TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby GinoDB on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

Im only in pasadena and we cant get TWC since this is a Charter cable town (which i used to have before Direct tv), so its DTV or bust. I believe they will get it done
GinoDB

Postby Phil XI on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Who cares? There will be enough national games in season to give the flavor, then when every game watching becomes a must, the Playoffs, it'll be on national broadcast for every game. No reason to buy anything right now.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Phil XI wrote:Who cares? There will be enough national games in season to give the flavor, then when every game watching becomes a must, the Playoffs, it'll be on national broadcast for every game. No reason to buy anything right now.

lol, i have twc so it's not a problem, but i wouldn't go through the season watching nationally televised games only, that's just torture.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Phil XI wrote:Who cares? There will be enough national games in season to give the flavor, then when every game watching becomes a must, the Playoffs, it'll be on national broadcast for every game. No reason to buy anything right now.

Some people actually enjoy watching every single Laker game, so yeah, I care. The NBA is my favorite sport, I not only watch Laker games, I watch almost any other NBA game that's on TV whether it's on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or even Bulls games on WGN. I know most people love the NFL above all else, but I love the NBA most and life just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't watch all Laker games, it's one of my favorite things to do.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Lol at die hard Lakers fans being satisfied with watching around 30 games out of the 82 :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby LUUUKE on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Lol at die hard Lakers fans being satisfied with watching around 30 games out of the 82 :man10:

no way in hell am i buying TWC..screw that

DTV all the way.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:30 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Lol at die hard Lakers fans being satisfied with watching around 30 games out of the 82 :man10:

That's what friends with TWC are for :man9: .. I'm as die-hard as they come, but I am NOT switching back to them. No way in hell.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm not saying people should switch to TWC ( non issue for me since I will watch every single game on International League Pass) ... but Phil XI post was saying it's not a big deal to miss 50 Lakers games for huge Lakers fans
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Get the NBA League Pass Broadband App. Problem solved.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby KB8SD on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Get the NBA League Pass Broadband App. Problem solved.

Not for people in LA or people in the Lakers DMA coverage zones.

They will get blacked out.
KB8SD

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm

I guess I'll have to listen to the radio broadcast until a deal comes through with DirecTV. I fully expect to miss all the pre-season games unfortunately. This is going to be a royal pain.

In the old days it was almost just as good to listen to the games. Many times all I had was the radio during the '80s and I would listen to Chick with his "World's Eye View." Forget TV, it was nearly as good as being there. In fact when you were there at the games you would miss hearing Chicky Baby's play by play. It was more exciting hearing him broadcast. He was just that good.

Of course it's not the same now. But I'll be the first to admit it, I thought having Ireland as play by play was going to suck, but he was really good last year! Not as good as Spero, but he and Michael were so much better than Billy Mac and Stu!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm

KB8SD wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Get the NBA League Pass Broadband App. Problem solved.

Not for people in LA or people in the Lakers DMA coverage zones.

They will get blacked out.
Hypothetical question -- if I got someone else who lives out of state to buy League Pass on their out of state cable/satellite account, can I watch all the games (in LA) without blackout restriction?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Lakerjones wrote:I guess I'll have to listen to the radio broadcast until a deal comes through with DirecTV. I fully expect to miss all the pre-season games unfortunately. This is going to be a royal pain.

In the old days it was almost just as good to listen to the games. Many times all I had was the radio during the '80s and I would listen to Chick with his "World's Eye View." Forget TV, it was nearly as good as being there. In fact when you were there at the games you would miss hearing Chicky Baby's play by play. It was more exciting hearing him broadcast. He was just that good.

Of course it's not the same now. But I'll be the first to admit it, I thought having Ireland as play by play was going to suck, but he was really good last year! Not as good as Spero, but he and Michael were so much better than Billy Mac and Stu!

i loved chicky baby. used to mute nationally televised games and turn on the radio to listen to chick.

there was a tribute video from lakersnation, brought a tear to my eye.

but you have internet, you can probably find a stream of the game and watch it. as with everyone here until the other providers resolve the deal.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

BDG wrote:Hypothetical question -- if I got someone else who lives out of state to buy League Pass on their out of state cable/satellite account, can I watch all the games (in LA) without blackout restriction?

Id imagine the blackouts are determined by the location from which the person is accessing the service, not the address on file for the account.

As I said above, Id think that using a VPN service would work. Im not a really technical person, but its a service that makes it look like you're accessing the internet in a different location than you actually are. For example, I used one when I was overseas and at the time Netflix service wasn't available outside the US. After using the VPN service, as far as Netflix was concerned I was in Miami, not 1000+ miles outside of the US, so I was able to watch movies.

I dont see why you couldn't do the same thing and "pretend" to be in Miami so that your Laker games aren't blacked out, but to be fair I haven't done it in over a year.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Phil XI on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Weezy wrote:

Some people actually enjoy watching every single Laker game, so yeah, I care. The NBA is my favorite sport, I not only watch Laker games, I watch almost any other NBA game that's on TV whether it's on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or even Bulls games on WGN. I know most people love the NFL above all else, but I love the NBA most and life just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't watch all Laker games, it's one of my favorite things to do.

I thought that way for the 40+ years I've been a Laker diehard too until I boycotted Saperstern last year and only watched a handful of postseason games, and none regular seas. 25-30 sounds about right until April.

And I do have TWC.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Well, missing a lot of games last year wasn't missing much since the team was mediocre and it was a 62 game season only and we pretty much knew going in we were 2nd round fodder at best. THIS season though, I don't want to miss a single minute of a single game, this team is going to be awesome. Last year regular season games were just entertainment as usual, but not tuning into playoff games, you just saved yourself some time and heartbreak if you truly believed in the team. Again though, this year, I anticipate a completely different situation.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Phil XI on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 pm

The expectation was the same last year as this, in my opinion. I expect 16 wins in the postseason.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Well if you honestly expected that last season good for you, I've seen enough championship teams to know that team didn't have 'it' last year pretty early on, but I certainly can't say you're wrong for being optimistic.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Weezy wrote:Well, missing a lot of games last year wasn't missing much since the team was mediocre and it was a 62 game season only and we pretty much knew going in we were 2nd round fodder at best. THIS season though, I don't want to miss a single minute of a single game, this team is going to be awesome. Last year regular season games were just entertainment as usual, but not tuning into playoff games, you just saved yourself some time and heartbreak if you truly believed in the team. Again though, this year, I anticipate a completely different situation.

^^ Yeah, I'm upset at missing what looks like at least the pre-season, Weezy. I'm gearing up for a very frustrating month. My only consolation is that all my other Laker watching friends are in the same boat. But then the bad part of that is I have nowhere to go to watch games if DirecTV doesn't make a deal in time for the regular season. :bang:

Here's hoping they get this thing ironed out ASAP.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm

10 min from the channel going live!!! I am just waiting at this point, glad i have TWC :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Anyone have a stream up somewhere?
OX1947

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

nice.. kevin frazier works for the network
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice intro, they're about to show what they will bring this season as far as coverage & access

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby sodunited on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 pm

i feel really bad for you boys that don't have it. hang in there.

i've got a raging hard on.
Kings 16-30 free throws game 7.......AT HOME..lol
sodunited

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion