TWC/Charter/Verizon/AT&T/Cox/DTV Ch. Guide (see 1st post)

Re: TWC and Lakers Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games

Postby NewDynasty on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Verizon better be getting this done as well or im dumping them for direct tv
NewDynasty

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 pm

LakerFan247 wrote:my buddy works for Direct TV, this is a email he received today. so Stoked!!!

http://tinypic.com/r/v6q69j/6

I truly hope that DirecTV does come to an agreement before the 31st. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm hopeful though. It would be in everyone's best interests, including my own!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby chraum on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I just got verizon, the lady told me they want to get it by the end of the year. I was totally put off but right now i switched to them to lower my cost. Im going to have to just pirate my way to view them. Someone should make a campaign about how TWC made us do illegal things so we can get our Lakers! Make them look bad to the general public. Bad PR for them.
Matt Barnes "I'm a Hustler baby, I just want you to know"
chraum

Postby JGC on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 pm

chraum wrote:I just got verizon, the lady told me they want to get it by the end of the year. I was totally put off but right now i switched to them to lower my cost. Im going to have to just pirate my way to view them. Someone should make a campaign about how TWC made us do illegal things so we can get our Lakers! Make them look bad to the general public. Bad PR for them.

I highly doubt end of the year. It's going to be beginning of the season, or not at all this season.

It wouldn't make sense for them to do it at the end of the year.
JGC

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:Spoke to Cox today. They said that they can't speculate, BUT they don't think a deal will be done in time for the first game because Cox has "bent over" a ton and TWC won't budge on anything and Cox is willing to play hardball. Not sure how much weight that holds, but that's what they said.

Noooooooo, really? hahahaha. It will be an eventful season ruined by greed and business practices that some will continue to support for the sake of "It's business". I guess, doing the right thing and doing something decent for supporters and customers doesn't mean a hill of beans, you know, because "it's business".

How about thanks for the update? Until recently Cox had been telling people they were confident a deal would be done by the end of the month.
Johnnyboy

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:Spoke to Cox today. They said that they can't speculate, BUT they don't think a deal will be done in time for the first game because Cox has "bent over" a ton and TWC won't budge on anything and Cox is willing to play hardball. Not sure how much weight that holds, but that's what they said.

Noooooooo, really? hahahaha. It will be an eventful season ruined by greed and business practices that some will continue to support for the sake of "It's business". I guess, doing the right thing and doing something decent for supporters and customers doesn't mean a hill of beans, you know, because "it's business".

:man10:

Seriously? That's not really veiled because I'm the only one who's used that sentence multiple times... Who's doing the wrong thing? Is TWC wrong for buying the channel? Why is that wrong? They paid an exorbitant amount of money for the rights to the channel. Why shouldn't they ask for something in return? The money they used to pay for the channel is almost directly responsible for the team not worrying about luxury taxes this season. Is that wrong?

Is Cox wrong because they don't want to ask an extra 4-5 dollars a month for the service? An extra 4-5 dollars on top of 50 or 70 or 90 bucks a month, that's going to keep thousands of Laker fans from seeing their team play. Who's being selfish there? An extra 5 bucks a month doesn't account for much when you're already paying that high of a bill.

This is all business and if you don't like it, I'm sorry but maybe you don't have much experience in business. Each party is going to do what's best for themselves. They're all to blame as much as they're all blameless. But please continue to ceaselessly bash TWC and mock me.

Cable bills around here are not 50, 70 or 90. It's much more than that. People are not angry about $5. Its the principal. TWC is asking EVERYONE that suscribes to cox to pay. Or at least they were early on. Cox is supposed to charge non Laker viewers more money? When they are already paying Well over $100? So the Lakers are like HBO? Showtime? If you let people walk on you, they will. TWC and Cox are both being greedy. TWC should bite $1.50 and so should Cox. Most peoples quick rebuttal is "well TWC paid a ton, they need to make money back" blah blah blah.....They make most of their money from advertising. Lakers and everyone else pay a boatload to advertise on the network.
Johnnyboy

Postby ramsay13 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Any news on Dish and TWC reaching a deal?
ramsay13

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

:man10:

Seriously? That's not really veiled because I'm the only one who's used that sentence multiple times... Who's doing the wrong thing? Is TWC wrong for buying the channel? Why is that wrong? They paid an exorbitant amount of money for the rights to the channel. Why shouldn't they ask for something in return? The money they used to pay for the channel is almost directly responsible for the team not worrying about luxury taxes this season. Is that wrong?

Is Cox wrong because they don't want to ask an extra 4-5 dollars a month for the service? An extra 4-5 dollars on top of 50 or 70 or 90 bucks a month, that's going to keep thousands of Laker fans from seeing their team play. Who's being selfish there? An extra 5 bucks a month doesn't account for much when you're already paying that high of a bill.

This is all business and if you don't like it, I'm sorry but maybe you don't have much experience in business. Each party is going to do what's best for themselves. They're all to blame as much as they're all blameless. But please continue to ceaselessly bash TWC and mock me.

Cable bills around here are not 50, 70 or 90. It's much more than that. People are not angry about $5. Its the principal. TWC is asking EVERYONE that suscribes to cox to pay. Or at least they were early on. Cox is supposed to charge non Laker viewers more money? When they are already paying Well over $100? So the Lakers are like HBO? Showtime? If you let people walk on you, they will. TWC and Cox are both being greedy. TWC should bite $1.50 and so should Cox. Most people quick rebuttal is "well TWC paid a ton, they need to make money back" blah blah blah.....They make most of their money from advertising. Lakers and everyone else pay a boatload to advertise on the network.

Exactly. The fact that TWC wants to gouge people who do not care about the Lakers is the whole point of my argument. Directv, for example, wants to put it on a tier, TWC wants it on the regular set up so that they can buttram god knows how many people who wont care for the channel. 3.95 per month per subscriber. Why? Why would you try and do something like that if you aren't a greedy little (bleep). That has been my argument all this time. Had TWC given the channel to those who want it, deals would be done. And you know TWC knows those who arent following the news of the TWC Sportsnet channel, will one month look at their bill and see that it is higher for no reason but having their garbage service. But hey, it's business right? Let's (bleep) people without them knowing. No one will notice the 3.95 extra a month on their bill. They will think it was a higher tax or something. That MO sounds so familiar doesnt it. Kinda how business was done before the crash of 2008, hmmmm, but, HEY, it's business.
OX1947

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 pm

TWC wants what?? :man10: They don't give a flying fudge if their channel is charged to the basic packages of OTHER CARRIERS. That's not THEIR call! All THEY want is a return on investment. Sure they make money elsewhere, but so do Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Derrick Rose. You think any of those guys are going to want to throw away their NBA contracts just because they make a ton of money off of endorsements? Or do they get it because they're worth it? Exactly.

You really think TWC would care if their channel was part of a slightly more expensive package? I don't. I'm sure they want it available to everyone, but hey! they make most of their money off of endorsements right?

TWC is doing exactly what any prudent business does and they're trying to earn money. Don't like it? Too bad. They earned that right when they ought bid everyone else for the position.

And whose fault is it that you're using a provider that is so expensive? You can get a basic package including internet from DirecTV for 80 dollars. If you want just cable it's less. If you live an area where only Cox is available, you're going to have more problems than just this channel because you're living in a monopoly. Different situation.

Frustration is one thing, but all of this unwarranted hate is seriously growing thin on me.

blah blah blah. Always a terrific argument. I'm so sick of this thread and it's ceaseless TWC bashing. I'm not entirely happy with them either, but I've been in the business environment for years and if you don't like this then the world must be a very difficult place for you to live in because it happens all the time every day.

I'm done with this thread. Frustration is one thing, but the amount of hate TWC gets in here is simply irrational.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Harrison5394 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 pm

fksteveblake wrote:Image

This is how I feel having TWC. As for the rest of you... Sucks to suck.
Harrison5394

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:TWC wants what?? :man10: They don't give a flying fudge if their channel is charged to the basic packages of OTHER CARRIERS. That's not THEIR call! All THEY want is a return on investment. Sure they make money elsewhere, but so do Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Derrick Rose. You think any of those guys are going to want to throw away their NBA contracts just because they make a ton of money off of endorsements? Or do they get it because they're worth it? Exactly.

You really think TWC would care if their channel was part of a slightly more expensive package? I don't. I'm sure they want it available to everyone, but hey! they make most of their money off of endorsements right?

TWC is doing exactly what any prudent business does and they're trying to earn money. Don't like it? Too bad. They earned that right when they ought bid everyone else for the position.

And whose fault is it that you're using a provider that is so expensive? You can get a basic package including internet from DirecTV for 80 dollars. If you want just cable it's less. If you live an area where only Cox is available, you're going to have more problems than just this channel because you're living in a monopoly. Different situation.

Frustration is one thing, but all of this unwarranted hate is seriously growing thin on me.

blah blah blah. Always a terrific argument. I'm so sick of this thread and it's ceaseless TWC bashing. I'm not entirely happy with them either, but I've been in the business environment for years and if you don't like this then the world must be a very difficult place for you to live in because it happens all the time every day.

I'm done with this thread. Frustration is one thing, but the amount of hate TWC gets in here is simply irrational.

If TWC burned to the ground, I would not only piss on the ashes, I would collect the ashes I pissed on and wait until I had to piss again, and piss on them again. How bout that (bleep)?
OX1947

Postby Kasumi on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 pm

OX1947 wrote:If TWC burned to the ground, I would not only piss on the ashes, I would collect the ashes I pissed on and wait until I had to piss again, and piss on them again. How bout that (bleep)?

Do you show this much vehemence of hatred towards companies that actually do bad things or just TWC? Because you're turning a thread intended to discuss the progress of negotiations into your own personal irrational diatribe against a cable company that, as far as I can tell, has never actually done anything to you. If you object to their business practices then you must have a long list of companies that you hate because what they're doing is standard business. It sucks in the negotiation stage but that's how these things work.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Kasumi wrote:
OX1947 wrote:If TWC burned to the ground, I would not only piss on the ashes, I would collect the ashes I pissed on and wait until I had to piss again, and piss on them again. How bout that (bleep)?

Do you show this much vehemence of hatred towards companies that actually do bad things or just TWC? Because you're turning a thread intended to discuss the progress of negotiations into your own personal irrational diatribe against a cable company that, as far as I can tell, has never actually done anything to you. If you object to their business practices then you must have a long list of companies that you hate because what they're doing is standard business. It sucks in the negotiation stage but that's how these things work.

Just get the damn deal done. I am not interested in nonsense. I am tired of watching Laker games from some guys living room through my laptop.
OX1947

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:54 am

:man10: dude, calm down.
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby JGC on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 am

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:TWC wants what?? :man10: They don't give a flying fudge if their channel is charged to the basic packages of OTHER CARRIERS. That's not THEIR call! All THEY want is a return on investment. Sure they make money elsewhere, but so do Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Derrick Rose. You think any of those guys are going to want to throw away their NBA contracts just because they make a ton of money off of endorsements? Or do they get it because they're worth it? Exactly.

If TWC burned to the ground, I would not only piss on the ashes, I would collect the ashes I pissed on and wait until I had to piss again, and piss on them again. How bout that (bleep)?

If TWC burned to the ground, you should be #1 on the suspect list.

You've got passion I'll give you that, but so did Marshall Applewhite.
JGC

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:37 am

I'm frustrated not being able to watch games right now, but I'm confident everybody involved in negotiations with soon strike a deal. I'm tired of going to my car and listening to the radio...haha.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm frustrated not being able to watch games right now, but I'm confident everybody involved in negotiations with soon strike a deal. I'm tired of going to my car and listening to the radio...haha.

^^ They've had good links here if you go to the game day link and look around - someone will usually post one that works. Saved me the last few games. It's not the greatest thing in the world to watch on the computer, but at least there's a visual.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 am

Lakerjones wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm frustrated not being able to watch games right now, but I'm confident everybody involved in negotiations with soon strike a deal. I'm tired of going to my car and listening to the radio...haha.

^^ They've had good links here if you go to the game day link and look around - someone will usually post one that works. Saved me the last few games. It's not the greatest thing in the world to watch on the computer, but at least there's a visual.

Thank you. I never tried it. Maybe I will tonight with the Clippers game.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby NewDynasty on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 am

Clippers game is televised tonight. The clippers announcers said we can watch it on fsn since its a clippers home game.
NewDynasty

Postby Johnnyboy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:54 pm

No kobe, no howard. But still bumped to watch the lakers tonight
Johnnyboy

God I "LIKE" TWCSports Net

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:43 pm

I know he have a TWC thread... but it's mostly about hate or when is the channel gonna be released.. BELIEVE me.. coming from Korea and not having ANY chance to see the Lakers play except for the playoffs... i really feel for you guys.. and i wish they would resolve this issue.. but as they do and for those that do have the channel and are fortunate to see the stuff on this ..

MAN THIS IS AWESOME.. it's like an ALL LAKERS radio station.. they talk Lakers 90pct of the time.. I do get annoyed when they switch to soccer but its far and few in between.. but from the promos to the backstage stuff.. to even the sets looking like old school kcal... and all the old bball games.. this is total LAKERS IMMERSION :bow:

as much as i hate to say it.. i wish we had an ALL LA channel like this.. including USC, UCLA DODGERS and Kings... that would so totally rule.. :bow:

p.s. mods.. if you feel you can trash this thread or merge it with the other TWC one
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Re: God I "LIKE" TWCSports Net

Postby Kit on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't have TWC but I like the channel. Watched a few games at my friend's house.
Kit

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:54 pm

ive had adelphia/time warner literally my whole life and have never had a problem. im glad theyre one of the big reasons why the lakers are gonna win the championship this year and will be able to keep the team stacked for many years to come.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:01 pm

You wanna know what I THINK, I THINK........AH, SIIIIIIIIIIIIKKE!!!!
OX1947

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm

NewDynasty wrote:Clippers game is televised tonight. The clippers announcers said we can watch it on fsn since its a clippers home game.

Mute. Turn on 710AM. Win.

Seriously, they are the dumbest set of announcers I've ever laid ears on.

They literally make my ears bleed. From the blind homerism on obvious calls against the Clippers, to straight up hating. And those Lawler-isms, BINGO! Are just straight annoying.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion