Smith or Pau

Pau
46%
Smith
53%

Total votes : 43

Re: Under D'Antoni, PAU or Josh Smith?

Postby gill on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Pig Miller wrote:there's only a few teams i can imagine taking him on, and it all involves taking a terrible contract in return (chicago for instance).

doesn't denver need a low post threat? they have more than enough depth to move a couple pieces for pau.

gill

Postby noobiew on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Pau Gasol is a Center and he has been played out of his position that why he is struggling, during our championship run Pau was our 5 while Odom was our 4 in the majority of the times, Pau needs to be played as a Center period, we are misused him and turning him into Dirk, he should works and force his man to play in the post to maximizes his potential, he is too slow and immobile to play outside the paint as a 4, He is consistently taking shots further and further away from the paint, that was not his game, that why he's in 30% FG shooting mid-range jumpshot this season currently with us.

Under D'Antoni he will be even worse I think since Dwight will be our low post player, we should seriously consider to mixes up the lineup and bring him off the bench to backup Dwight at the Center position, Jamison could played stretch 4 alongside Dwight in the starting lineup to provide spacing, I rather see Jamison & Hill playing in the 4 position instead of Pau, let Pau plays in his natural position and to do the damage attacking in the post. I think this could benefit both Pau as well as the Lakers.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 pm

i really do believe management would like to trade PAU for some young pieces before the deadline. we're the oldest team in the league.

josh smith is the answer. we couldve already had him but mitch got too greedy asking for teague but rightfully so.

pau is going to be traded soon. i mean come on we traded him once already.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:04 am

Doc Brown wrote:
khmrP wrote:and why would Clev do that?

YOLO

They can keep Gee, hell I'd take AV/Gibson with a Pietrus FA signing to fill in for Gee.

I had to look this up and I still dont get it :man3:
khmrP

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 am

khmrP wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
khmrP wrote:and why would Clev do that?

YOLO

They can keep Gee, hell I'd take AV/Gibson with a Pietrus FA signing to fill in for Gee.

I had to look this up and I still dont get it :man3:

YOLO is basically an excuse to do stupid things.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 am

noobiew wrote:Pau Gasol is a Center and he has been played out of his position that why he is struggling, during our championship run Pau was our 5 while Odom was our 4 in the majority of the times, Pau needs to be played as a Center period, we are misused him and turning him into Dirk, he should works and force his man to play in the post to maximizes his potential, he is too slow and immobile to play outside the paint as a 4, He is consistently taking shots further and further away from the paint, that was not his game, that why he's in 30% FG shooting mid-range jumpshot this season currently with us.

Under D'Antoni he will be even worse I think since Dwight will be our low post player, we should seriously consider to mixes up the lineup and bring him off the bench to backup Dwight at the Center position, Jamison could played stretch 4 alongside Dwight in the starting lineup to provide spacing, I rather see Jamison & Hill playing in the 4 position instead of Pau, let Pau plays in his natural position and to do the damage attacking in the post. I think this could benefit both Pau as well as the Lakers.

that playing out of position excuse is stale as Pau's game.....just like last year, Pau gets his chance @ C when Howard/Bynum sit, he still doesn't post up and settles for jump shots majority of the time, he can't back down anybody, just look at that weak attempt fade away he did on Diaw, shameful!
khmrP

Postby Vassallo on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 am

Is there a possibility to trade Pau for Gallinari + fillers ??
Gallo is young and talented and he can play SF or PF, he can shoot and has high IQ.
Hi all from Italy... So sorry for my english
Vassallo

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 am

^^

thats posible only in the dream...galo would be perfect next to dwight...no way den would trade him for pau...

i think we overrate pau...and other GM are not stupid,they have eyes and brain too...
i realy think if smith was avaible he would be here in the sec...
we should look for some desperate teams who need "star player"...something like toronto...and we can forget bargani...on top of my head...something like...calderon+amir+kleiza..(thats is just example how much i think is pau value around the league)
maybe we could get better players next year couse pau is expireing...but i dont feel comfortable with him going in play offs and maybe wasting another kobe and nash year...
escobar8

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 pm

LUUUKE wrote:we're the oldest team in the league.

The New York Knicks take offense to this.
Frank Dux

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion