TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Postby 100%effort on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 pm

:bow: I'm glad I took a second look at the title of this thread because I would have never known DTV has finally came to terms with TWC. I hated watching the away broadcast on LP.
100%effort

Postby KB8SD on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 pm

If anyone is seriously looking at signing up or switching to Directv send me a PM and I can easily help you get a bunch of discounts.
KB8SD

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 am

Weezy wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:This channel is (bleep) awesome.

You mean the Time Warner Cable channel you're watching is awesome? Haha

Time Warner Cable is the greatest company in America.

:man10: Good stuff man, good stuff. Having a channel with like 80% Lakers coverage is enough to change an evil company into a wonderful company pretty quickly.

:jsm:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bleed purple n gold on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 am

OX1947 wrote:
bleed purple n gold wrote:So will all DTV packages have the channel available? Even the starter package? I assume it comes in HD, correct? Looking to switch from comcast.

Private message me and I will help you. I have a directv guy who can help you, good friend of mine.

PM sent.

Also, i am in san francisco county and according the the online DTV rep, this channel is not available in my county. :bang:
can your friend confirm?

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 pm

bleed purple n gold wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
bleed purple n gold wrote:So will all DTV packages have the channel available? Even the starter package? I assume it comes in HD, correct? Looking to switch from comcast.

Private message me and I will help you. I have a directv guy who can help you, good friend of mine.

PM sent.

Also, i am in san francisco county and according the the online DTV rep, this channel is not available in my county. :bang:
can your friend confirm?

only the national version would be available since youre outside of the coverage area. probably costs extra monthly.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby bleed purple n gold on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

PM sent.

can your friend confirm?

only the national version would be available since youre outside of the coverage area. probably costs extra monthly.

Where can i find more info on this national version? The rep basically told me i am **** outta luck.

Please don't bypass the swear filter. thanks.

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby davriver290 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 pm

I still can't see it on basic cable!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :man6: :man6:
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:52 pm

davriver290 wrote:I still can't see it on basic cable!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :man6: :man6:

Basic cable? Hey man, UHF called, they want their new technology is coming to television, back.
OX1947

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Okay here is the link to the FAQ:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/time_warner_lakers_broadcast_faq.html

Hopefully that can answer some questions for you guys. The channel guide for all the agreed upon partners are in the 1st post.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

PM sent.

can your friend confirm?

I didnt get your PM yet, however, back to the matter at hand, yes, TWCSNHD is on all directv's from my knowledge. I have a friend of mine who has directv in Denver, CO, and TWCSNHD is on 691 there. Email me at OX1947@yahoo.com, we can talk more.
OX1947

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Starting with tonight's game you can watch all Laker games ohp ohp ohp ohp..ohpa Gangnam style!

Korean-language Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) for Lakers games on Time Warner Cable SportsNet launches tonight, as the Lakers take on the Phoenix Suns at 7:30 p.m. Moving forward, Korean audio will be available for all Lakers games on Time Warner Cable SportsNet.

Time Warner Cable Sports has partnered with Radio Seoul on this initiative and sports writer and commentator Paul Lee will call the games in Korean.

For additional information on accessing the Korean-language SAP, customers can contact their television provider.

Time Warner Cable SportsNet can be found on AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Charter, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS systems. To find out what channel you can watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet on or if your provider will have Lakers games this season, visit www.iwantmylakers.com and enter your information at the top of the page or call 855-4-MY-LAKERS.

Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Ok this suurely means that DISH will for sure get the channel too....right? Still a ton of people that have DISH so I'm assuming that deal is in the works. I guess I'll have to wait this one out... :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby bleed purple n gold on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

lakerswiz wrote:What's the cheapest per month deal with DirecTV I can get that includes this channel?

Apparently it's the 'choice' package, which starts at $35 per month (not including taxes, fees, other BS, etc).

bleed purple n gold

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Dwight Howard said he had good reason to boo Time Warner Cable SportsNet

"Not everyone could see the games."

Then Lakers reporter John Ireland alerted Howard that DirectTV cut a deal with the Time Warner.

"Yeah!!!!!" Howard said. "I'm very happy. Now everyone can watch all the games. We need all the support we can get and get this thing rolling. Thank you!!!!"
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby KB8SD on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:50 pm

This thread haS sort of died down after Directv reached a deal to carry the Lakers new channel.

Anyone looking to switch to Directv anytime soon? If your looking to switch and are in the Lakers DMA Zone I can help you get a $200 Costco gift card and another $10 off for 10 months.If anyone is interested send me a PM.
KB8SD

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Robert Horry > "Coach?" Dave Miller. I doubt it means Miller is gone, but man I wish he was, Horry is so much more fun to listen to.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Any news on whether Dish has signed up yet? So stupid that I have to stream the games still.
FabFourLakers

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Weezy wrote:Robert Horry > "Coach?" Dave Miller. I doubt it means Miller is gone, but man I wish he was, Horry is so much more fun to listen to.

He is? He's too much monotone, but the "coach" has an annoying face.

Went to the gym late tonight and figured when I walk in all the TVs will have the Lakers game on, I was so wrong. Walked in and evey TV had their own stupid channel, everything except the Lakers. My gym might have a whole bunch of panzies in it. After I interrupted my workout and walked all the way to the front desk to ask them to change to the the Lakers game, everyone started crowding around that one TV. I did get a chance to talk to a very cute personal trainer because of it. :jam2:
easyguy

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm

easyguy wrote:
Weezy wrote:Robert Horry > "Coach?" Dave Miller. I doubt it means Miller is gone, but man I wish he was, Horry is so much more fun to listen to.

Well he is to me I guess. Horry is new to tv, but he already had more real personality to me than Miller, he might have been laid back, but I think Horry's a funny guy and knows what he's talking about.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Weezy wrote:
easyguy wrote:

Well he is to me I guess. Horry is new to tv, but he already had more real personality to me than Miller, he might have been laid back, but I think Horry's a funny guy and knows what he's talking about.

He does look shaky at the beginning, so I hope he works out all the nerves for next time.
easyguy

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 am

easyguy wrote:
Weezy wrote:
easyguy wrote:

He does look shaky at the beginning, so I hope he works out all the nerves for next time.

chris webber and shaq started out that way too. they got better.

on a side note, chris webber and gary payton were a great duo...too bad they aren't together anymore.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 am

Andy Adler: choose better tweets on the TWSnet ticker.

Some I've seen are just plain dumb and I feel almost embarrassed as a Laker fan when I read them!

The "GO TEAM GO" tweets are fine, but if anyone is offering basketball analysis via twitter... at least run it by James before you put it on in air. At least.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:04 am

i don't really like andy adler. too much of a plastic-wrapped personality.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:09 am

fkmikebrown wrote:on a side note, chris webber and gary payton were a great duo...too bad they aren't together anymore.

There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:08 am

I think the twitter segments on this channel are probably some of the lamest television out there. I don't care that @Lakerfan said "Great win D'antoni #Lake Show"
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion