TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby sodunited on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:47 pm

I called TWC in San Diego last weekend to find out about the channel and the guy I got on the phone literally had no idea what I was talking about. It was like he had never heard of the Lakers or any kind of new channel called Time Warner Sportsnet. He said, "Turn your tv to channel 790 that's it" I had to explain to him that channel 790 is cbs sportsnet and that I was asking about Time Warner Sportsnet which hasn't launched yet. It was totally laughable. As soon as directv gets the deal done I'm switching.
Kings 16-30 free throws game 7.......AT HOME..lol
sodunited

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Network will feature live Lakers programming seven days a week starting October 1, delivering behind-the-scenes access, expert analysis and more

Daily studio show “Access SportsNet” is the network’s signature program; social media-driven “#LakeShow” will begin the Lakers conversation on Time Warner Cable SportsNet each day

Time Warner Cable SportsNet announced today details about its October studio programming. The network will provide fans with dedicated live Lakers programming seven days a week and feature a comprehensive schedule of Lakers and Galaxy content when it launches on October 1. “Access SportsNet,” the network’s signature daily studio show, will encompass Lakers pre- and post-game shows as “Access SportsNet: Lakers” and LA Galaxy pre- and post-game shows as “Access SportsNet: Galaxy.” Additionally, “#LakeShow” will be the network’s daily live social media-driven show.

“Lakers fans want content about and access to their team seven days a week and we’re going to provide that with “Access SportsNet” and “#LakeShow,” said Mark Shuken, Senior Vice President and General Manager, TWC Sports Regional Networks. “We’ve created a lineup that gives fans a voice, speaks directly to them and takes them behind-the-curtain as their favorite team kicks off what’s sure to be a historic season.”

“Access SportsNet” will air live every day on Time Warner Cable SportsNet. The one-hour studio program will begin at 7:00* p.m. and deliver comprehensive coverage of the Lakers, LA Galaxy and LA Sparks. It will highlight the network’s signature behind-the-scenes access and provide Lakers, Galaxy and Sparks fans with the latest information, updates and team features. A second live “Access SportsNet” will air at 10:00 p.m.

Live Lakers coverage on Time Warner Cable SportsNet will begin each day with “#LakeShow” (read “LakeShow”), an interactive studio program highlighting of-the-moment conversations about the Lakers and fan-driven social media interaction and engagement. “#LakeShow” will air 90 minutes prior to tip-off on game days and at 6:30 p.m. on all other days and run all Lakers season long.

Following “#LakeShow” on Lakers game days, “Access SportsNet: Lakers” will begin live from the studio 60 minutes prior to tipoff. Starting with the Lakers’ first pre-season game on October 7 and first regular season game on October 30, the one-hour pre-game show will cover every angle leading into the game and feature opinions, expert analysis and debate. Following the game, the “Access SportsNet: Lakers” post-game show will provide extensive game highlights, locker room sound, in-depth interviews with players and coaches and a breakdown of the game. As a sign of Time Warner Cable SportsNet’s unprecedented commitment to the Lakers, “Access SportsNet: Lakers” will air for all Laker games including national broadcasts.

On October 21, Time Warner Cable SportsNet will telecast the network’s inaugural LA Galaxy match at the San Jose Earthquakes. “Access SportsNet: Galaxy” will air 60 minutes prior to kickoff as well as after the game, giving fans in-depth analysis, highlights and more.

Other Lakers programming on Time Warner Cable SportsNet will include classic Lakers games, “Encore+” and “Lakers Compacto.” A collection of classic Lakers games that span the history of the storied franchise will air on the network and “Encore+” will be re-telecasts of this season’s Lakers games enhanced with social media interaction. “Lakers Compacto” will consist of Lakers games condensed into a fast-paced, one-hour format. It will feature added sights, sounds, reaction and commentary that weren’t part of the original game telecast. This concept is shared by Time Warner Cable SportsNet and its sister network Time Warner Cable Deportes.

Additional Lakers-related Time Warner Cable SportsNet programming will be announced in the coming weeks.

Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes can be found in HD on channel 403 and 481, respectively, on Time Warner Cable systems. Negotiations with other providers to carry the networks are ongoing but have not yet concluded. For more information about Time Warner Cable SportsNet, visit www.twcsportsnet.com; to find out if your provider will be carrying the networks starting October 1, visit www.iwantmylakers.com.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 pm

This is a FAQ list for what to expect. It might answer some questions people have...

And if you go to the top of the page, you can put in your zip code and cable provider and it tells you if you will be getting the channel or not. I know for out of state people this was a concern. I put in my area code in Ohio and it told me I am getting the channel so f*** yeah to that. :jam2:

http://twcsportsnet.com/faq/
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:13 pm

^ You have TWC?
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 pm

XXIV wrote:^ You have TWC?

Chhyeaa it is the Rockies.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KB8SD on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 pm

sodunited wrote:I called TWC in San Diego last weekend to find out about the channel and the guy I got on the phone literally had no idea what I was talking about. It was like he had never heard of the Lakers or any kind of new channel called Time Warner Sportsnet. He said, "Turn your tv to channel 790 that's it" I had to explain to him that channel 790 is cbs sportsnet and that I was asking about Time Warner Sportsnet which hasn't launched yet. It was totally laughable. As soon as directv gets the deal done I'm switching.

I live in San Diego also and right now I have Directv.I switched over to them from AT&T U-Verse back in late June for NFL Sunday Ticket being free for the first year.TWC is available in my area and one of their main retail stores is less than 3 miles from my house.I had TWC about 7 years ago and even then they sucked and I hated every aspect of their service.

Now I've done a bunch of research about this new Laker channel and the fact as of right now is that TWC is the only provider that will have it on day one when the channel launches on October 1st.Every other TV provider cable (Cox, Charter, Bright House) Satellite provider (Directv & Dish Network) Telco provider (AT&T U-Verse & Verizon Fios) have not and probably will not reach a distribution deal with TWC until like a week or the day before the regular season starts.So a lot of Laker fans who subscribe to other TV providers are going to miss the entire pre season.

Now in my situation being that I'm currently a Directv customer who's under contract and don't want to pay the early termination fee which is $20 per each remaining month left on your contract and TWC is available in my area.

What I'm doing is this:

-Sign up for TWC soon before the channel launches on October 1st or near October 7 when the 1st pre season game is scheduled to start.
-Suspend your Directv account so that you are not paying 2 separate TV service bills at the same time.You can suspend your Directv account for up to six months without having to pay the monthly bill.This will also save you money where you won't get hit with a Directv early termination fee if you are under contract with them.TWC also when you sign up does not require you to sign a contract.
-When Directv comes to an agreement to carry these channels.Cancel TWC and re activate your Directv account.

I'm going this route and have an appointment for TWC to come out and install service on 9-29.For 1 HD box and digital service it cost me $47 for 1 month.I didn't have to pay a installation fee, didn't have to put a deposit down or sign a contract.

Or if you can afford it keep both Directv & TWC and cancel TWC after Directv & TWC reach an agreement to carry the channels.
Last edited by KB8SD on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KB8SD

Postby KB8SD on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Doc Brown wrote:This is a FAQ list for what to expect. It might answer some questions people have...

And if you go to the top of the page, you can put in your zip code and cable provider and it tells you if you will be getting the channel or not. I know for out of state people this was a concern. I put in my area code in Ohio and it told me I am getting the channel so f*** yeah to that. :jam2:

http://twcsportsnet.com/faq/

I hate to break it to you but these new channels are a regional sports network which covers LA, Socal, OC, San Diego, some desert Arizona cities, Las Vegas, Clark County Nevada, and Hawaii.That is the Lakers regional TV territory.

Ohio is way the heck in the Mid West. No way you are in the Lakers regional TV territory and you will need NBA League Pass to watch Laker games that aren't being shown on national TV.

For a more accurate answer to your questions you should send a tweet and ask them on the TWC SportsNet Twitter page.

Link:

https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet
KB8SD

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 pm

^^^ I've called TWC in my area and they said I would be getting the channel, I asked 12 different ways and got the same answer every time. I put my area code and cable provider into the site I posted and it said that I would be getting the channel.

And if the day comes and I don't get the channel, I'll hike up my skirt, order NBA League Pass and enjoy it either way.
Doc Brown

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ I've called TWC in my area and they said I would be getting the channel, I asked 12 different ways and got the same answer every time. I put my area code and cable provider into the site I posted and it said that I would be getting the channel.

And if the day comes and I don't get the channel, I'll hike up my skirt, order NBA League Pass and enjoy it either way.

From what I understand we'd (well I guess you since Im cancelling my TWC service) get the channel and the content, but you wouln't be able to watch the actual games.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:From what I understand we'd (well I guess you since Im cancelling my TWC service) get the channel and the content, but you wouln't be able to watch the actual games.

Interesting.... it's basically the strip club of TV channels, you can look, but you can't touch.

Guess we'll find out soon enough, I don't care either way, it would be nice to have that free channel though. I'm one of the few that actually doesn't mind NBA League Pass.
Doc Brown

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:15 pm

where im at... time warner cable isnt available... i have bright house network which used to be time warner... but i checked on that twcsportsnet website to see if my cable will get it and as of right now it doesn't... i would prefer to get nba league pass if my cable doesnt get it but then theres the stupid regional blackout on league pass... cuz where i live theres no way to even get the lakers broadcast... i guess im gonna have to find out soon or usually they offer a free few days of league pass so ill check it out if laker games get blacked out or not
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Yep, its would be nice. Im interested in the behind the scenes coverage most of all. With guys like MWP, Nash and Dwight, its guaranteed to be entertaining stuff.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Tobias Funke wrote:From what I understand we'd (well I guess you since Im cancelling my TWC service) get the channel and the content, but you wouln't be able to watch the actual games.

Interesting.... it's basically the strip club of TV channels, you can look, but you can't touch.

Guess we'll find out soon enough, I don't care either way, it would be nice to have that free channel though. I'm one of the few that actually doesn't mind NBA League Pass.

There's a national version that's available for people that aren't in the coverage area and you'll have to subscribe to the sports package to get it. The national version won't be showing any games live.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:There's a national version that's available for people that aren't in the coverage area and you'll have to subscribe to the sports package to get it. The national version won't be showing any games live.

I can live with that. I think the most exciting part of that channel anyway is the behind the scenes stuff they are going to do and showing old classic Lakers game. If I get that, then that's great. NBALP can fill in the live game part.
Doc Brown

Postby NewDynasty on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Hope fios gets it cause i would hate to leave them for twc...ugh :bang:
NewDynasty

Postby OX1947 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 pm

I will NEVER go back to Time Warner. I know Directv will eventually get it. But in the mean time, ill watch whats on national tv and then download the rest.
OX1947

Postby JGC on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:57 am

Anyone know if league pass offers HD feeds yet? If I have to buy league pass I will, but watching this beautiful Laker team in SD will suck.
JGC

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

JGC wrote:Anyone know if league pass offers HD feeds yet? If I have to buy league pass I will, but watching this beautiful Laker team in SD will suck.

They've had one HD channel that would broadcast a couple of games a night. The Lakers are broadcast there a good amount, but not all the time.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 am

If you're living in California are you covered if you don't have TWC? hope someone gets back to me a little worried here
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby kidhell on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am

I have Dish Network and same problem... not offered... and not switching to terrible TWC. I have a question. If I buy the NBA League Pass are any games blacked out? Like, home games?
kidhell

Postby Kit on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:56 am

^^^All the Lakers games will be blocked when you watch it in LA.
Kit

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am

Kit wrote:^^^All the Lakers games will be blocked when you watch it in LA.

That makes absolutely no sense to me
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby VincentTH on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:08 pm

kidhell wrote:and not switching to terrible TWC. I have a question

I have been a TWC (and RoadRunner) for the past 15 years. I don't understand the hate towards TWC. The first few years have been terrible (circa 96-99), but for the past 10 years or so, the service has had may be 2 interruptions.

PS: I live in OC, so your mileage may vary.
VincentTH

Postby jOeyB7000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

KobeSystemtwofour wrote:
Kit wrote:^^^All the Lakers games will be blocked when you watch it in LA.

That makes absolutely no sense to me

It's due to territorial rights and broadcast rights I think.

Same reason why when the games are on TNT, you can't watch them on local channels. I hate that because when we have the late game on TNT, the early game NEVeR finishes on time and we end up missing the first part of the 1st quarter. Then even when the first game finished they STILL have to cut to commercials first before airing the game... ugghh.. now I'm just on a rant sorry.
jOeyB7000

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

So if I'm living in Los Angeles County I wont watch LOS ANGELES LAKERS?
KobeSystemtwofour

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion