TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby LakerFanIam on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 am

I've been using VIP Box Sports to stream all the games so far... Works fantastic, with very few pop up ads.
Nice HD stream. I may be canceling my DirectTV subscription very soon.

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/basketball.html
LakerFanIam

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am

it felt good to see the Lakers channel on my tv last night

thank you AT&T for not Mike Browning up this deal :jam2:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby kobezaballa on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

what channel is it on cox?
kobezaballa

Postby purp n gold on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm

kobezaballa wrote:what channel is it on cox?

not determined yet, but apparently it'll be ready in time for the Jazz game on Wednesday
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Johnnyboy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

if you live in Irvine, Cox is the way to go
Johnnyboy

Postby Gman1979 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I just talk to DirecTv its for sure we wont get lakers this season.So looks like im canceling Directv
Gman1979

Postby Johnnyboy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 pm

I think whoever you talked to might be misinformed. That's hard to believe.
Johnnyboy

Postby Vito Andolini on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Gman1979 wrote:I just talk to DirecTv its for sure we wont get lakers this season.So looks like im canceling Directv

Nooooo. You're over reacting. They probably told you they weren't sure and had nothing new to report. I've called twice a week for a month. Last night she said they almost had a deal a couple weeks ago but as of now they're still negotiating.
Vito Andolini

Postby Gman1979 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I wish I was honestly she told me that they made the decision last week I hope I'm wrong
Gman1979

Postby JGC on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:04 am

Vito Andolini wrote:
Gman1979 wrote:I just talk to DirecTv its for sure we wont get lakers this season.So looks like im canceling Directv

Nooooo. You're over reacting. They probably told you they weren't sure and had nothing new to report. I've called twice a week for a month. Last night she said they almost had a deal a couple weeks ago but as of now they're still negotiating.

Well, it's possible considering they still haven't closed a Pac 12 deal. Maybe they can't continue offering everyone discounts, and free NFL Sunday Ticket, and access to premium movie channels to stay if they sign these deals. LOL.
JGC

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

I doubt Dish gets it done, luckily I'm only under contract till Feb....gona switch over to verizon then since I dont get TWC in my area.
khmrP

Postby nthydro on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

Just a heads up for anyone switching to Time Warner...if you sign up at Best Buy they'll give you a $150 gift card and a free Xbox 360.
nthydro

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 am

Johnnyboy wrote:if you live in Irvine, Cox is the way to go

Respectfully disagree.

I moved to Irvine a year ago with someone who has Cox after having DirecTV for around 5 years. In terms of channel selection (TW Sportsnet notwithstanding), DVR memory space, speed of TV box software and TV reception, DirecTV is head & shoulders better. It's not even close really. Cox blows. Just one man's opinion.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 am

nthydro wrote:Just a heads up for anyone switching to Time Warner...if you sign up at Best Buy they'll give you a $150 gift card and a free Xbox 360.

And in the proceeding years to come, they will give you terrible picture quality, terrible DVR, questionable service and regular rate hikes that will piss you off. You aren't getting that stuff for free. You have to sign a contract and they will make sure to milk you right for the free stuff you received. TWC sucks.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 pm

This sucks. Nothing worse that coming home after a hard days work, and not having Lakers to watch. I think the Lakers are really botching this up, I know they want to make money, but they should at least sell the rights to a company that will negotiating fairly so the fans can watch it. It is horrible enough that KCAL no longer carries it.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby nthydro on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
nthydro wrote:Just a heads up for anyone switching to Time Warner...if you sign up at Best Buy they'll give you a $150 gift card and a free Xbox 360.

And in the proceeding years to come, they will give you terrible picture quality, terrible DVR, questionable service and regular rate hikes that will piss you off. You aren't getting that stuff for free. You have to sign a contract and they will make sure to milk you right for the free stuff you received. TWC sucks.

I agree with you that Time Warner sucks.

But I'm not recommending it in anyway. For some people, it's going to be the only way for them to see the Lakers this season. So I'm mainly addressing them. Most people here are already aware that Time Warner sucks. But thanks again for adding your 2 cents :man10:

BTW, my friend just switched to Time Warner and they didn't require a contract.
nthydro

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:

TWC doesn't require a contract.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby OX1947 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 pm

TWC sucks hairy monkey butt. If you are switching, better not let them lock you in, otherwise, you will pay with the (bleep) service known to man.
OX1947

Postby borri on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

I moved to Irvine a year ago with someone who has Cox after having DirecTV for around 5 years. In terms of channel selection (TW Sportsnet notwithstanding), DVR memory space, speed of TV box software and TV reception, DirecTV is head & shoulders better. It's not even close really. Cox blows. Just one man's opinion.

I am in Irvine. Cox is pretty good. Their internet is top freaking notch. One of THE best out there. Don't know about DirectTV and all but I am happy with Cox....only for their internet service....which I use most anyways. I don't watch much TV except for sports and it seems fine to me.
borri

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Don't know what to do about DirecTV. In general, I love their service and their product. But this is a real problem.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

I like the internet speed. The DVR space was just doubled. The reception can be shaky, you are right.
Johnnyboy

Postby JGC on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

Actually, I can't agree with this. I think overall, Cox has the better package here. Channel selection in my opinion goes in favor of Cox why? The following reasons:

- Pac 12 Network
- TWC SportsNet
- Redzone a la carte for just $40 for the season.

On DirecTV it costs what $299 or whatever to get Redzone? (I personally do not care about watching individual games).

For me, the only thing DirecTV has over Cox is Sunday Ticket. The other added benefit is that since there is no contract, you can always get new promos and/or just leave if you want to.

I will say, DirecTV has better quality except when it is raining and/or really windy then it gets very spotty at times.
JGC

Postby Kit on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 pm

My TWSN has no sound today. Anyone having the same problem?
Kit

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Kit wrote:My TWSN has no sound today. Anyone having the same problem?
I think that happened to me the other day (with Time Warner Cable) ... unplug and replug the box and let it reset.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kit on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:49 pm

I have Charter and just chatted with the staff and they are aware of this problem. Hopefully they get it fixed before the game tomorrow!! :)
Kit

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion