TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm

BDG wrote:When the hell is DirecTV gonna make a deal ...

My Time Warner DVR is GARBAGE. Reflection of their company. Has already decided not to record the game twice even though I scheduled it to record.

Had to watch last night on the late replay with commercials.



hahahahaahaha, oh, the memories. The memories of coming home excited about a show only to find out, it isn't there, even though the settings is set to record it.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:09 pm

rockorego wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:
rockorego wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:
rockorego wrote:SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today i just added the TWC to my ATT uverse account and i was able to watch an old lakers game(kobe's 81 point game to be exact). so i said to my self "cool" so i set the dvr to record the game tonight because i had some where i had to be so i figured i'd watch the game when i got home. and when i came home guess what i saw ~~~~~~ THIS GAME IS BLACKED OUT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!!!! why isnt the game coming on, why is it black out? im in chicago btw! can someone explain to me whats going on!!!!!!!!!!

The channel shows no live games outside of CA, Hawaii, and LV. I believe that's a major part of contention in these continuing talks.

if this continues i will have to cancel it. what's the point of having the twc added if i can't watch a single laker game.. :bang: :bang: :bang:


you get the national version of the channel that blacks out all the games. you still need league pass in order to watch them. not a time warner thing, its an NBA thing.

so your telling me i order TWC for nothing!!!!!

Yeah I think that's what's annoying some of the larger nationwide companies. TWC wants to charge for everyone, not just the people who get live games, or people who get a sports package.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:18 pm

^I warned you guys. TWC cares less for their own customers then they do for others. They will milk you for everything you are worth and not give you anything, nothing in return but shotey service in every which way possible.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 pm

FYI the Lakers game was on TWC last night (the national version)......
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby rockorego on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Doc Brown wrote:FYI the Lakers game was on TWC last night (the national version)......

i searched high and low last night and i couldn't find the game(that wasn't blacked out) anywhere. and i just got the TWC yesterday, but i had no idea it would be block!!!!
rockorego

 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: north chicago ,ill

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 pm

OX1947 wrote:
BDG wrote:When the hell is DirecTV gonna make a deal ...

My Time Warner DVR is GARBAGE. Reflection of their company. Has already decided not to record the game twice even though I scheduled it to record.

Had to watch last night on the late replay with commercials.



hahahahaahaha, oh, the memories. The memories of coming home excited about a show only to find out, it isn't there, even though the settings is set to record it.
It's why I cancelled them in the first place.

Thank God I kept my DirecTV though this negotiation process.

Time Warner Cable is perhaps the worst company I've ever dealt with. Terrible in every aspect. Anyone who has never had them simply doesn't understand how horrible they are.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:FYI the Lakers game was on TWC last night (the national version)......


Yep. Not sure why either, Doc theorized that they may air the road games. I guess we'll have to wait and see when we're on the road again. Hopefully its true because the commentary is typically awful from opposing teams.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
User avatar
The Original 81

 
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: New York City

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 pm

OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.


Yah, all 4 people who have all those services.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.

I can honestly see both sides here. $4 for every subscriber is a lot to ask for one of, if not the largest TV providers out there, especially when the large majority of their customers won't even get the main benefit of the channel. Of course, the only one losing out will be direct tv, so I guess it's up to them to decide whether losing customers is worth the $4 cost to their subscribers. I wouldn't doubt they're out asking their subscribers if they'd actually want the channel, to try to gauge what percentage of their customers even wants the channel.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.


Yah, all 4 people who have all those services.


All 4? Cox is #2 in Southern California (behind only DirecTV) and has 1.2 million subscribers in So Cal alone.

If DirecTV wasn't so greedy, they'd just accept TWC's terms already. Greed sure is evil eh?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.

I can honestly see both sides here. $4 for every subscriber is a lot to ask for one of, if not the largest TV providers out there, especially when the large majority of their customers won't even get the main benefit of the channel. Of course, the only one losing out will be direct tv, so I guess it's up to them to decide whether losing customers is worth the $4 cost to their subscribers. I wouldn't doubt they're out asking their subscribers if they'd actually want the channel, to try to gauge what percentage of their customers even wants the channel.


It's up to DirecTV and Dish now to accept the deal. I mean, it's not like TWC isn't offering it to them. But these guys I'm guessing, are a little more price sensitive than their cable counterparts. After all, they have to add the retention cost of giving premium content away for free to limit churn while the cable guys don't have to worry about it as much since they monopolize certain markets.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.


Yah, all 4 people who have all those services.


All 4? Cox is #2 in Southern California (behind only DirecTV) and has 1.2 million subscribers in So Cal alone.

If DirecTV wasn't so greedy, they'd just accept TWC's terms already. Greed sure is evil eh?


I don't like Cox.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Making billions at the expense of not having over a million of your fans not being able to watch their cities team play. Am I missing the logic here?


Yeah, directv needs to deal already. everyone else has and if they would just put their customers ahead of their bottom line they would accept any deal twc is putting on the table. not sure why they are holding their own customers hostage here.


Yah, all 4 people who have all those services.


All 4? Cox is #2 in Southern California (behind only DirecTV) and has 1.2 million subscribers in So Cal alone.

If DirecTV wasn't so greedy, they'd just accept TWC's terms already. Greed sure is evil eh?


I don't like Cox.


Well, it wouldn't make much sense to like any lifeless entity whose sole existence is to take your hard earned money even if one is hella rich.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby dj vitus on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Anyone see the latest Laker post on FB? They basically asked Laker fans to screw DirecTV. "There are other companies out there..." :man10:

Dear Lakers fans,

We know that many of you are DirecTV subscribers and remain frustrated that you can't watch the Lakers on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

We want to remind you of your choices and what you can do to watch the games as well as all the immersive content on these networks. Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Bright House Networks, and AT&T U-Verse have all reached agreements to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

If you are interested in getting information about the other TV providers that service your area, visit iwantmylakers.com, enter your zip code, select your TV provider and then click continue. The next screen will list TV providers in your area that are carrying the networks and give you information on how to contact them.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
The Los Angeles Lakers
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9420
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 pm

^Man, you are killing me. I already said I have the games on my DTV, I'm speaking for the people. This has nothing to do with me.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm

dj vitus wrote:Anyone see the latest Laker post on FB? They basically asked Laker fans to screw DirecTV. "There are other companies out there..." :man10:

Dear Lakers fans,

We know that many of you are DirecTV subscribers and remain frustrated that you can't watch the Lakers on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

We want to remind you of your choices and what you can do to watch the games as well as all the immersive content on these networks. Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Bright House Networks, and AT&T U-Verse have all reached agreements to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

If you are interested in getting information about the other TV providers that service your area, visit iwantmylakers.com, enter your zip code, select your TV provider and then click continue. The next screen will list TV providers in your area that are carrying the networks and give you information on how to contact them.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
The Los Angeles Lakers


They're not asking Laker fans to screw DirecTV at all. They're letting people know that if they want to watch Laker games, there are choices, and if you want to see what your choices are, go to iwantmylakers.com and enter your zip.

The Lakers have everything to gain by DirecTV jumping aboard.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 pm

^ Right, and the Lakers have much to LOSE if they don't. So yes, they ARE suggesting to fans that they switch.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5963
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Psychobroker wrote:^ Right, and the Lakers have much to LOSE if they don't. So yes, they ARE suggesting to fans that they switch.


No they're not. But it's a lot more fun to read in to it like that.

Not everyone is going to switch, so, the Lakers stand to lose the most should DirecTV (and Dish) choose not to deal. The Lakers very much want DirecTV and Dish to shell out the doe.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

I believe in a jinx, this whole Time Warner thing has been a jinx.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby purp n gold on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 pm

It's possible DTV's negotiations with Time Warner are hung up on the Dodger media deal. Adding Cox at this point was a no brainer, because OC (south of Tustin?) subscribers didn't even have the choice of switching to Time Warner's cable service. But looking at Time Warner at odds with DTV, that's on the national scale rather than the local one IMO
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 pm

OX1947 wrote:I believe in a jinx, this whole Time Warner thing has been a jinx.




I have been saying this and I'm really starting to believe that TWC is the jinx. I'm superstitious like that....I think until the ordeal is resolved and both DirecTV and DISH get the channel, the Lakers will continue to lose/suck. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11758
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:22 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
OX1947 wrote:I believe in a jinx, this whole Time Warner thing has been a jinx.




I have been saying this and I'm really starting to believe that TWC is the jinx. I'm superstitious like that....I think until the ordeal is resolved and both DirecTV and DISH get the channel, the Lakers will continue to lose/suck. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:


Maybe the jinx is Dwight Howard.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 pm

The question now is, would TWC lower the number per sub? Because you can not put them on a sports tier. Especially in the LA area. It has to be available to on normal package. What is it that DTV really wants?
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox Channel Guide (see 1st post)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 pm

OX1947 wrote:The question now is, would TWC lower the number per sub? Because you can not put them on a sports tier. Especially in the LA area. It has to be available to on normal package. What is it that DTV really wants?


Money, money, money ... MONEY!
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.