TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
OX1947 wrote:And that has been my entire argument about what pieces of crap TWC is. They want every subscriber, those who do not even care about the Lakers, to pay for a channel they wont watch.

You do realize that's how Cable TV works, right?

Yah, and that's why I do not have cable anymore. Keep working!!!
OX1947

Postby JGC on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm

OX1947 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:
OX1947 wrote:And that has been my entire argument about what pieces of crap TWC is. They want every subscriber, those who do not even care about the Lakers, to pay for a channel they wont watch.

Ahhh so it's not REALLY TWC specifically you have an issue with then.

It is Cable TV in general? I'm pretty sure somewhere else you said you have a personal beef with TWC, which I think was more than fair for you to disclaim so at least people know why you seem so psychotic about this company.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:37 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

It is Cable TV in general? I'm pretty sure somewhere else you said you have a personal beef with TWC, which I think was more than fair for you to disclaim so at least people know why you seem so psychotic about this company.

:man10: No offense to OX1947 because I'm righteously pissed too I don't have it yet. But that was just funny.
LTLakerFan

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:38 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

There is no company I hate more then TWC. So, finding out my most favorite thing in the world, the Lakers, joined forces with them, automatically ruined the excitement because I knew what was coming. I knew something was gonna get messed up. So, now, I still have those (bleep) in my life and are holding us hostage with their bullcrap.
OX1947

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Is this really worth getting upset over with 2 whole weeks til the regular season begins? These companies all know that it's simply bad business to not allow the greater LA area to see their Lakers. I'm still quite confident this will be sorted out before then.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

:man10: No offense to OX1947 because I'm righteously pissed too I don't have it yet. But that was just funny.

It's not about being psychotic, it's about being shaken down. I do not like being shaken down.
OX1947

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:Is this really worth getting upset over with 2 whole weeks til the regular season begins? These companies all know that it's simply bad business to not allow the greater LA area to see their Lakers. I'm still quite confident this will be sorted out before then.

Track record says otherwise. That's what I'm going by. Personal experience and their history of screwing people. I am hoping to be wrong like never before. I want to watch my Lakers.
OX1947

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:Is this really worth getting upset over with 2 whole weeks til the regular season begins? These companies all know that it's simply bad business to not allow the greater LA area to see their Lakers. I'm still quite confident this will be sorted out before then.

I mean in reality this is all simple business procedure. It's nothing out of the ordinary. We just have a personal stake in it so some people are taking it personally... Everything about this is perfectly normal and will be sorted out.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:

I mean in reality this is all simple business procedure. It's nothing out of the ordinary. We just have a personal stake in it so some people are taking it personally... Everything about this is perfectly normal and will be sorted out.

Agreed. Additionally, business negotiations like this tend to speed up as leverage is increased as we near deadlines (the start of the regular season being the unofficial deadline in this instance).

No guarantees, and I certainly have some concern about this, but I feel like it's much more likely they figure it out sooner than later.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Completely agree! Ideally, I check into this thread to see any updates on resolutions on this matter and instead we see alot of dismay (and rightfully so) amongst frustrated Lakers fans.

Going on the assumption that most here, at the very least, have basic cable, then tonight's and Friday's preseason games will have to be streamed online. NBATV will carry Sunday's Kings game and Wednesday's (10/24) Clippers game. Unfortunately Thursday's (10/25) Kings game is not carried and must be streamed online again..but then the first 3 regular season games are covered by TNT, NBATV and ESPN respectively. It is not until Nov. 4th's Detroit game that we have to worry about finding something outside of basic cable to view Lakers games (that matter).

So hang in there fam....we have till Nov. 4th to really get this ironed out and like JSJ said, I'm sure it will.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Agreed. Additionally, business negotiations like this tend to speed up as leverage is increased as we near deadlines (the start of the regular season being the unofficial deadline in this instance).

No guarantees, and I certainly have some concern about this, but I feel like it's much more likely they figure it out sooner than later.

Yeah I mean there's too much on the table for people to lose out for too long. I mean as much as TWC spent for these rights, you have to understand they're going to want to get their return on investment. And of course the others are going to want to keep costs low for their customers because that's what good companies do.

It's all going to work out fairly soon here. And ^^ is a great point. We don't necessarily NEED it until the 4th which is 3 weeks away. We've got time.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm

It's a cable company, it's not a corrupt, evil government or something dang. I hate that I can't see the Lakers right now, but I'd watch every single game this season on an online stream if it means the Lakers had the money to put this team together and go for a title. It sucks we might miss some games, but really is it not worth it to have a team this good?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 pm

LA_LakersNews ‏@LA_LakersNews
Lakers game channel 754 DirecTV yeeeeeeee

This tweet was retweeted by Pincus, I'm not sure if it's true.
XXIV

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

XXIV wrote:
LA_LakersNews ‏@LA_LakersNews
Lakers game channel 754 DirecTV yeeeeeeee

This tweet was retweeted by Pincus, I'm not sure if it's true.

It's true, it's on 754. I am assuming its the Utah feed. We will see if they black it out or not in about a half hour.
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm confused here, did DirecTV come to an agreement with TWC?
XXIV

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm

XXIV wrote:I'm confused here, did DirecTV come to an agreement with TWC?

No, its league pass channel.
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Ah alright. :man5:
XXIV

Postby cthroatgtr on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Its blacked out on mine...I am not getting it
cthroatgtr

Postby cthroatgtr on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I guess you would already need league pass to get it?
cthroatgtr

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Im blacked out like paragraphs during the Watergate investigation.
OX1947

Postby Frank The Tank on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:56 pm

WTF is going on? It's blacked out for me too.
Frank The Tank

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm starting to draw parallels between the lockout and this TWC situation. I'm not liking it.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Scnottaken wrote:I'm starting to draw parallels between the lockout and this TWC situation. I'm not liking it.

It will be worse then the lockout.
OX1947

Postby Kit on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Be patient. At least we are not missing game 1 of the regular season lol
Kit

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Kit wrote:Be patient. At least we are not missing game 1 of the regular season lol

We wont be missing game 1,2,3. They are on TNT, NBATV and ESPN, in succession. Its Game 4 and beyond that will be a problem.
OX1947

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion