TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC, Charter, Verizon, AT&T Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Sounds like baloney to me. Foxsports has already offered the Dodgers $3 billion. The cost for subscribers is going up no matter which company pays the money.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

I am going to call every week and get discounts until the Lakers come on. I am a torrent master and internet streamer, so if I have to watch stream or torrent the laker games, so be it.
OX1947

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Twc is nothing but a greedy, mega corporation. Their cable quality is utter crap and they regularly raise their internet rates. I view Directv as a reasonable company. Twc is simply trying to stick it to them and i applaud Directv for standing up for themselves. I will not switch to Twc even if it means not watching some Laker games.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm

It's also funny how Twc is charging Directv $3.95 per subscriber. That's the amount they raised my internet bill per month. Is that crazy or what? To raise a customer's bill $4 just like that? Twc regularly raise their rates to. Greedy sobs.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:It's also funny how Twc is charging Directv $3.95 per subscriber. That's the amount they raised my internet bill per month. Is that crazy or what? To raise a customer's bill $4 just like that? Twc regularly raise their rates to. Greedy sobs.

Oh boy. Just wanted to give you heads up, you might get some backlash from this.
OX1947

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm

OX1947 wrote:Just called DirecTV and threatened to cancel for Time Warner, they took off 8 bucks off my bill and gave me Showtime and The Movie Channel for free for a year. Hey, it's business.

Lol. Yeah, i did that too in the past. They don't want people to leave so they offer discounts. Also did it for my parent's service. I might do it again using the Laker excuse. Lol.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:16 pm

icencream27 wrote:called DirecTV calling to cancel

they gave us Free HBO Showtime-Cinemax for a year----Free NFL Ticket and NFL Ticket Max--- and $10 off a month.

:man1: :man1:

Lol.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Two amazing performances at Staples tonight. Kobe Bryant playing 43 minutes on a bad foot putting up the numbers he did and the beautiful picture from TWC. Just saying. Like everyone else I'm bummed with how this season has gone so far, and it sucks many here still do not have the games on their provider. But that signal from Staples tonight was amazing! Smoked ESPN and Prime Ticket which were clean themselves. Props where they're due in that regard.
LTLakerFan

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Well works out in a crappy way - As a Cox subsciber, I'm in no rush to buy TWC SportsNet if Mike Brown is still the coach
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 pm

I've been watching all the Lakers-related content on TWC since the channel went online.

With all the hype leading up to the season, you have to wonder how TWC will respond if Brown stays, the Lakers sh*t the bed, miss the playoffs, etc.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 pm

purp n gold wrote:Well works out in a crappy way - As a Cox subsciber, I'm in no rush to buy TWC SportsNet if Mike Brown is still the coach

I think you might have just answered my question. :man12:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm

yeah, I'm going to wait it out with Direct TV. i like their service. Still, I need to watch the games regardless if we suck.
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
purp n gold wrote:Well works out in a crappy way - As a Cox subsciber, I'm in no rush to buy TWC SportsNet if Mike Brown is still the coach

:kobe1:

admittedly, I typed my answer out as if some TWC focus group researcher was going to read it. I hope the "higher ups" decide to make a business decision :man12:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 pm

purp n gold wrote:
Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:

:kobe1:

admittedly, I typed my answer out as if some TWC focus group researcher was going to read it. I hope the "higher ups" decide to make a business decision :man12:

If TWC starts to see bandwagon fans jumping off and sponsors walking away, then hopefully Jimbo and his protege MB will feel the heat.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:58 pm

if anyone is still considering switching to TWC, you can get a free xbox 360 and $150 best buy gift card

http://www.bestbuy.com/twcoffer
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 pm

^ Dang that's a good deal.
XXIV

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm

This team is so boring, as long as Mike Brown is the coach I think I can wait for DTV.
D.B. Cooper

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:29 pm

If i could, i would TOTALLY switch to TWC but the problem is...they dont provide in Irvine!!!!!!! This has been so frustrating and I feel like TWC has cursed our Laker team with their hardball negotiations and until the major network providers don't have a deal, I feel the Lakers will continue to suck. I know its superstitious of me but I just feel like the TWC thing has left a very bad taste in millions of laker fans mouths...
FabFourLakers

Postby OX1947 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:40 pm

^ They were a jinx company WAY before the Lakers started losing every game the last month. I am not overly religious but I do believe there are jinxed things around us. Whether it's a certain person or certain thing that always has a aura of disease around it. TWC is a (bleep) company to it's core. It treats it's people like crap, customers like crap, everything around their business is revolved around garbage.

All seriousness, here, I am not joking around here. This is on the Lakers. I do not care how many excuses you pull out, the Lakers have aligned themselves with a horrible partner. They were fine with primeticket/fox for 2 decades. And now, they have shut out their own fans. How can you put a product like this, a world class product, and you can not watch? Forget those who could switch, save me the bull, how bout those who have NO CHANCE of getting them because TWC is not in their area? How bout them?
OX1947

Postby Vito Andolini on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Just complained to DirecTV and threatened ti cancel. All they could do is take 12 dollars off my monthly bill. Couldn't give me NBA league pass.
Vito Andolini

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 pm

^ It's not their fault, I don't think they're in charge of league pass. You can only purchase that through the NBA itself.
XXIV

Postby borri on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:If i could, i would TOTALLY switch to TWC but the problem is...they dont provide in Irvine!!!!!!! This has been so frustrating and I feel like TWC has cursed our Laker team with their hardball negotiations and until the major network providers don't have a deal, I feel the Lakers will continue to suck. I know its superstitious of me but I just feel like the TWC thing has left a very bad taste in millions of laker fans mouths...

I am in Irvine too. Can't get TWC even if I tried. I either watch the games at home or at the gym. 24 HR Fitness has DirectTV. Yeah i am screwed. :bang: :bang:
borri

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm

There are parts of Irvine that carry Verizon.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 pm

cox reached a deal with TWC. now directv and dish are the only ones left trying to play hardball at the expense of their subscribers.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion