TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC, Charter, Verizon, AT&T Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote::haterade:

OX: well a smilie would've helped that you weren't serious..kinda like the one I used for your post just now. :man12: ...and right there again.

And in case you're hella confused, my name ain't Nancy.

I do not put smiley faces, not my thing. But so you know, I have no intent, ever, to degrade or denagrade anyone on a message board. Anyone can be a tough guy miles away on a keyboard, that isn't my style. I prefer to entertain and opinionate 100% of the time.

My palm is approaching my face.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:04 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote::haterade:

OX: well a smilie would've helped that you weren't serious..kinda like the one I used for your post just now. :man12: ...and right there again.

And in case you're hella confused, my name ain't Nancy.

I do not put smiley faces, not my thing. But so you know, I have no intent, ever, to degrade or denagrade anyone on a message board. Anyone can be a tough guy miles away on a keyboard, that isn't my style. I prefer to entertain and opinionate 100% of the time.

My palm is approaching my face.

That breaks my heart. :(
OX1947

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Well....OK. If whoever is responsible for what goes out edited from this channel on the Lakers up close and personal doesn't care, then they deserve to get dinged on production values from what I mentioned above and gave them props.

Gasol was just being interviewed from today and his entire left side neck and face is blown out too high at upper end where there should be detail. Duh. Camera guy's screw up. But not so bad it couldn't have easily been fixed in post before they let it out there tonight. Really easy . And it just blew right on by. :disagree:

But first shots of Ireland on the court at court level look state of the art. These cameras tend to look amazing. That is what counts. Now give us fabulous upper main cameras and we all can give a' hell yeah'!

I bounced over to TNT early 4th quarter Celts and Heat, and I am amazed. The same freaking camera or two that I was ragging about a few days ago, are again bit starved and you get all these "blocky" groups of pixels. Block artifacts. TNT was solid two years ago plus really fine with their beautiful signal and colors especially the golds and blacks at Staples. Watching on large projection now. Just sharing. I take this seriously with what my monthly Charter bill is. I think DirecTV would be maybe cheaper and is as good reportedly or better in PQ.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Whooot Whooot Whooot!! This is genius Charter, at least on my feed I have been switched after all this programming and the pre game show to a SOCCER match at 7:30pm. WTF!!!!!! Anyone else?

Switching to TNT :bang:

Edit..... OK phew once the feed on TNT switched to L.A. for game time after being on hold, the TWSN feed dropped the soccer game and went into their Lakers intro.

Edit....NOOOOOO!!! It's back on the soccer game here :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 pm

What did other Charter people have? Was I the only one with a soccer match?? Had to watch the whole crappy loss on TNT.
LTLakerFan

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:52 pm

This game was TNT-exclusive.

The season opener was NOT being broadcast on TWCSN.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 pm

oh crap that's right. saw Ireland doing an update down on the floor just before the start and forgot that....sorry
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersdominate on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 pm

i have charter basic cable ,i read in another post that all i need is to get the digital cable box receiver to watch the TWC Laker channels? im not familiar with how those cable boxes work and i think charter charges $5.00 per month as a rental fee. if i bought my own will i still be able to use it and possibly see the games, does anyone know ? thanks for your help.
lakersdominate

Postby LakerFanatic834 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 am

Has U-Verse turned the channel on? I still dont have a 1777
LakerFanatic834
LakerFanatic834

Postby Legendary on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am

Verizon customers...TWC Sportsnet is live now on FIOS. 78 for SD, 578 for HD.

The aspect ratio looks to be wrong on the SD channel for me...anyone else with FiOS seeing the same thing? The HD channel is fine though...
Legendary

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

^Thanks for that! Both channels look fine to me...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Legendary on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 am

^
Ok. Yeah, the aspect ratio is wrong for 4:3 tvs, like a 16:9 signal is being sent to both channels. On my HDTV both channels are good though. This happened in my area before, and Verizon eventually got it sorted out on their end. I'll be watching the HD feed anyway, so it's no big deal.
Legendary

Postby mrnr on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:21 am

Fios Customer here and my Channels 78-578 are up and Running WoooooooWhoooooooo
mrnr

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 am

LakerFanatic834 wrote:Has U-Verse turned the channel on? I still dont have a 1777

Been up since yesterday.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 am

Charter is coming to install a box in the tv room on Saturday!
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:19 pm

I love the Lakers. I have been a passionate fan since the early 80's with Magic, Kareem, Worthy. I am obviously disappointed that a deal has not been struck with DirecTV as of yet, but to be quite honest with you, I am very busy these days, and it's often hard to find the time(aside from a Friday night game), to actually sit and enjoy a full game.
Again, I love the Lakers, but I've just used the time to spend more time with my family(i.e. board games, nature hikes, reading books, writing a play, piano). Not to mention, I have two mortgages I pay for(Hawaii and Las Vegas), two girls who attend private school that costs me roughly $40,000....A YEAR!! :hurl: A grandparent who is receiving chemotherapy and cancer treatment on us. Again, I love the Lakers, but I honestly have way more important things to worry about right now. However, once DirectTV gets a deal...GREAT! If not...that's a not a big deal either, and I'll just watch the national broadcasts, or bring dinner to my neighbor(who is a hardcore Laker fan) who has Oceanic Time Warner, and watch the games at their pad. The key to life is being able to be flexible and adjust.
LAKEROC

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 pm

KobeSystemtwofour wrote:Charter is coming to install a box in the tv room on Saturday!

How much do they charge? I've been wanting to get an extra one.
XXIV

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm

XXIV wrote:
KobeSystemtwofour wrote:Charter is coming to install a box in the tv room on Saturday!

I got the cheapest bundle.. 44 a month
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

KobeSystemtwofour wrote:
XXIV wrote:

I got the cheapest bundle.. 44 a month

Dang, 44 a month for just another cable box? I thought it was around the 5-10 dollar range.
XXIV

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm

I just contacted Charter and they told me if you already have a DVR box and you just want a standard cable box (whether HD or SD) it'll cost $30 for the installation and $5/month.
XXIV

Postby lotus on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 pm

LAKEROC wrote:I love the Lakers. I have been a passionate fan since the early 80's with Magic, Kareem, Worthy. I am obviously disappointed that a deal has not been struck with DirecTV as of yet, but to be quite honest with you, I am very busy these days, and it's often hard to find the time(aside from a Friday night game), to actually sit and enjoy a full game.

The key to life is being able to be flexible and adjust.

Cosign.
lotus

Postby KB8SD on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 pm

LAKEROC wrote:I love the Lakers. I have been a passionate fan since the early 80's with Magic, Kareem, Worthy. I am obviously disappointed that a deal has not been struck with DirecTV as of yet, but to be quite honest with you, I am very busy these days, and it's often hard to find the time(aside from a Friday night game), to actually sit and enjoy a full game.
Again, I love the Lakers, but I've just used the time to spend more time with my family(i.e. board games, nature hikes, reading books, writing a play, piano). Not to mention, I have two mortgages I pay for(Hawaii and Las Vegas), two girls who attend private school that costs me roughly $40,000....A YEAR!! :hurl: A grandparent who is receiving chemotherapy and cancer treatment on us. Again, I love the Lakers, but I honestly have way more important things to worry about right now. However, once DirectTV gets a deal...GREAT! If not...that's a not a big deal either, and I'll just watch the national broadcasts, or bring dinner to my neighbor(who is a hardcore Laker fan) who has Oceanic Time Warner, and watch the games at their pad. The key to life is being able to be flexible and adjust.

That's why they invented the DVR for.So that you can watch the Lakers or whatever TV programming whenever you want to.The Lakers channel also replay's a condensed shorter & sped up version of Laker games.

Now regarding Directv.Honestly if you are out of contract and have no Early Termination Fee and Verizon Fios, AT&T U-Verse is available in your area I'd switch.

In fact my situation right now sucks since I signed up for Directv 4 months ago and now would be hit with a $400 ETF fee if I canceled right now.But what I'm doing since I do have the option is I'm suspending my Directv account so that I won't have to pay their monthly fee.I'm switching to AT&T U-Verse and have an appointment for them to come out and install on 11-6.AT&T U-Verse is giving me a $300 gift card since I am new customer and I will use that to pay Directv's ETF fee.

Bottom line is I really REGRET signing up for Directv.No Lakers channel, no PAC 12 Network and a horrible 2 year contract agreement.
KB8SD

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 pm

It's quite comical. Tonight, there will be thousands of bars in LA that wont be showing the Lakers. How does that happen these days.
OX1947

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Watching 2000 playoffs vs portland on TWC
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion