TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:I think the twitter segments on this channel are probably some of the lamest television out there. I don't care that @Lakerfan said "Great win D'antoni #Lake Show"
Thank you! It makes me hate Andie Adler because of how stupid that segment is.

I literally couldn't care less what some random 15 year old Lakers fan who has no basketball knowledge says on Twitter.

It'd be different if people were chiming in with profound or unique comments about the game, but they're not. It's usually "Wow, Gasol looked great out there, big win for the Lakers! LA all day baby! #Lakeshow."

Sadly I don't think they'll stop this segment because I think they want fans to engage in social media & create awareness about their show/network with the #Lakeshow hashtag.

:man5:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 am

I posted this in the WMC, but I read a tweet right after the Nets game that read:

"UGLIEST GAME I'VE EVER SEEN, BUT #SHOWTIME IS BACK! #LAKESHOW"

Come on yall. I don't even mind the "go Lakers" tweets, at least those don't misrepresent the Laker faithful!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Forward Three on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 am

The new channel is really well put together I think, the new studio and all of the graphics are ESPN caliber, James Worthy seems like he actually wants to be there for a change, and it's cool seeing Robert Horry paired up with him. Some of the features they've done have been a little lame, but that's to be expected, they're trying stuff out. All around, I'm pretty happy with the new channel.
Forward Three

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 am

^ Agreed the new channel is actually amazing. Beyond what I realistically expected/wanted from the network.

Aside from the stupid Twitter stuff, I have no complaints.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:50 am

^same. It's awesome having a freaking Laker channel...they just needa cut it out with the lame tweets.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 am

Yes, don't get me wrong, I love the new channel. I'm nitpicking with the tweets, but the TV in my room is basically set permanent on TWSportsnet. I think I've changed the channel maybe 4-5 times in the past 2 weeks!

Off topic: BDG, I love that Slava quote. My brother and I used to say "Oh now we're running the circle offense" everytime Slava was subbed in. Oh the good ol' days...
purp n gold

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 am

purp n gold wrote:Off topic: BDG, I love that Slava quote. My brother and I used to say "Oh now we're running the circle offense" everytime Slava was subbed in. Oh the good ol' days...
Yes, Slava was the man. What a character.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but ...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 am

:man10: Thanks for sharing BDG

What a stir of memories. Slava is hilarious of course, (I thought he was gonna eat the mic after his 2002 speech) but I was not expecting to see Chick or the old Fox Sports gang, let alone the pre-Boozer rumor Jack Haley days!

That line he had at end of the 2nd clip was vintage Chick. Reminds me of how his rapid-fire wit & humor would be embedded in his call. If you heard his call from a distance, you'd think it's all game action... but anyone who listened knew Chick's call was filled with great stuff like that.

But on the other hand, the TWS gang already seems sooo much better than the FSW one. Norm Nixon is cool, but I don't miss Michael Eaves. Jack Haley was terrible to the point of comedy (Haley's Comment :man10:) and I truly disliked that that other anchorman (Earl Van Wright?). What was he doing with his hands in the beginning of the 1st clip!?

McGee & Worthy are great. Dave Miller is OK on the radio but it's not happening on TV. The knowledge is there but he comes off very weird on TV. He coins 3 or 4 phrases/sayings a night, which are usually combinations of 2 unrelated ones that end up making no sense.

It'd be nice they can replace Miller with Rambis or an occasional guest like Horry. Miller can stay on #Lakeshow, I won't be watching that anyway.
purp n gold

Postby LakerFan1235 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:19 pm

If I see the Dwight Howard arrival commercial one more time...
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
LakerFan1235

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:50 pm

I hate Dish Network so much right now:

Time Warner-Dish Partnership Nixed and 4 Media Titans Making Waves
By Leah Powell | More Articles
November 23, 2012
Netflix, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:NFLX) OTT TV service was a major disruptive force and it was driven by high profile tie-ins with connected device manufacturers and streaming deals with studios. Netflix has been criticised recently for having insufficient “blockbuster” content and the company blames the program distributors for trying to charge too much.
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC): SportsNet released a statement saying, “Despite our best efforts and their customers’ demands, Dish Network has elected not to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.” Currently, Dish Network has nearly 609,000 subscribers in the L.A. market.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/time-warner-dish-partnership-nixed-and-4-media-titans-making-waves.html/
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:28 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:I hate Dish Network so much right now:

Time Warner-Dish Partnership Nixed and 4 Media Titans Making Waves
By Leah Powell | More Articles
November 23, 2012
Netflix, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:NFLX) OTT TV service was a major disruptive force and it was driven by high profile tie-ins with connected device manufacturers and streaming deals with studios. Netflix has been criticised recently for having insufficient “blockbuster” content and the company blames the program distributors for trying to charge too much.
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC): SportsNet released a statement saying, “Despite our best efforts and their customers’ demands, Dish Network has elected not to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.” Currently, Dish Network has nearly 609,000 subscribers in the L.A. market.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/time-warner-dish-partnership-nixed-and-4-media-titans-making-waves.html/

well this will definetly make it easier for me to cancel dish now.
khmrP

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 am

OK, I have officially had it with TW Sports Net's Lakers games picture quality. They officially suck in the same realm now as TNT with multiple camera angles with bit starved block artifacting, noisy garbage. Fox West, KCAL, Prime Ticket and ESPN/ABC are clean with all their cameras even on a large bright image.....in comparison. No excuse for it. ESPN absolutely was a mess about 2 1/2 years ago with noise and artifacts and got their act together. This has to come from their own gear (cameras and production truck, cabling, wireless camera feeds, whatever) because it's the same cameras whether at Staples or on the road. The other camera angles are OK but still I put regular noise reduction on their telecasts.

Someone help me out here......I need a signature with Time Warner Sports Net "Garbage" setup and don't know how to do it. Some good image. Annoys the bleep out of me because you know they have directors and engineers seeing the same crap on their multi-thousand dollar professional monitors and yet continue to put it out every game like that, even with all the money the company has. :mad1:
LTLakerFan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:45 am

I don't know what your talking about because the feed is fine to me. I don't know what to tell you
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:07 am

My problem, and granted it is not a problem in a normal sense, is that I am watching on a large high quality, bright projected image. Most of this stuff on smaller displays won't be picked up. It's a couple of the lower vantage cameras every game. But I can pass along that in that kind of very tough viewing environment, where it's glorious when it's good, but all the warts and imperfections will show.....that in direct comparison to what Fox West was giving us, KCAL 9, Prime Ticket, ESPN and ABC if they are an A then TW is a B-. And they see it (engineers) and don't fix it. Just figure it's "good enough" for the masses.
LTLakerFan

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm

They showed the championship DVD of the 2002 3peat team tonight on TWCSN. Man that was an epic ending to the 3peat. That sacremento series still gives me chills.
LakerFan1235

Postby D.B. Cooper on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:If I see the Dwight Howard arrival commercial one more time...

Tell me about it...
D.B. Cooper

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:35 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:If I see the Dwight Howard arrival commercial one more time...

Tell me about it...

:man10: :man10: That alone....Dwight sick of his own commercial will cause him to bolt after the season.
LTLakerFan

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Dodgers, Time Warner Cable have a deal

By Bill Shaikin and Joe Flint

January 22, 2013, 9:29 a.m.

The Dodgers have agreed with Time Warner Cable on a new television contract that will provide the team with a channel of its own, according to two people familiar with the deal but not authorized to discuss it.

Time Warner Cable now has secured the television rights to the two most popular teams in Los Angeles — the Dodgers and the Lakers — within two years.

The Dodgers’ deal is expected to be finalized and announced Thursday. The team has not yet submitted the deal to Major League Baseball for approval, but the control of the channel is expected to rest with the Dodgers’ owners rather than with Time Warner.

The Dodgers had no comment.

The Dodgers’ current contract with Fox Sports expires after the 2013 season. The team had discussed a new deal with Fox last fall, worth at least $6 billion over 25 years. However, as MLB and the Dodgers debated how much of that money would have to be contributed to baseball’s revenue-sharing program, the Fox exclusive negotiating window expired, enabling Time Warner to initiate negotiations with the team.

Fox was believed to be willing to restructure its offer but was not believed to be willing to significantly raise the amount.

Fox Sports launched a second local cable channel — now called Prime Ticket — to carry the Dodgers in 1997. Fox Sports previously lost rights to Lakers games to Time Warner Cable, and the departure of the Dodgers would leave Fox with the Angels, Clippers, Ducks and Kings as the anchor teams for two channels.

Bloomberg News first reported an agreement had been reached.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-time-warner-20130122,0,471512.story

Maybe this news will help DISH Network subscribers get the channel.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby kenshi1023 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm

nbatv is showing kobe 81 anni... man kobe hasn't changed much... it is some what pathetic but that squad actually had a system...
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion