TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby JGC on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 am

Kasumi wrote:^^^
The fans ticked off enough to make the angry calls to their providers know what's going on. When I get stopped by a 90-year-old lady at a church craft sale to talk about it (was wearing a Lakers shirt) it's a clue that it's no big secret.

All the opposition I've seen, including a LA Times article, talks about lamenting for having to pay to see games for the local team. But what they're not saying is how much extra Lakers programming we, the fans, will be getting. More behind-the-scenes, more analysis, etc. If they were just charging $3.95 to see the games that we could already see before, I'd be pissed. But there is a product behind the price tag that die-hard Laker fans will love.


Yeah, I agree with you. I guess what I meant was that the anger/frustration appears to be completely misdirected. Some people are angry at TWC. Some people are angry because they can't afford to buy a cable package and have been used to watching games for free. Some people are angry at their own cable providers for not carrying the channel yet. I really think the real reason people booed in this case was not because they're trying to lower TWC's leverage in this deal, LOL. The real reason is because they can't watch the games and they are trying to show how frustrated they are that they can't.

The idea that lowering TWC's leverage is going to help one's cause is ludicrous anyway so if that's why the fans were booing, then they still don't have a clue. Haha.

If a person has anger at all about this situation, there is only one entity to which that anger can be reasonably and appropriately directed. And that's at the Lakers franchise. They chose to inconvenience and limit viewership of its fan base for money. This didn't happen TO them, they chose this. The fact we don't have content yet isn't unprecedented... it's standard operating procedure for deals like this.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby lotus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am

What is disapppointing is that this deal appears incomplete because the cable providers have yet to come to an agreement. When part of your leverage, or game plan, is to rely on the fans to apply the pressure to get their cable providers to cut a deal, while in the meantime the fan experience is totally disrupted, it just looks bad.

I can only assume they thought this out and are willing to risk not providing games into the regular season if necessary. TWC has the Lakers, the Buss clan has the dough, and as for the fan experience, screw you.
lotus

 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 8:15 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Sean on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-374567-time-team.html

Lakers: TV deadlock brings creativity

By JEFF MILLER; 2012-10-15 00:02:00

It's a different team now, bolstered by a big-time, big-money addition and adjusting to significant change.

So, it will take some time to sort out things and quiet the confusion concerning the Lakers.

And that's just with their new television package.

Here's how chaotic the team's switch to Time Warner Cable is at the moment:

Even the Lakers' coach isn't sure if his family can get the games in their Anaheim Hills home.

"We're still a little unclear on that," Mike Brown says. "I'd like my wife and kids to be able to see me coach, you know? How's that whole thing working, anyway?"

The short answer, Coach, not well. Not well at all, so far.

Time Warner, the Lakers' new $3 billion TV partner, is locked in negotiations with other area providers – including DirecTV, Charter, Dish, Cox, Verizon and AT&T U-verse – to pick up its two new Laker-centric channels, SportsNet and Deportes.

The asking price is reported to be $3.95 per subscriber per month. The providers, however, are holding out for a better deal in hopes of keeping rates low for customers.

This is still just the preseason – the Lakers play Utah on Tuesday night at Honda Center – but fans who can't find their team on their TV are, in some cases, a bit uneasy and, in other cases, flat ornery.

During the Lakers exhibition Saturday at Staples Center, fans booed every time a Time Warner commercial was shown inside the arena.

Interest in the team, never lacking, is especially high this fall, the Lakers having added all-stars Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and a mountain of expectations.

One local media outlet called this "one of the team's most compelling exhibition seasons ever." While this is sort of like being designated "the most meaningful of the meaningless," it is true.

With the start of the regular season only two weeks away, a situation that is nagging to many could blossom into the full-blown unrest of Laker Nation. And this is a nation that swells with passion.

"It is such a shame that such an exciting time for the Lakers and their fans can only be selectively enjoyed," said Erika Gula of Walnut. "How can you follow a team that you simply cannot watch? Please help bring Laker peace to my home."

The good news is that it's in the best interest of each party involved to resolve the situation. Even better, the dominant opinion is that things will be cleared up by the opening of the regular season or shortly thereafter.

In the meantime, however, many fans either are helplessly shut out or forced to explore creative ways to get their Lakers.

"I had to do something," says Behrod Ganjifard, owner of OC Sports Grill, which is near Angel Stadium. "I need the Lakers games. We're a Lakers bar and we can't show the games? We might as well shut the doors and close down."

Located in an area that doesn't offer Time Warner, Ganjifard did what everyone does now when looking for answers. He went to his computer and Googled it.

There he figured out he could subscribe to Time Warner at his home, invest in a Slingbox and show the Lakers games at OC Sports Grill through his laptop. Hey, the guy does have a degree in computer science from Cal Poly Pomona.

He estimates the Lakers bring in 30 to 40 percent of his business and more than 50 percent when they make a deep playoff run. The last time the Lakers advanced to the NBA Finals, in 2010, Ganjifard's place regularly reached capacity on game nights.

So, for him, it was worth spending $200 on a Slingbox and an extra $50 for overnight shipping and boosting his home's Internet connection and turning off OC Sports Grill's WiFi service to conserve bandwidth.

"I want to pay for the service," he says. "I'd be glad to. That's not the issue. The problem is they won't deliver to us. So this is a necessary risk. It's like when your wife's having a baby and you speed going to the hospital. It's a chance you have to take."

Yes, until this deadlock is broken, these will be strange times for many Lakers viewers. The team's telecasts, for example, aren't even available to the team itself. The Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo has DirecTV.

So, when the team he built opened the preseason with a game in Fresno last week, general manager Mitch Kupchak was forced to go to Time Warner's studios to see it.

Similarly, Brown is a DirecTV customer. But he also has Time Warner service in the bedrooms of his sons, Cameron and Elijah. For that Fresno game, unable to locate the telecast on DirecTV, the boys watched on the family computer.

They were unaware that, in another part of the house, the telecast actually was available.

"So my wife (Carolyn) needs to go to either Cameron's room or Elijah's room and lay in bed and watch TV with them," Brown says. "OK. That should do it. I'll have to make sure they know that."

Register staff writer Janis Carr contributed to this report.
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
User avatar
Sean

 
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Pomona

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 am

One big circle jerk.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Juronimo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:59 am

Deals will get done, they have to, there's too much money at stake. It's still annoying though, too many fans can't watch the games even if they want to.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Sean on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am

Juronimo wrote:Deals will get done, they have to, there's too much money at stake. It's still annoying though, too many fans can't watch the games even if they want to.


and too many Laker employees... Kupchak, Coach Brown, Jeanne Buss, the team's practice facility, etc...
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
User avatar
Sean

 
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Pomona

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby CarFlagChris on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Who will blink first?
TWC has an interest in keeping the price high to maximize profits.
Moreover, TWC knows that fan interest is particularly high this season due to the signings.

The other cable/dish networks would prefer to wait out TWC so as to avoid increasing rates, or decreasing profits.
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Whatever happens, as soon as one deal is struck, the rest will follow immediately. I'm betting on DirecTV being the first to get er done because they have the most to lose. Unfortunately, I'm sure that $3.95/per subscriber rate is only with 100% buy in of all members of all providers. Otherwise, this would be the perfect opportunity to test out a la carte programming. Too bad that wouldn't fly without TW taking a long-term loss on their $3 billion investment.

Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5985
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:18 pm

This just sucks. Total Catch-22. The Lakers wouldn't be able to trot out this team as constructed without TWC's contract. However, we can't even watch this team in action because of their deal with TWC. Ugh. End this stupid thing!! :bang:

I'd like to watch some games now! :mad1:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Psychobroker wrote:Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.


Why? It was a multi-billion dollar bed that allows ridiculous freedom for them. It was a great deal from the Lakers' end.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby jlkr on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Well I got no dog in the fight among cable providers, I ain't got no cable, further, I have no intention of acquiring it. I just boo the abandonment of over the air broadcasts of road games. Heck, even League Pass on Broadband won't work for me as they'll black out the Laker games. TWC ought to get smart and offer the Laker channel on broadband for $8.95/month. I'd pay for that. I just don't want to pay $50-$60/month for stuff I never watch.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
User avatar
jlkr

 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: your friendly neighborhood bar

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.


Why? It was a multi-billion dollar bed that allows ridiculous freedom for them. It was a great deal from the Lakers' end.


What the hell is the point if you CAN'T WATCH IT?

Oh, here's a million dollars for your family, but you can't spend it on your family. You get it?

The Lakers are to blame for this more then anyone. They made the deal, they knew Time Warner would hold everyone hostage. The worse part is Time Warner is a pathetic excuse for a company that gives not a flying (bleep) stain for it's customers.

It's October 15th. There isn't even one hint of anything going on. Not good news. They will drag this into the regular season and Laker fans will miss games. I havent missed a game in years. So, seems to me, the Lakers or these (bleep) holes at TWC don't care if you do. Well, if that is the case, they can shove it up their butt holes.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

jlkr wrote:Well I got no dog in the fight among cable providers, I ain't got no cable, further, I have no intention of acquiring it. I just boo the abandonment of over the air broadcasts of road games. Heck, even League Pass on Broadband won't work for me as they'll black out the Laker games. TWC ought to get smart and offer the Laker channel on broadband for $8.95/month. I'd pay for that. I just don't want to pay $50-$60/month for stuff I never watch.


Nice to know there are people out there with balls and integrity. Kudos to you my friend. Nice to see you arent broken by these greedy aholes.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.


Why? It was a multi-billion dollar bed that allows ridiculous freedom for them. It was a great deal from the Lakers' end.


What the hell is the point if you CAN'T WATCH IT?

Oh, here's a million dollars for your family, but you can't spend it on your family. You get it?

The Lakers are to blame for this more then anyone. They made the deal, they knew Time Warner would hold everyone hostage. The worse part is Time Warner is a pathetic excuse for a company that gives not a flying (bleep) stain for it's customers.

It's October 15th. There isn't even one hint of anything going on. Not good news. They will drag this into the regular season and Laker fans will miss games. I havent missed a game in years. So, seems to me, the Lakers or these (bleep) holes at TWC don't care if you do. Well, if that is the case, they can shove it up their butt holes.


Because you WILL WATCH IT. You're missing the pre-season which sucks anyway. Calm down.

When the time comes for games you'll either see all of them or miss very few. The Lakers made a TERRIFIC decision here. They're set financially for Dr. Buss's eventual death. They're even set with the Lakers bloated payroll this and next season.

You are thinking far too short term if you're going to be this upset in the pre-season. If you had already missed half the regular season games or some playoff games or something I'd understand the depth of your anger, but right now it makes no sense.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 pm

:man10: :man10: You know things are getting tense when a "they can shove it up their butt holes" blast is finally being thrown at all of them. Give us our damn Lakers on TV.... damn it...now. :man2: :man2:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6487
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 pm

therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.


Why? It was a multi-billion dollar bed that allows ridiculous freedom for them. It was a great deal from the Lakers' end.


What the hell is the point if you CAN'T WATCH IT?

Oh, here's a million dollars for your family, but you can't spend it on your family. You get it?

The Lakers are to blame for this more then anyone. They made the deal, they knew Time Warner would hold everyone hostage. The worse part is Time Warner is a pathetic excuse for a company that gives not a flying (bleep) stain for it's customers.

It's October 15th. There isn't even one hint of anything going on. Not good news. They will drag this into the regular season and Laker fans will miss games. I havent missed a game in years. So, seems to me, the Lakers or these (bleep) holes at TWC don't care if you do. Well, if that is the case, they can shove it up their butt holes.


Because you WILL WATCH IT. You're missing the pre-season which sucks anyway. Calm down.

When the time comes for games you'll either see all of them or miss very few. The Lakers made a TERRIFIC decision here. They're set financially for Dr. Buss's eventual death. They're even set with the Lakers bloated payroll this and next season.

You are thinking far too short term if you're going to be this upset in the pre-season. If you had already missed half the regular season games or some playoff games or something I'd understand the depth of your anger, but right now it makes no sense.


TWC didnt have NFL network for 8 years. They already have screwed so many PAC 12 fans not getting that channel out, if you think they wont screw you to high heaven with the new Laker channel, you are kidding yourself. I am looking at track records here, not being pessimistic. TWC is notorious for screwing people over in every way a tv provider can screw you. From customer service, to product, to programming, to everything you can think of that is bad in a business, TWC does it. They offer nothing and raise prices. That's all they know how to do. I walked into TWC commercial building near my house one time to get a new box because the trash can they put in my house during installation looked like someone wiped their arse with. The FOB's in there were the biggest pile of dolts you could imagine. I thought I had walked into a check cashing store. It was like morgue with zero personality everywhere.

If there is a deal done before the season, I will be the first to admit I am wrong, but usually my gut is rarely wrong. My guess is they will burn everyone before they get a deal done and from the looks of it, most of everyone is falling for it. Sad.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Time Warner will be there to shut this guy down quick... should have kept it on the down low :man5: :man5:


"I had to do something," says Behrod Ganjifard, owner of OC Sports Grill, which is near Angel Stadium. "I need the Lakers games. We're a Lakers bar and we can't show the games? We might as well shut the doors and close down."

Located in an area that doesn't offer Time Warner, Ganjifard did what everyone does now when looking for answers. He went to his computer and Googled it.

There he figured out he could subscribe to Time Warner at his home, invest in a Slingbox and show the Lakers games at OC Sports Grill through his laptop. Hey, the guy does have a degree in computer science from Cal Poly Pomona.

He estimates the Lakers bring in 30 to 40 percent of his business and more than 50 percent when they make a deep playoff run. The last time the Lakers advanced to the NBA Finals, in 2010, Ganjifard's place regularly reached capacity on game nights.

So, for him, it was worth spending $200 on a Slingbox and an extra $50 for overnight shipping and boosting his home's Internet connection and turning off OC Sports Grill's WiFi service to conserve bandwidth.

"I want to pay for the service," he says. "I'd be glad to. That's not the issue. The problem is they won't deliver to us. So this is a necessary risk. It's like when your wife's having a baby and you speed going to the hospital. It's a chance you have to take."
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 am

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.


Why? It was a multi-billion dollar bed that allows ridiculous freedom for them. It was a great deal from the Lakers' end.


What the hell is the point if you CAN'T WATCH IT?

Oh, here's a million dollars for your family, but you can't spend it on your family. You get it?

The Lakers are to blame for this more then anyone. They made the deal, they knew Time Warner would hold everyone hostage. The worse part is Time Warner is a pathetic excuse for a company that gives not a flying (bleep) stain for it's customers.

It's October 15th. There isn't even one hint of anything going on. Not good news. They will drag this into the regular season and Laker fans will miss games. I havent missed a game in years. So, seems to me, the Lakers or these (bleep) holes at TWC don't care if you do. Well, if that is the case, they can shove it up their butt holes.


Because you WILL WATCH IT. You're missing the pre-season which sucks anyway. Calm down.

When the time comes for games you'll either see all of them or miss very few. The Lakers made a TERRIFIC decision here. They're set financially for Dr. Buss's eventual death. They're even set with the Lakers bloated payroll this and next season.

You are thinking far too short term if you're going to be this upset in the pre-season. If you had already missed half the regular season games or some playoff games or something I'd understand the depth of your anger, but right now it makes no sense.


TWC didnt have NFL network for 8 years. They already have screwed so many PAC 12 fans not getting that channel out, if you think they wont screw you to high heaven with the new Laker channel, you are kidding yourself. I am looking at track records here, not being pessimistic. TWC is notorious for screwing people over in every way a tv provider can screw you. From customer service, to product, to programming, to everything you can think of that is bad in a business, TWC does it. They offer nothing and raise prices. That's all they know how to do. I walked into TWC commercial building near my house one time to get a new box because the trash can they put in my house during installation looked like someone wiped their arse with. The FOB's in there were the biggest pile of dolts you could imagine. I thought I had walked into a check cashing store. It was like morgue with zero personality everywhere.

If there is a deal done before the season, I will be the first to admit I am wrong, but usually my gut is rarely wrong. My guess is they will burn everyone before they get a deal done and from the looks of it, most of everyone is falling for it. Sad.


TWC has nothing to do with directv not having the pac 12 network. they dont want to pay the 80 cents or whatever it is per subscriber and they dont want to provide the channel the way the pac 12 wants them to. directv wants to provide it as a standalone subscription channel instead of giving it to everyone on an existing package. kind of like the situation with time warner sportsnet.
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby kosstick on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 am

Lol at the guys saying Lakers should NOT have signed this deal.. This was money on the floor for them and they picked it up. As far as people complaining about not having it yet just relax we will have it by the end of the month. Direct Tv is the top provider in socal no way they get left behind
kosstick

 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 am

It's a sucky situation. I wish DirecTV would get it done. I knew it would stretch out for all of the preseason, but I just want some indication that it will actually get resolved by the regular season. And of course there is no assurance of that at all. This is seriously screwing with me now.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby CarFlagChris on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 am

Will any of the cable companies loose $$$ by NOT carrying the Lakers?
How much more $$$ will they gain?
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 am

I'd gladly pay the $3.95 a month to have the Lakers channel, but I'm sure for those who don't watch the Lakers it's an unnecessary cost. Perhaps they should make it optional?
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 am

XXIV wrote:I'd gladly pay the $3.95 a month to have the Lakers channel, but I'm sure for those who don't watch the Lakers it's an unnecessary cost. Perhaps they should make it optional?


And that has been my entire argument about what pieces of crap TWC is. They want every subscriber, those who do not even care about the Lakers, to pay for a channel they wont watch. And we all thumb it up to "it's business". Yah, let's be greedy mother (bleep) and then when we are in the middle of November and everyone is complaining, then we will relent. How bout you do the right damn thing at the beginning and give the (bleep) channel to those who want it and leave the people who don't alone.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby Psychobroker on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:Ultimately, I blame the Lakers for jumping into bed with TW at this point.


Why? It was a multi-billion dollar bed that allows ridiculous freedom for them. It was a great deal from the Lakers' end.


What the hell is the point if you CAN'T WATCH IT?

Oh, here's a million dollars for your family, but you can't spend it on your family. You get it?

The Lakers are to blame for this more then anyone. They made the deal, they knew Time Warner would hold everyone hostage. The worse part is Time Warner is a pathetic excuse for a company that gives not a flying (bleep) stain for it's customers.

It's October 15th. There isn't even one hint of anything going on. Not good news. They will drag this into the regular season and Laker fans will miss games. I havent missed a game in years. So, seems to me, the Lakers or these (bleep) holes at TWC don't care if you do. Well, if that is the case, they can shove it up their butt holes.


This. The Lakers basically sold out the fans (again) to justify putting more $$ on payroll. And like good drug addicts, most will follow wherever they need to go to get their fix. Personally, I'd pay the $3.95 / month price tag for all of the content provided -- all that stuff is worth it to me -- but that decision (to buy) is out of my hands, and that's because both the Lakers and TW overvalued their monopoly (so far).

Ultimately, they are a private company selling a product which I cannot buy. They had to know it would get to this point and they had to know the providers would never offer a la carte programming, so their $3B deal is on the backs of plenty of cable/satellite subscribers who could care less about the Lakers.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5985
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:27 pm

:bang:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.