TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Postby juninho on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:21 pm

CHANNEL GUIDE

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Time Warner Cable?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes can be found in high-definition on channel 403 and 481, respectively, on Time Warner Cable systems. For standard definition channel locations on Time Warner Cable, please consult twc.com and click on the “What’s on” tab for complete channel information. The networks will be carried on Basic Cable in LA County.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on AT&T U-Verse?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available for U-verse TV customers in Southern California (Los Angeles, San Diego, Bakersfield and much of Fresno) with the U100 package and above on channel 1777 in HD and channel 777 in SD. Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available in the U300 package or U-Latino package on channel 1778 in HD and channel 778 in SD.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Charter?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available in Southern California communities served by Charter in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) to customers. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available in SD on channel 215 and in HD on channel 787; and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available on SD channel 216 and HD channel 788. Charter customers can call 1-855-85-SWITCH (1-855-857-9482) for more information.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Verizon Fios?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available on FiOS TV Channel 78 in standard definition and on FiOS TV Channel 578 in high definition. Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available on FiOS TV Channel 79 in standard definition. In addition, the programming will be available to FiOS TV customers online and on mobile devices including smartphones and tablets in the future.

Where can I watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes on Bright House Networks?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are available on Bright House Networks in Bakersfield and Tehachapi in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) to customers with Standard or Digital Variety service. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be available on SD channel 113 and HD channel 1113; and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be available on SD channel 631 and HD channel 1631. Time Warner Cable SportsNet will also be available to analog customers on channel 23 on October 30, 2012.

Cox: Channels 70 SD and 1070 HD

DirecTV: Channel 691 (TWC) & Channel 458 (Deportes)

Time Warner Cable and the Los Angeles Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games, Beginning With 2012-2013 Season

NEW YORK & EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - (Business Wire) Time Warner Cable and the Los Angeles Lakers today entered into a 20-year, wide-ranging agreement for rights to distribute all locally available pre-season, regular season, and post-season Lakers games, beginning with the 2012-2013 season.

To showcase the games, Time Warner Cable will launch two regional sports networks in HD, including the nation's first Spanish-language regional sports network, with new state-of-the-art facilities in Los Angeles, to bring fans the most compelling Lakers content using the latest technology. The networks will be available to all satellite, cable and telco distributors in the Lakers' territory, which includes all of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii.

The networks will include a number of elements custom-designed for Lakers fans, including:

* A single destination where Lakers fans can find all locally-televised home and away games and a variety of new and original Lakers' content featuring behind-the-scenes, personality and classic programming.
* All Lakers games will be produced in high definition, with state-of-the-art technology and high production values in English & Spanish. The Spanish-language channel is a stand alone RSN with its own dedicated production of game telecasts and other unique content tailored to Spanish speaking Lakers fans – not a SAP feed.
* All games will feature pre and post-game shows produced separately in both English and Spanish.
* A Lakers news and magazine show throughout the season.
* Joint community relations initiatives.
* New online and on demand multi-platform content featuring the Lakers.

“This long-term agreement represents a huge win for all Lakers fans, providing destination channels, more content and more platforms for the Lakers, one of the premier brands in professional sports today,” said Glenn Britt, Time Warner Cable's Chairman & CEO. “It allows us to secure great 'must-have' content for our customers in an advantageous arrangement that affords us greater control over our own economic destiny for decades to come. We'll be able to fully leverage our experience in local and regional programming; we have been at the forefront of the industry with 24-hour regional news and 24-hour regional news in Spanish, and now we're breaking ground with the nation's first Spanish-language regional sports network, something that's tailor made for Southern California.”

“The Buss family is thrilled to join forces with Time Warner Cable in building the TV home for Lakers fans," said Dr. Jerry Buss, Lakers Owner. “Time Warner Cable has been producing quality sports programming for over a decade and the Lakers have been producing championship seasons for even longer. I am particularly proud of being part of the first ever Spanish-language RSN in the country. Together I'm confident we will delight our fans.”

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/press/beginning-with-2012-2013-season,1656401.html

so no more KCAL or FSW ?
juninho

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 pm

20 YEAR AGREEMENT? did I read that right?

And it says

* A single destination where Lakers fans can find all locally-televised home and away games and a variety of new and original Lakers' content featuring behind-the-scenes, personality and classic programming.

So no more KCAL and FSN then...if its a lockout all year next year, we might be watching the last games on FSN and KCAL right now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby TIME on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 pm

juninho wrote:
so no more KCAL or FSW ?

Time Warner carries both KCAL and FSW in their channel lineup.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm

TIME wrote:
juninho wrote:
so no more KCAL or FSW ?

Time Warner carries both KCAL and FSW in their channel lineup.

yea thats time warner cable, but Time Warner is going to launch its only regional sports network like FSN

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 pm

http://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/37277435175108609

Lakers leaving FSN West + Channel 9 after next season. They signed a 20-year deal to join with Time Warner Cable. 20 years! Details to come.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GinoDB on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:35 pm

a station thats all about the Lakers, nice :jam2:
GinoDB

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

^ man in 2013 Kobe will be old and we're going to be on the downside, there's going to be round the clock coverage on the lottery watch :man10: these guys missed out by 3 years

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GinoDB on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 pm

The Rock wrote:^ man in 2013 Kobe will be old and we're going to be on the downside, there's going to be round the clock coverage on the lottery watch :man10: these guys missed out by 3 years

trade talk and hopefully a show where fans can call and comment, its gonna be fun, lol
GinoDB

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 pm

It means that distributors like Charter and DirecTV will have to negotiate to carry the new channels.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:39 pm

GinoDB wrote:
The Rock wrote:^ man in 2013 Kobe will be old and we're going to be on the downside, there's going to be round the clock coverage on the lottery watch :man10: these guys missed out by 3 years

trade talk and hopefully a show where fans can call and comment, its gonna be fun, lol

They're going to make CL obsolete :man4: kidding

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GinoDB on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:40 pm

I hope theres a way to watch this station online from any country, or maybe someone from CL can just stream it for free :man10:
GinoDB

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

I guess they're gonna show some classic playoff games then :jam2:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 pm

I have TWC, so this will be good for me, but it will suck for those who don't have it. If this means less people will be able to watch Lakers games unless they subscribe to TWC, I'm against this deal, even if it benefits me. We fans don't deserve to get shortchanged because of the cable/satellite systems we choose to subscribe to and watch (or don't).
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby LakersRulez on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm not happy with this decision because there are a lot of people out there that can't afford cable. This suck big time!
LakersRulez

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 pm

LakersRulez wrote:I'm not happy with this decision because there are a lot of people out there that can't afford cable. This suck big time!

Exactly. A lot of people don't get cable or satellite TV, and even the ones who do won't be able to see the games if they're not TWC customers.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby kray28 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 pm

So no more Fox Sports West?

BTW: Isn't Fox Sports West a cable channel itself. How do people in LA watch home games if they don't have cable. The consequence of this deal is that now the local market loses road games (on KCAL) over the air as well.

So no more Lakers games broadcast OTA?
kray28

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 pm

kray28 wrote:So no more Fox Sports West?

BTW: Isn't Fox Sports West a cable channel itself. How do people in LA watch home games if they don't have cable. The consequence of this deal is that now the local market loses road games (on KCAL) over the air as well.

So no more Lakers games broadcast OTA?

No more Lakers on FSW or KCAL, if I'm reading the news correctly.

You're right, people can't watch home games unless they get FSW, unless there's way to do it online.
Last edited by mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby GinoDB on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
LakersRulez wrote:I'm not happy with this decision because there are a lot of people out there that can't afford cable. This suck big time!

Exactly. A lot of people don't get cable or satellite TV, and even the ones who do won't be able to see the games if they're not TWC customers.

its a new channel/network , Im sure some providers will be able to get it from Time Warner

Direct TV will probably hate doing it but they are gonna have to deal with Time Warner if they want to keep their LA customers
GinoDB

Postby LakersRulez on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:24 pm

You read it right! I wonder if there is a bigger issue here :mad1: . We are know that Dr. Buss is one of the poorest NBA owners comparing to other Billionaries owners. Is he trying to make more money for bigger players by then :man3: The biggest issues that I have is that you pay good money for cable/satelite but you get most of the junk channels.
Last edited by LakersRulez on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakersRulez

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 pm

GinoDB wrote:

its a new channel/network , Im sure some providers will be able to get it from Time Warner

Direct TV will probably hate doing it but they are gonna have to deal with Time Warner if they want to keep their LA customers

The question is if the other cable and satellite providers will be willing to pay enough to TWC to be able to carry the Lakers network on their own systems. I hope that's the case, but then the worry will be if we'll end up paying more if we want to watch the games.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm

LakersRulez wrote:

You read it right! I wonder if there is a bigger issue here :mad1: . We are know that Dr. Buss is not one of the richest NBA owners like those other Billionaries. Is he trying to make more money for bigger players by then :man3:

I hope that's not the case. For now, I see it as TWC trying to monopolize Lakers coverage.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:47 pm

GinoDB wrote:its a new channel/network , Im sure some providers will be able to get it from Time Warner

The question is if the other cable and satellite providers will be willing to pay enough to TWC to be able to carry the Lakers network on their own systems. I hope that's the case, but then the worry will be if we'll end up paying more if we want to watch the games.

I think it would be mutually beneficial for the cable providers and time warner to work it out. I think they'll work out a new deal.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby socallakerlove on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:52 pm

The Lakers aren't stupid. When they have a station deal they get money which must go toward the players. But if they own their own station, that is providing them with more money that they don't have to share with the players. They will still pay the players regardless, but this will make the Buss Family much more money.

And every provider will pay the service to have it carried. Stuff like this always comes up. At the end of the day it will be at a price which will turn more of a profit by them paying then losing all the business when people complain.

And the Lakers won't be the only team. Look out for the Dodgers. Which is why Jamie McCourt hasn't settled because she doesn't want to lose out of the potential income from a TV station should Frank run and do that after they settle.

A Hockey team will probably jump in too, or the Football team if they get it.
socallakerlove

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 pm

^Great post, socallakerlove. I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head here.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

i wonder if joel and stu are gonna get replaced. hopefully not.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion