 and FSN!!!!

Now if I don't seriously get Laker coverage at all this year I will seriously go OX.

Yo! fellow central coast guy here! Santa Maria to be exact. As far as i know... when i lived in grover beach and San Luis they carried charter so if your north of santa maria you can get charter.

but then again you said comcast so i figured ur either santa maria or lompoc.

Honestly i hate comcast and I have directv, and im confident they will get something done within the next couple days. just like a post on page 37 from a guy that had a friend from directv, they anticipate a deal being done as early as monday.
EvoXR1

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:54 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Eviiiiiiill!

Grandpa, you said that about all the presents.

Edit: because hulu doesn't work.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby revgen on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
There is some skepticism that TWC really wants to license their new channels to all of those operators. Derek Baine, a senior analyst for SNL Kagan, says that TWC would certainly want to make deals with other cable systems that don’t directly compete with their service in the market including Cox and Comcast. However, when it comes to so-called over-the-top operators who compete for the same customers, such as AT&T, Verizon and even DirecTV, they may not be as anxious to make a deal.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lakers-deal-timer-warner-charter-383601

I don't buy that for a second. They are paying the Lakers 3 billion over 20 years. Not all of that is going to be paid by subscription dues. Advertising will also play a part as well. They need to get the channel on as many platforms as possible.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Eviiiiiiill!

Grandpa, you said that about all the presents.

Edit: because hulu doesn't work.

...We also sell frozen yogurt, which I call 'Frogurt'.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion