TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Game 7 against Boston was the best day of my life. I've written lengthy posts about it somewhere around here.

I got the impression you didn't wind up getting laid though..... C'mon now....Lakers are important but let's be real here...... :man10:

I keed ... I keed .... that was a great recount of a great day! :beer:
LTLakerFan

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Cool to see Kevin Ding on Access SportsNet.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:You're not supposed to be able to get live games if you have the national version of the channel. That's people who aren't in the local coverage area. Maybe we'll find out Sunday if that's the case. Although it's only the preseason so it may be different.

You can get around it with a VPN, I'm sure, because you'll have access to NBA Broadband along with League Pass.

I don't think it'll come to that though....by Game 1, all major providers will have the channel.
kray28

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 pm

kray28 wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:You're not supposed to be able to get live games if you have the national version of the channel. That's people who aren't in the local coverage area. Maybe we'll find out Sunday if that's the case. Although it's only the preseason so it may be different.

You can get around it with a VPN, I'm sure, because you'll have access to NBA Broadband along with League Pass.

I don't think it'll come to that though....by Game 1, all major providers will have the channel.

i was talking about the national version of twc sportsnet. they have two versions of the channel, one for the local coverage areas and one for the rest of the country. the national version wont be showing any of the games live so anyone not in the coverage area would still have to get nba league pass.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby dj vitus on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Game 7 NBA Finals Lakers Vs. Boston on TWC Sports Net right now.

What a game that was. I was sharting at halftime though, I didn't wanna believe that there was a possibility we could lose the game.

Lol, I remember I couldn't watch the rest of the game after halftime (don't even remember why anymore). I was vomiting on the inside all night until I desperately found internet sometime after the game was over.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby WilliamHaven on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 pm

It is pretty cool to turn on the tv every night and get an hour or more of updated lakers discussion and coverage. I would assume it will continue this way throughout the season. pretty awesome.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Eyedol1933 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Does anyone know if Las Vegas is considered a local area for the Lakers? If this deal doesn't happen, I was thinking of asking my cousin to buy NBA League Pass for me there. Then I'd watch them here by trying to hide my IP address.

Is this a feasible/good idea?
"That's called body control, that's called ability, that's called KOBE BRYANT."
-Stu Lantz
Eyedol1933

Postby nthydro on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:18 am

Found this post by a member on LG:

"The Channel is showing up on U-Verse on TitanTV on 1777/1778, I think they are about to add it. I Hope."

I checked on TitanTV and it is indeed on there but the channel is listed as 'TWCLAHD'. But all the shows and times are the same as Sportsnet on TWC. I'm not sure if its an error or not but the channel is slotted right next to Fox Sports Net so the channel location is plausible. I checked Uverse's channel lineup on their website but the channel doesn't show up. I'm a Uverse member so I'm praying this is a sign that something good is about to happen *fingers crossed*
nthydro

Postby LakerFanatic834 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:57 am

nthydro wrote:Found this post by a member on LG:

"The Channel is showing up on U-Verse on TitanTV on 1777/1778, I think they are about to add it. I Hope."

I checked on TitanTV and it is indeed on there but the channel is listed as 'TWCLAHD'. But all the shows and times are the same as Sportsnet on TWC. I'm not sure if its an error or not but the channel is slotted right next to Fox Sports Net so the channel location is plausible. I checked Uverse's channel lineup on their website but the channel doesn't show up. I'm a Uverse member so I'm praying this is a sign that something good is about to happen *fingers crossed*

Prayinggg :man13:
LakerFanatic834
LakerFanatic834

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:25 am

I wanna give the #lakeshow on that chick in TWC Sportnet
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am

Wow that's definitely great news for U-Verse customers if true. Hopefully this means other providers (like Charter :man1: ) will be getting it soon.
XXIV

Postby JGC on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 am

:bang: I can't get U-Verse in my area either. Come on Cox!
JGC

Postby nthydro on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 am

lakerswiz wrote:

Wouldn't this be because the programming is essentially the same, but the national channel won't get the live games? And since we have no games, all the programming would match?

I'm not sure but the preseason games are listed on there as well. Here's another post by a member on LN:

"TitanTV.com is showing the new channel on channel #1777 on its Uverse listings. Right now the channel is not showing up for Uverse users, but last summer TitanTV showed the NBA League Pass channels on its Uverse listings about a week before Uverse actually added the channels so theres at least hope."

I e-mailed TitanTV to ask who provides them their info. Hopefully it's a done deal and they'll launch before Sundays game.
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am

JGC wrote::bang: I can't get U-Verse in my area either. Come on Cox!

I think I read somewhere that the providers are collectively bargaining to make a deal.
nthydro

Postby GinoDB on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:55 am

if U-Verse gets it first, then i will be giving them my money.

cant get TWC in my are, if I could I would have switched a month ago
GinoDB

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm

I have Charter and probably NO hope of anything before start of the season. If then. :bang:

But I got this email just now from TW telling me to bang on DirecTV as it was only 2 days from starting to miss games. So I guess that answers my earlier question, that my Mexican restuarant and bars everywhere don't have it yet?? Anyone heard differently from a Bar anywhere that they have pre-season games starting Sunday?
LTLakerFan

Postby nthydro on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Daniel Artest (Metta's brother) just tweeted that Direct TV is getting Sportsnet next week. Not sure how reliable his info is or how he would know? Perhaps Metta spoke to some upper people at TWC. Idk but this along with the channel showing up on Uverse's TitanTV lineup...could mean good news for all of us.

Then again it could be nothing :man6:
nthydro

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

where the hell is Verizon... :mad1:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:25 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:where the hell is Verizon... :mad1:

Over the Horizon.....

(Insert troll face here)
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm

nthydro wrote:Daniel Artest (Metta's brother) just tweeted that Direct TV is getting Sportsnet next week. Not sure how reliable his info is or how he would know? Perhaps Metta spoke to some upper people at TWC. Idk but this along with the channel showing up on Uverse's TitanTV lineup...could mean good news for all of us.

Then again it could be nothing :man6:

Some advice. Don't listen to a word he says.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kit on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:07 pm

F that clown.
Kit

Postby GinoDB on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Ron must have banged the girl reporting for TWC and got info
GinoDB

Postby Vito Andolini on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Daniel Artest is a loser. Made up rumors all summer long then admitted to making them up just to mess with people. Def not even almost credible.
Vito Andolini

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:Daniel Artest is a loser. Made up rumors all summer long then admitted to making them up just to mess with people. Def not even almost credible.

Was just about to post this. He just tells lies to get more followers, not even worth a listen.
XXIV

Postby lotus on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Bring back KCAL channel 9. :man5:
lotus

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion