TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby jOeyB7000 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Stop trying to share good news! We ignored you for a reason!

:man9:

:boxing1:

:man10:
jOeyB7000

Postby LakerFanIam on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:32 pm

"The Lakers are important to L.A. fans, who can rest assured DirecTV is very engaged with Time Warner Cable on how best to make the new TWC SportsNet available in all our local customers' homes," spokesperson Darris Gringeri told IBD via email. "Time Warner Cable and DirecTV are two of the largest TV providers serving Los Angeles, and as such both share a responsibility to ensure that both sports fans and non-sports fans alike avoid any extraordinary increases to their monthly bills.
"We plan to carry TWC SportsNet in a way that is affordable for everyone."
TWC spokeswoman Maureen Huff told IBD: "Negotiations continue, but we don't have any additional agreements at this time."

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/technology/101912-630011-twc-seeks-sports-fees-laker-games.htm#ixzz2A4dUuzAg
LakerFanIam

Postby Vito Andolini on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah that statement was written 2-3 months ago. Thats the exact quote on their website on the FAQ.
Vito Andolini

Postby nthydro on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 pm

@DodgersLakers: #LAKERS fans next preseason game is Wednesday vs. Clippers & will be on Prime Ticket HD. | Deal coming soon between DirecTV & Time Warner.
nthydro

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

^i cant stand lawler and smith so im glad i have twc sportsnet. but i guess its good for people without the channel yet.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:59 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:^i cant stand lawler and smith so im glad i have twc sportsnet. but i guess its good for people without the channel yet.

Oh Me! Oh My!
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 am

Spoke to Cox today. They said that they can't speculate, BUT they don't think a deal will be done in time for the first game because Cox has "bent over" a ton and TWC won't budge on anything and Cox is willing to play hardball. Not sure how much weight that holds, but that's what they said.
Johnnyboy

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 am

Johnnyboy wrote:Spoke to Cox today. They said that they can't speculate, BUT they don't think a deal will be done in time for the first game because Cox has "bent over" a ton and TWC won't budge on anything and Cox is willing to play hardball. Not sure how much weight that holds, but that's what they said.

Noooooooo, really? hahahaha. It will be an eventful season ruined by greed and business practices that some will continue to support for the sake of "It's business". I guess, doing the right thing and doing something decent for supporters and customers doesn't mean a hill of beans, you know, because "it's business".
OX1947

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 am

revgen wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:^i cant stand lawler and smith so im glad i have twc sportsnet. but i guess its good for people without the channel yet.

Oh Me! Oh My!

BIIIIIIIIIIINGOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby JGC on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:37 am

OX1947 wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:Spoke to Cox today. They said that they can't speculate, BUT they don't think a deal will be done in time for the first game because Cox has "bent over" a ton and TWC won't budge on anything and Cox is willing to play hardball. Not sure how much weight that holds, but that's what they said.

Noooooooo, really? hahahaha. It will be an eventful season ruined by greed and business practices that some will continue to support for the sake of "It's business". I guess, doing the right thing and doing something decent for supporters and customers doesn't mean a hill of beans, you know, because "it's business".

I don't think there is anything wrong with what the Lakers have done. If you think the Lakers are so greedy why not support the Clippers or something?

What is so wrong with what the Lakers have done? Because you can't watch preseason games??
JGC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:07 am

OX1947 wrote:

Seriously? That's not really veiled because I'm the only one who's used that sentence multiple times... Who's doing the wrong thing? Is TWC wrong for buying the channel? Why is that wrong? They paid an exorbitant amount of money for the rights to the channel. Why shouldn't they ask for something in return? The money they used to pay for the channel is almost directly responsible for the team not worrying about luxury taxes this season. Is that wrong?

Is Cox wrong because they don't want to ask an extra 4-5 dollars a month for the service? An extra 4-5 dollars on top of 50 or 70 or 90 bucks a month, that's going to keep thousands of Laker fans from seeing their team play. Who's being selfish there? An extra 5 bucks a month doesn't account for much when you're already paying that high of a bill.

This is all business and if you don't like it, I'm sorry but maybe you don't have much experience in business. Each party is going to do what's best for themselves. They're all to blame as much as they're all blameless. But please continue to ceaselessly bash TWC and mock me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 am

therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Seriously? That's not really veiled because I'm the only one who's used that sentence multiple times... Who's doing the wrong thing? Is TWC wrong for buying the channel? Why is that wrong? They paid an exorbitant amount of money for the rights to the channel. Why shouldn't they ask for something in return? The money they used to pay for the channel is almost directly responsible for the team not worrying about luxury taxes this season. Is that wrong?

Is Cox wrong because they don't want to ask an extra 4-5 dollars a month for the service? An extra 4-5 dollars on top of 50 or 70 or 90 bucks a month, that's going to keep thousands of Laker fans from seeing their team play. Who's being selfish there? An extra 5 bucks a month doesn't account for much when you're already paying that high of a bill.

This is all business and if you don't like it, I'm sorry but maybe you don't have much experience in business. Each party is going to do what's best for themselves. They're all to blame as much as they're all blameless. But please continue to ceaselessly bash TWC and mock me.

Do you work for TWC? Do you run a psychic network and know what everyone thinks too? I AM NOT ABLE TO WATCH the (bleep) GAMES!!!!!!! That is why Im pissed. The hell does it have to do with TWC or whoever. Im pissed because I cant watch the games. And they black out the games when it isn't even on any other channel on my service. You get it? GET IT? Quit assuming you know who I am and whether I have been in business.
OX1947

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 am

I didn't assume anything. I understand why you're upset, but that doesn't excuse passively calling me out for saying it's business and Laker fans should be patient.

No I don't work for TWC and no I'm not a psychic. I don't even know what those statements might mean. They have nothing to do with what I said. If someone here was a psychic it would be you because you've been saying for weeks that this is going to be worse than the NBA lockout and that TWC is evil and all they care about is money.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

LakerFanIam wrote:
XXIV wrote:A little over a week until the regular season begins, I'm beginning to think this may not happen until after the season starts.

I believe someone posted that the first three games are Nationally televised, so they have until game 4 to work a deal...

According to this schedule, the first three games are nationally televised on TNT, NBA TV, and ESPN respectively. However, as we all know from Dwight Howard's debut the other night, NBA TV blocks out locals. Unless a deal is reached soon, LA based fans will have not be able to see the second game.
Snake Eyes

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am

Snake Eyes wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:
XXIV wrote:A little over a week until the regular season begins, I'm beginning to think this may not happen until after the season starts.

I believe someone posted that the first three games are Nationally televised, so they have until game 4 to work a deal...

According to this schedule, the first three games are nationally televised on TNT, NBA TV, and ESPN respectively. However, as we all know from Dwight Howard's debut the other night, NBA TV blocks out locals. Unless a deal is reached soon, LA based fans will have not be able to see the second game.

Not true, because the 2nd game is @ Portland for their opener. Meaning that NBATV will use there telecast, which means we will get the game. Had the game been @ Staples then yes you would be correct.

With all of this said it will be wise to mute that game and listen to 710 ESPN because there is no bigger homer than one of the Portland announcers (I forgot his name but he's the older looking one).
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby gcclaker on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 am

revgen wrote:

Oh Me! Oh My!

I have this button marked Mute on the remote thingy that I rarely use...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB8SD on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:

Not true, because the 2nd game is @ Portland for their opener. Meaning that NBATV will use there telecast, which means we will get the game. Had the game been @ Staples then yes you would be correct.

With all of this said it will be wise to mute that game and listen to 710 ESPN because there is no bigger homer than one of the Portland announcers (I forgot his name but he's the older looking one).

I think that game will also get blacked to people in the LA & Lakers DMA coverage areas.

Reason being is that the new deal there is only 1 local channel for both road & home games. Not like before in the past with FSN West & KCAL 9.

If NBATV though uses the Blazers regional network to show that game on NBATV then the game might not get blacked out locally.
KB8SD

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:

I hope you are right.
Snake Eyes

Postby LakerFan247 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 pm

my buddy works for Direct TV, this is a email he received today. so Stoked!!!

http://tinypic.com/r/v6q69j/6
Last edited by LakerFan247 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LakerFan247

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 pm

^ The image is cut for me. :man5:
XXIV

Postby LakerFan247 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm

there i posted it as a linnk
LakerFan247

Postby LakerFan247 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm

He also told me most likely that the deal will get done by Monday
LakerFan247

Postby JGC on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 pm

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Do you work for TWC? Do you run a psychic network and know what everyone thinks too? I AM NOT ABLE TO WATCH the (bleep) GAMES!!!!!!! That is why Im pissed. The hell does it have to do with TWC or whoever. Im pissed because I cant watch the games. And they black out the games when it isn't even on any other channel on my service. You get it? GET IT? Quit assuming you know who I am and whether I have been in business.

So you're mad at the Lakers because what they have done means you can't watch games? What is being mad doing to help the situation?
JGC

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

So you're mad at the Lakers because what they have done means you can't watch games? What is being mad doing to help the situation?

Thank you pastor.
OX1947

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion