TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby Vito Andolini on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 pm

I begged for nba league pass the other day on the phone and she said no over and over. she could take 12 dollars off my bill but couldn't give me league pass
Vito Andolini

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:I begged for nba league pass the other day on the phone and she said no over and over. she could take 12 dollars off my bill but couldn't give me league pass

It's downright frightening how closely you just described most of my first dates.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby GinoDB on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:I begged for nba league pass the other day on the phone and she said no over and over. she could take 12 dollars off my bill but couldn't give me league pass

we asked for league pass too, tried to give NFL, I dont like football so thats useless to me
GinoDB

Postby davriver290 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 pm

wait so can I watch Laker games on basic cable if I'm in SO-CAL? I live on Pepperdine's campus, so I have no service provider.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm

^no, you are screwed. Unless pepperdine's cable tries to break a deal (highly unlikely), good luck watching laker games.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm

GinoDB wrote:

we asked for league pass too, tried to give NFL, I dont like football so thats useless to me

You gotta be persistent. I don't know what provider you have but they gave me 3 months of a Multi-Sports package. They told me I could watch some basketball games and some other things, but they were all blacked out. I called again and complained about it, thats when they straight out gave me NBA League Pass. :man10: The dude I was talking to did sound a little bit optimistic that they could strike a deal before the end of the month but who knows if hes just saying that just to shut me up.
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby sodunited on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 pm

anybody else's twc san diego hd feed out?
Kings 16-30 free throws game 7.......AT HOME..lol
sodunited

Postby marklar20 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

cox appears to be channel 70 and 1070 hd. Watching right now. low pic quality..
marklar20

Postby lakerfansd on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Pleasant surprise to find out Time Warner channel was included in my current COX service for free. Threatened to switch to uverse and got 12 off per month and upgraded internet speed. Maybe should have been greedy and also asked for premium channel too.
lakerfansd

Postby rockorego on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 pm

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today i just added the TWC to my ATT uverse account and i was able to watch an old lakers game(kobe's 81 point game to be exact). so i said to my self "cool" so i set the dvr to record the game tonight because i had some where i had to be so i figured i'd watch the game when i got home. and when i came home guess what i saw ~~~~~~ THIS GAME IS BLACKED OUT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!!!! why isnt the game coming on, why is it black out? im in chicago btw! can someone explain to me whats going on!!!!!!!!!!
rockorego

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 pm

rockorego wrote:SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today i just added the TWC to my ATT uverse account and i was able to watch an old lakers game(kobe's 81 point game to be exact). so i said to my self "cool" so i set the dvr to record the game tonight because i had some where i had to be so i figured i'd watch the game when i got home. and when i came home guess what i saw ~~~~~~ THIS GAME IS BLACKED OUT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!!!! why isnt the game coming on, why is it black out? im in chicago btw! can someone explain to me whats going on!!!!!!!!!!

The channel shows no live games outside of CA, Hawaii, and LV. I believe that's a major part of contention in these continuing talks.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby rockorego on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 am

Scnottaken wrote:
rockorego wrote:SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today i just added the TWC to my ATT uverse account and i was able to watch an old lakers game(kobe's 81 point game to be exact). so i said to my self "cool" so i set the dvr to record the game tonight because i had some where i had to be so i figured i'd watch the game when i got home. and when i came home guess what i saw ~~~~~~ THIS GAME IS BLACKED OUT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!!!! why isnt the game coming on, why is it black out? im in chicago btw! can someone explain to me whats going on!!!!!!!!!!

The channel shows no live games outside of CA, Hawaii, and LV. I believe that's a major part of contention in these continuing talks.

if this continues i will have to cancel it. what's the point of having the twc added if i can't watch a single laker game.. :bang: :bang: :bang:
rockorego

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 am

rockorego wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:

if this continues i will have to cancel it. what's the point of having the twc added if i can't watch a single laker game.. :bang: :bang: :bang:

you get the national version of the channel that blacks out all the games. you still need league pass in order to watch them. not a time warner thing, its an NBA thing.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby rockorego on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:34 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
rockorego wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:

you get the national version of the channel that blacks out all the games. you still need league pass in order to watch them. not a time warner thing, its an NBA thing.

so your telling me i order TWC for nothing!!!!!
rockorego

Postby lotus on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Blame the Buss' for getting into a relationship with a crappy company. Surely they knew this was a part of the deal.
lotus

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm

lotus wrote:Blame the Buss' for getting into a relationship with a crappy company. Surely they knew this was a part of the deal.

Damn them Buss' for making billions of dollars. It' easy for you to sit back and say that, put millions and millions of dollars in front of your face and I'm sure A LOT of people's views would change.

Here's millions of dollars, nah I'm cool your reception sucks.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Tobias Funke on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm

rockorego wrote:so your telling me i order TWC for nothing!!!!!

You get to watch the behind the scenes shows and Laker recap shows etc, thats what your paying for. Not sure if they ever replay previous games like the next day or whatever.

How much extra did you spend to get the channel?
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 pm

That's strange. WGN America shows Bulls games even if you're outside of the Chicago area. MSG shows Knicks games if you're outside the NY area.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lotus on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
lotus wrote:Blame the Buss' for getting into a relationship with a crappy company. Surely they knew this was a part of the deal.

Damn them Buss' for making billions of dollars. It' easy for you to sit back and say that, put millions and millions of dollars in front of your face and I'm sure A LOT of people's views would change.

Here's millions of dollars, nah I'm cool your reception sucks.

Hey blowhard, no one is dogging on the Buss family for making billions. I just said that they had to know that there were loose ends in the deal that would effect Lakers fans.
lotus

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm

^^^LOL at you calling me a blowhard.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby rockorego on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:
rockorego wrote:so your telling me i order TWC for nothing!!!!!

You get to watch the behind the scenes shows and Laker recap shows etc, thats what your paying for. Not sure if they ever replay previous games like the next day or whatever.

How much extra did you spend to get the channel?

$7.00 a month :mad1: and what good is it to watch all of the extra lakers stuff if i can't enjoy watching the game! :mad1: :man2:
rockorego

Postby Alcindor on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

I thought this statement was a joke until I saw who posted it.
Alcindor

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm

When the hell is DirecTV gonna make a deal ...

My Time Warner DVR is GARBAGE. Reflection of their company. Has already decided not to record the game twice even though I scheduled it to record.

Had to watch last night on the late replay with commercials.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby borri on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:59 pm

BDG wrote:When the hell is DirecTV gonna make a deal ...

My Time Warner DVR is GARBAGE. Reflection of their company. Has already decided not to record the game twice even though I scheduled it to record.

Had to watch last night on the late replay with commercials.

Damn DirectTV hurry the hell up. I need my Lakers at the Gym so that I forget I am sweating my butt off burning calories on the treadmill. So so much easier to do cardio when you are focusing on the Laker game and not on doing cardio.
borri

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?
OX1947

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion