TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC, Charter, Verizon, AT&T Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 pm

lotus wrote:
icencream27 wrote:called DirecTV calling to cancel

they gave us Free HBO Showtime-Cinemax for a year----Free NFL Ticket and NFL Ticket Max--- and $10 off a month.

:man1: :man1:

WTH! That's a damn good deal.

Damn good deal alright
If the Lakers ain't your life
Freak the doe boyo
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:38 am

Anyone watching "#LakeShow" on TWCSN?

They read tweets from fans.

Seems like almost every fan you encounter on the web is calling for Brown's head on a platter, but you wouldn't know it from the tweets they're cherry picking on that show.

What a joke.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:12 am

OX1947 wrote:Just called DirecTV and threatened to cancel for Time Warner, they took off 8 bucks off my bill and gave me Showtime and The Movie Channel for free for a year. Hey, it's business.

Does this make you greedy though? Or, just doing what you think is best for you?
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am

Back to picture quality....tonight is excellent test. Which will be the cleanest signal from the same event, TWC or Prime Ticket? Wednesday in Portland watching at very large, bright size I thought it was about a B. Some cameras looked cleaner than others. Great colors from all but just this unsolid semi artifacting to it during camera motion. Then when camera stopped like during free throws it would be more solid. Not as bad as ESPN a couple of years ago before they got great. Plus for me the picture seemed to "blink" almost periodically throughout the telecast.

For comparison I would switch to Clippers vs Memphis from Staples and yep it was clean and rock solid. Just like Fox West and KCAL and Prime Ticket always were for the Lakers. So tonight will tell a lot.

WHOA...acid test comparison as well. Forgot that ESPN also has this game. Unless they make a liar out of me, check out how clean their telecast will look. This is a great system "shootout" between all three networks.
LTLakerFan

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:22 am

The Lakers just got time Warner installed at the practice facility?
terrible sign for DTV laker fans.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/stat ... 5983504385
Quote:
Time Warner installing somethin' at Laker offices this morning. Lakers had access to only DirecTV here as of this week. pic.twitter.com/yuVr8jiJ

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6txq9cCIAEp-KZ.jpg
OX1947

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 pm

That's odd, why would a team that just struck a deal with a cable provider for millions upon millions of dollars be putting TWC equipment into their facility?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:That's odd, why would a team that just struck a deal with a cable provider for millions upon millions of dollars be putting TWC equipment into their facility?

I think it was the Libyans. Or maybe some schmuck who just wanted to get more followers to his Twitt account.
OX1947

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:55 pm

While providers play hardball, Lakers fans are missing basketball

Time Warner Cable still doesn't have a deal with Cox and DirecTV to show Lakers games on its new SportsNet. The providers don't want to pay the asking price.

By Joe Flint

November 2, 2012

Although the winless Lakers are hardly must-see television at the moment, that is of little solace to the millions of DirecTV and Cox subscribers who are unable to watch the team's games on their new cable home, SportsNet, which is owned by Time Warner Cable.

Time Warner Cable hoped to have all of its distribution agreements for SportsNet and its Spanish-language companion channel, Deportes, locked up by now. Deals with Charter and Verizon Fios were finished before the first Lakers regular-season game appeared on the two channels Wednesday, but both Cox and DirecTV are playing hardball.

Cox and DirecTV have almost 3 million subscribers in Southern California, many of whom have taken to social networking to criticize the two pay-TV companies for not getting a Lakers deal done.

Given how much DirecTV counts on sports as a selling point to subscribers, the satellite broadcaster's slowness to embrace SportsNet has puzzled some.

One reason DirecTV and Cox are reluctant to sign on for SportsNet and Deportes, at least at the price Time Warner Cable wants (up to $3.95 per subscriber, per month) is that they also face a big fee increase with the Dodgers down the road.

Currently the Dodgers get about $40 million a season in TV rights fees from Prime Ticket, which is owned by News Corp.'s Fox Sports. That pact expires after next season. Guggenheim Partners paid $2.15 billion for the Dodgers in part because it was their belief that they can make much of that back in television rights. When Frank McCourt still owned the Dodgers, Fox sought a renewal of the rights for $3 billion over 20 years, which averages out to $150 million per season; that was ultimately rejected by Major League Baseball.

Fox is trying to negotiate an agreement with Guggenheim Partners to keep the team on Prime Ticket. Time Warner Cable also wants the Dodgers for SportsNet. A bidding war could drive the price beyond the $3 billion Fox offered to McCourt, and whatever network gets the team will seek a big increase in license fees for the channel from pay-TV distributors.

Much of those costs eventually are passed down to the consumer in the form of bigger cable bills.

Time Warner Cable, Cox and DirecTV all declined to talk specifics about Lakers negotiations but insist discussions are continuing.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-time-warner-lakers-20121102,0,3004271.story
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Sounds like baloney to me. Foxsports has already offered the Dodgers $3 billion. The cost for subscribers is going up no matter which company pays the money.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

I am going to call every week and get discounts until the Lakers come on. I am a torrent master and internet streamer, so if I have to watch stream or torrent the laker games, so be it.
OX1947

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Twc is nothing but a greedy, mega corporation. Their cable quality is utter crap and they regularly raise their internet rates. I view Directv as a reasonable company. Twc is simply trying to stick it to them and i applaud Directv for standing up for themselves. I will not switch to Twc even if it means not watching some Laker games.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm

It's also funny how Twc is charging Directv $3.95 per subscriber. That's the amount they raised my internet bill per month. Is that crazy or what? To raise a customer's bill $4 just like that? Twc regularly raise their rates to. Greedy sobs.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:It's also funny how Twc is charging Directv $3.95 per subscriber. That's the amount they raised my internet bill per month. Is that crazy or what? To raise a customer's bill $4 just like that? Twc regularly raise their rates to. Greedy sobs.

Oh boy. Just wanted to give you heads up, you might get some backlash from this.
OX1947

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm

OX1947 wrote:Just called DirecTV and threatened to cancel for Time Warner, they took off 8 bucks off my bill and gave me Showtime and The Movie Channel for free for a year. Hey, it's business.

Lol. Yeah, i did that too in the past. They don't want people to leave so they offer discounts. Also did it for my parent's service. I might do it again using the Laker excuse. Lol.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:16 pm

icencream27 wrote:called DirecTV calling to cancel

they gave us Free HBO Showtime-Cinemax for a year----Free NFL Ticket and NFL Ticket Max--- and $10 off a month.

:man1: :man1:

Lol.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Two amazing performances at Staples tonight. Kobe Bryant playing 43 minutes on a bad foot putting up the numbers he did and the beautiful picture from TWC. Just saying. Like everyone else I'm bummed with how this season has gone so far, and it sucks many here still do not have the games on their provider. But that signal from Staples tonight was amazing! Smoked ESPN and Prime Ticket which were clean themselves. Props where they're due in that regard.
LTLakerFan

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Well works out in a crappy way - As a Cox subsciber, I'm in no rush to buy TWC SportsNet if Mike Brown is still the coach
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 pm

I've been watching all the Lakers-related content on TWC since the channel went online.

With all the hype leading up to the season, you have to wonder how TWC will respond if Brown stays, the Lakers sh*t the bed, miss the playoffs, etc.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 pm

purp n gold wrote:Well works out in a crappy way - As a Cox subsciber, I'm in no rush to buy TWC SportsNet if Mike Brown is still the coach

I think you might have just answered my question. :man12:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm

yeah, I'm going to wait it out with Direct TV. i like their service. Still, I need to watch the games regardless if we suck.

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
purp n gold wrote:Well works out in a crappy way - As a Cox subsciber, I'm in no rush to buy TWC SportsNet if Mike Brown is still the coach

:kobe1:

admittedly, I typed my answer out as if some TWC focus group researcher was going to read it. I hope the "higher ups" decide to make a business decision :man12:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 pm

purp n gold wrote:
Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:

:kobe1:

admittedly, I typed my answer out as if some TWC focus group researcher was going to read it. I hope the "higher ups" decide to make a business decision :man12:

If TWC starts to see bandwagon fans jumping off and sponsors walking away, then hopefully Jimbo and his protege MB will feel the heat.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:58 pm

if anyone is still considering switching to TWC, you can get a free xbox 360 and $150 best buy gift card

http://www.bestbuy.com/twcoffer
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 pm

^ Dang that's a good deal.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion