TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm

I just checked the actual season schedule and opening night against Dallas TNT has the game exclusively for some reason. OK at least for sure we don't miss opening night. Then TW has game 2 up at Portland, and game 3 is ESPN & TW at home again against the Clippers. Then a big ole string of nothing but TW at home and on the road.
LTLakerFan

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 pm

So much access & interviews its crazy...never has frozen for me & the picture looks good...I didnt like the angle of the camera last night, but as mentioned before...that's the arena more than the camera crew...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Rockford Punch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Yeah like others have mentioned, the static camera angle last night totally sucked, way too high.. but the actual HD quality was left wanting. Whether it improves with time who knows, but I'm used to a better high definition standard than that.
Rockford Punch

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Direct TV: We are working on resolving this issue but as of now Time Warner has control of the channel but by the start of the regular season we should have it"

Me to Direct TV: You do know I'm going to keep bugging you guys till I see The Lakers on my guide right?

DTV: 90% of our calls are about this channel

me: lol then get a damn deal done
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Rockford Punch wrote:Yeah like others have mentioned, the static camera angle last night totally sucked, way too high.. but the actual HD quality was left wanting. Whether it improves with time who knows, but I'm used to a better high definition standard than that.

Well, you aint gonna get it with Time Warner. Time Warner is one of the worst companies on the planet. The only reason why they can stay in business is because they so many revenue streams that they continue to make buttloads of money doing absolutely nothing for their customers.
OX1947

Postby LakerFanatic834 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 pm

People with AT&T U-Verse please request TWC here and threaten to leave if they dont get it!
http://uversechannels.att.com/

Even if you dont have U-Verse please help out and request TWC!! We need our Lakers!!
LakerFanatic834
LakerFanatic834

Postby rockorego on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 pm

i spoke to a AT&T rep today regarding time warner channel and they said an agreement has been reach between at&t uverse and time warner cable and that uverse customer should see it up and running in a couple of weeks. :jam2: hope this is true!!!
rockorego

Postby revgen on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 pm

^If the agreement has been reached, then it shouldn't take a "couple weeks" to see the channel.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby rockorego on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Those were the exact words my rep said to me. she also said they're trying to finalize the details of the agreements and that they're also working on the technical end of things. whatever that means. so it should be up and running in two weeks according to her.
rockorego

Postby dj vitus on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 pm

I would think it would take a while to set up the technical side of things (maybe I'm wrong?), and hopefully a couple weeks is just worst-case scenario (so they can under-promise and over-deliver, keeping everyone happy). But there's an agreement!!

Hopefully this means all the dominoes will fall into place. I imagine any other cable provider lagging behind will lose out on a lot of customers, so it would behoove everyone to get in on it right now.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Anyone have any news regarding Charter? I'll probably call them myself tomorrow to see what's happening.
XXIV

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I really hope all of you get the channel soon, it doesn't feel right watching it knowing all my Laker brothers aren't watching with me.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Any Cox updates?? I want to call them but I'm always afraid that I'll get the person who knows nothing about what I'm talking about and frankly I'm tired of explaining this to all these people.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:15 pm

rockorego wrote:Those were the exact words my rep said to me. she also said they're trying to finalize the details of the agreements and that they're also working on the technical end of things. whatever that means. so it should be up and running in two weeks according to her.

For some reason I just don't believe this. According to every rep I've spoken to they should be able to activate the channel in a day or two. Two weeks seems like she's just going out on a limb since that's around the time the season starts. I'll call AT&T tomorrow to see what they say.
nthydro

Postby rockorego on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm

nthydro wrote:
rockorego wrote:Those were the exact words my rep said to me. she also said they're trying to finalize the details of the agreements and that they're also working on the technical end of things. whatever that means. so it should be up and running in two weeks according to her.

For some reason I just don't believe this. According to every rep I've spoken to they should be able to activate the channel in a day or two. Two weeks seems like she's just going out on a limb since that's around the time the season starts. I'll call AT&T tomorrow to see what they say.

make sure you ask the rep to ask his or her supervisor because every rep i talk to didn't have a clue as far as what i was talking about. but as soon as they put me on hold and ask them they always come back and say "you were right sir, i guess we(at&t) are in negotition with them (time/warner)".
rockorego

Postby revgen on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm

rockorego wrote:
make sure you ask the rep to ask his or her supervisor because every rep i talk to didn't have a clue as far as what i was talking about. but as soon as they put me on hold and ask them they always come back and say "you were right sir, i guess we(at&t) are in negotition with them (time/warner)".

A "negotiation" is not an "agreement".

It sounds like they aren't really sure.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 pm

^^ I agree. The key word I saw there was "negotiation," too. They're all in the same boat. As soon as the domino falls with DirecTV the rest will follow. But until that happens don't hold your breath.

This is a frustrating time as a Laker fan without TWC. I'm chomping at the bit. :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby rockorego on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 pm

ok, here's the deal, i've been calling att uverse almost every week asking about the time warner deal and the majority of the representatives do not know anything about the time warner/att/direct tv negotiations,but their supervisors do. so i always ask the rep to please go ask your supervisor about the time warner cable deal and they always come back with the same response" yes your right, we are in negotiation with them but as of now nothing has change". but today was different, today the rep's supervisor said they have reach an agreement and it should be up and running in 2 weeks.
rockorego

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:15 pm

The old "We've reached an agreement with Time Warner and it should be up and running in 2 weeks" run around..... :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 pm

rockorego wrote:ok, here's the deal, i've been calling att uverse almost every week asking about the time warner deal and the majority of the representatives do not know anything about the time warner/att/direct tv negotiations,but their supervisors do. so i always ask the rep to please go ask your supervisor about the time warner cable deal and they always come back with the same response" yes your right, we are in negotiation with them but as of now nothing has change". but today was different, today the rep's supervisor said they have reach an agreement and it should be up and running in 2 weeks.

Hopefully it's true then. Either way, thanks for the heads up man. I'll call AT&T and talk to a supervisor to see what they say.
nthydro

Postby GinoDB on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 am

my are is covered with att-uverse flyers every week. if they really want me to switch then I hope this is true
GinoDB

Postby nthydro on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:08 pm

nthydro wrote:
rockorego wrote:ok, here's the deal, i've been calling att uverse almost every week asking about the time warner deal and the majority of the representatives do not know anything about the time warner/att/direct tv negotiations,but their supervisors do. so i always ask the rep to please go ask your supervisor about the time warner cable deal and they always come back with the same response" yes your right, we are in negotiation with them but as of now nothing has change". but today was different, today the rep's supervisor said they have reach an agreement and it should be up and running in 2 weeks.

Hopefully it's true then. Either way, thanks for the heads up man. I'll call AT&T and talk to a supervisor to see what they say.

Just got off the phone with AT&T and the rep told me no agreement has been reached and they're still negotiating :man5:

She said a lot of people have been calling and she checked with her supervisor earlier this morning and there's no news. So I assume that one rep you talked to was blowing smoke. Sucks :disagree:
nthydro

Postby GinoDB on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm

every rep saying that a lot of people are calling is a good sign, means the Laker fan base is annoying them enough and will be heard
GinoDB

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Direct TV Rep: 99% positive by November 1st we will have this channel :)
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby GinoDB on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm

well if that does happen, it looks like companies dont really care about us hardcore fans who analyze pre-seaspn games and sit and watch the whole thing even when unknown scrubs are playing. not that I expected them to but its interesting and really shows the difference between those who watch every game to those casual fans
GinoDB

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion