TWC Sportsnet Launch Party

Re: TWC Sportsnet Launch Party

Postby timothy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm

KB8SD wrote:
timothy wrote:so if my boss has verizon and let's say they don't make a deal with TWC, will he be able to still watch Laker games on his NBA League pass or what is the other way?

If he lives in the Lakers DMA zone (LA,Socal,OC,San Diego, Ventura,Santa Barbra, Oxnard, Bakersfield, Fresno, Las Vegas, or Hawaii)

He will get blacked out of all local home & road games.

Oh wow, so he'll only be able to watch the nationally televised games unless Verizon agrees to a deal then. Appreciate the info, gratitude.
timothy

Re: TWC Sportsnet Launch Party

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 am

JGC wrote:^ I dunno. Can't be too much if people are still willing to pay for it. Surely, we do it begrudgingly, but I wouldn't give up my cable. Maybe I just need new hobbies =)

I actually think deals will be made. I just don't think it will be with every provider. I just hope it is someone I can switch to, if it's not my own provider (Cox).

It's too much. We pay for it because we have no choice, a lot of people have stopped paying for it and just have Netflix and Hulu Plus because it's too much. It's television, it used to be free, then it cost a little bit for basic cable, then it started getting ridiculous with satellite and digital cable and now it's just plain silly how much they charge, for HDDVR boxes, boxes for each room, HD packages, sports packages, variety tier, choice tier, movie tier, it's a joke.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion