TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC, Charter, Verizon, AT&T Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm

This team is so boring, as long as Mike Brown is the coach I think I can wait for DTV.
D.B. Cooper

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:29 pm

If i could, i would TOTALLY switch to TWC but the problem is...they dont provide in Irvine!!!!!!! This has been so frustrating and I feel like TWC has cursed our Laker team with their hardball negotiations and until the major network providers don't have a deal, I feel the Lakers will continue to suck. I know its superstitious of me but I just feel like the TWC thing has left a very bad taste in millions of laker fans mouths...
FabFourLakers

Postby OX1947 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:40 pm

^ They were a jinx company WAY before the Lakers started losing every game the last month. I am not overly religious but I do believe there are jinxed things around us. Whether it's a certain person or certain thing that always has a aura of disease around it. TWC is a (bleep) company to it's core. It treats it's people like crap, customers like crap, everything around their business is revolved around garbage.

All seriousness, here, I am not joking around here. This is on the Lakers. I do not care how many excuses you pull out, the Lakers have aligned themselves with a horrible partner. They were fine with primeticket/fox for 2 decades. And now, they have shut out their own fans. How can you put a product like this, a world class product, and you can not watch? Forget those who could switch, save me the bull, how bout those who have NO CHANCE of getting them because TWC is not in their area? How bout them?
OX1947

Postby Vito Andolini on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Just complained to DirecTV and threatened ti cancel. All they could do is take 12 dollars off my monthly bill. Couldn't give me NBA league pass.
Vito Andolini

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 pm

^ It's not their fault, I don't think they're in charge of league pass. You can only purchase that through the NBA itself.
XXIV

Postby borri on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:If i could, i would TOTALLY switch to TWC but the problem is...they dont provide in Irvine!!!!!!! This has been so frustrating and I feel like TWC has cursed our Laker team with their hardball negotiations and until the major network providers don't have a deal, I feel the Lakers will continue to suck. I know its superstitious of me but I just feel like the TWC thing has left a very bad taste in millions of laker fans mouths...

I am in Irvine too. Can't get TWC even if I tried. I either watch the games at home or at the gym. 24 HR Fitness has DirectTV. Yeah i am screwed. :bang: :bang:
borri

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm

There are parts of Irvine that carry Verizon.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 pm

cox reached a deal with TWC. now directv and dish are the only ones left trying to play hardball at the expense of their subscribers.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Kevin Ding @KevinDing
Cox Communications has a deal done to show Time Warner Cable SportsNet, the Lakers' new channel.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 pm

COME ON DISH WTFFFF!!!!! I can't believe they're being so damn difficult about this.
FabFourLakers

Postby JGC on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Looks like greedy Directv worries more about their bottom line than offering their customers content they want. A shame... greed will get you nowhere. Hook up your customers with lakers directv you greedy tards!

i have it on cox now so i am good but do it for my dtv buddies who still cannot watch
JGC

Postby OX1947 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 pm

JGC wrote:Looks like greedy Directv worries more about their bottom line than offering their customers content they want. A shame... greed will get you nowhere. Hook up your customers with lakers directv you greedy tards!

i have it on cox now so i am good but do it for my dtv buddies who still cannot watch

Riiiiiight....
OX1947

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
Kevin Ding @KevinDing
Cox Communications has a deal done to show Time Warner Cable SportsNet, the Lakers' new channel.

And another one bites the dust.

As I predicted earlier, the local cable co's go under first.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby JGC on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 pm

OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:Looks like greedy Directv worries more about their bottom line than offering their customers content they want. A shame... greed will get you nowhere. Hook up your customers with lakers directv you greedy tards!

Riiiiiight....

Well, if the reason they havent struck a deal isnt because of their bottom line, then whats the reason? For fun? Prrincipal? It seems their customers want it, so they should provide it if the customer is the #1 priority.
JGC

Postby OX1947 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:56 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Riiiiiight....

Well, if the reason they havent struck a deal isnt because of their bottom line, then whats the reason? For fun? Prrincipal? It seems their customers want it, so they should provide it if the customer is the #1 priority.

I was complimenting you. Sorry, I forgot to put an emoticon.

:man13: :man13: :man13:
OX1947

Postby OX1947 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm

I was reading an article just now, Directv and Dish should fall in line very soon. They will have every sub thrown in their face now to switch. Only thing that makes sense.
OX1947

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:42 pm

They better! Might call them up and complain to get some free goodies. :man1: :man10:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby OX1947 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

Im calling after the Utah game. See what else I can get.
OX1947

Postby purp n gold on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 am

Thank you Cox, thank you TWC!

Now just fire Brown so we can get this season started :jam2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 am

Vasashi17 wrote:
Kevin Ding @KevinDing

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :bow:

Great Night! Lakers Win and Cox get their deal.......finally.

Don't worry Direct TV you guys will get it soon, I'm sure of it.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 am

DirecTV is the top premium television provider in the U.S. (if i'm not mistaken). It makes all the sense in the world that they are the last ones to agree to terms with TWC. They can't just give in to any demands like some little known cable provider.

And my experiences with both companies have taught me that DirecTV is a well run company with great services while TWC is a terribly run company with constant price hikes and terrible cable quality. Even if DirecTV doesn't acquire the Lakers channel (which i seriously doubt), i will stick with them. No way am i givng TWC the satisfaction of getting my business. But i will definitely threaten to cancel my subscription and hopefully get some free goodies.
Lets Go Lakers

Vegas fans left out in the cold

Postby radar1029 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

Being a long time Laker fan, I never miss a game. Until this season that is. Time Warner cable is not an option here in Vegas, and being lumped in as part of the Regional Sports area for southern California, NBA league pass is not an option. All games are blacked out, including the national televised games on NBA tv. I'd gladly pay for the sportsnet channel on directv, but that's not even an option either. I'm frustrated, and angry that those of us who have supported this team for decades are left out in the cold with no way to watch our favorite team. Either take us out of the RSN area for Cali so League Pass is viable, or work something out for the places that TWC is not an option.
radar1029

Re: Vegas fans left out in the cold

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:26 am

there's always live streams on your computer
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby radar1029 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 am

If you're talking about the League Pass live streams, those are blacked out also. Not sure I feel comfortable streaming video off of some random site. That seems like a huge security risk.
radar1029

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 am

IIRC Cox cable is the company that serves Vegas. They just agreed to carry Sportsnet. So it should be coming soon.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion